• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Let's talk about Bish, babby

Void extension?

• Total voters

NML

Obviously if it has to be unanimous we will never get it, but voiding the extension does have a majority (10) votes.

NML

you and leach both got pissy, maybe you spearheaded it. I remember him saying he had ragrets due to it setting a precedent though.

Yeah, I did regret it. It set a precedent that the league can veto any deal it doesn't feel is "fair."

This sets a precedent too - which I think needs to be set. Don't trade things you don't have.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It also sets precedent to retroactively punish someone, which we normally don't do. We make house rules as a result if we HAVE to, but we don't do this.

NML

That's a fair point. I definitely think we should set a house rule for double trading like the one I proposed earlier.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm definitely double trading MANY picks in the future, and am opposed to all new rules.

I'm also gonna sign pre arb deals longer than 5 years, because fuck Doh's fucking rule, and we can have a vote on whether I'm wrong. OOPS PINKY ACCIDENTALLY SIGNED FOR 12 YEARS. I encourage everyone else to ACCIDENTALLY LINE STEP ALL OVER DOH'S RULE as well. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm definitely double trading MANY picks in the future, and am opposed to all new rules.

I'm also gonna sign pre arb deals longer than 5 years, because fuck Doh's fucking rule, and we can have a vote on whether I'm wrong. OOPS PINKY ACCIDENTALLY SIGNED FOR 12 YEARS. I encourage everyone else to ACCIDENTALLY LINE STEP ALL OVER DOH'S RULE as well. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

YOU KISS YOUR MOM WITH THAT MOUTH TODAY BOY?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Doh and I were against Wolfman's extensions which were seen as asinine, but I don't think either of us recommend the even dumber rule we have now. I always said that just adding a limit to post-arb extensions is dumb, what should've been done was ban pre-arb extensions and don't allow them until 1st year after arb (which also passed). The 5 year rule was retarded though. If anything it should've been a rule mandating an increase in post 6th service year salary on any extensions but the beyond 5-year ban was just a really lazy way of doing it by people who didn't know wtf they were doing and thought it was the correct solution because it sounded nice.

I specifically used this when signing Redbeard to his idiotic deal. The 5-year rule still allows me to sign a really good (at least he was then lol) pitcher to 2M per but not longer than that, so instead of being able to sign him for 7 years with an increase on those last two years, I was stuck just keeping him in really cheap deal because of the rule.

The 5-year rule didn't fix the original problem that Wolfman caused, and added a stupid limitation on top of it.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It was doh complaining about my extensions to Vasquez and Pendrago, OU made the new rule immediately after. According to doh MY CONTRACTS WOULD HAVE RUINED THE LEAGUE

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah I remember those, they were awful. The 5-year solution still made no sense though, when something like "don't be an absolute scumbag and exploit indy dev ai when extending players" would apply

Wolfman21

Doh and I were against Wolfman's extensions which were seen as asinine, but I don't think either of us recommend the even dumber rule we have now. I always said that just adding a limit to post-arb extensions is dumb, what should've been done was ban pre-arb extensions and don't allow them until 1st year after arb (which also passed). The 5 year rule was retarded though. If anything it should've been a rule mandating an increase in post 6th service year salary on any extensions but the beyond 5-year ban was just a really lazy way of doing it by people who didn't know wtf they were doing and thought it was the correct solution because it sounded nice.

I specifically used this when signing Redbeard to his idiotic deal. The 5-year rule still allows me to sign a really good (at least he was then lol) pitcher to 2M per but not longer than that, so instead of being able to sign him for 7 years with an increase on those last two years, I was stuck just keeping him in really cheap deal because of the rule.

The 5-year rule didn't fix the original problem that Wolfman caused, and added a stupid limitation on top of it.

Look at this fuck boy callin me out but is pussy enough to "ignore" me.

12 sim years later and that one Miguel Chavez extension has turned into multiple extensions and something I started, lol. Go fuck yourself fuck boy cuz your bitch maid boyfriend obviously ain't handling business

NML

Go fuck yourself fuck boy cuz your bitch maid boyfriend obviously ain't handling business

kramer5.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

You really are the worst.

Lloyd Carr

Look at this fuck boy callin me out but is pussy enough to "ignore" me.

12 sim years later and that one Miguel Chavez extension has turned into multiple extensions and something I started, lol. Go fuck yourself fuck boy cuz your bitch maid boyfriend obviously ain't handling business

amen brother

NML

I don't really care about Bish - my bigger issue is that I think there should be a punishment for double trading picks.

HOWEVA I do think something's wrong if we get a majority vote on something and it doesn't pass.

NML

Because you are trading assets you don't have.

And I know most people do it accidentally, but if we keep letting it slide you are setting a precedent that it's okay - and it's not. Eventually, these line steppers will "accidentally" trade first round picks twice for a big player and we will all have to just let it slide because they'll reference this.

Just be aware when you trade a pick. It's not that fucking hard.

Lloyd Carr

Because you are trading assets you don't have.

And I know most people do it accidentally, but if we keep letting it slide you are setting a precedent that it's okay - and it's not. Eventually, these line steppers will "accidentally" trade first round picks twice for a big player and we will all have to just let it slide because they'll reference this.

Just be aware when you trade a pick. It's not that fucking hard.

If there was a trade that involved double traded picks, wouldnt it make more sense for the parties involved to come to an agreement about how to rectify the situation, rather than throw some blanket punishment at the person?

And accidents happen dude. Sorry everyone isn't as awesome as you.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

:thumbsup:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I didn't realize anything had to be unanimous or I wouldn't have brought it up because getting something to pass a unanimous vote is impossible (even without Doh). Majority rulings are dumb and too prone to abuse, but one would thing if it is good enough for a constitutional amendment, 2/3s would work for the WBL. Right now the real votes made by people in the league sit at 10:1, so the league obviously does have a problem with this.

OU told me the Os weren't going to do anything (Fair enough) and that it would need to be a league wide vote, so that's what we did.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If any of you'll want to make your own rules I'm sure osick and orlando would gladly hand over commissioner duties and you can run it however you want.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If any of you'll want to make your own rules I'm sure osick and orlando would gladly hand over commissioner duties and you can run it however you want.

Then just say that from the beginning. Say "We aren't going to punish Doh, move along." If you gonna pull the "well if you wanna run the league" shit, just do it from the beginning and don't be a pussy about it and "leave it up to the league" (when you aren't)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Then just say that from the beginning. Say "We aren't going to punish Doh, move along." If you gonna pull the "well if you wanna run the league" shit, just do it from the beginning and don't be a pussy about it and "leave it up to the league" (when you aren't)
We are, same rules we always have used. We've used unanimous voting for decades in this league. Get petulant all you want, the cookies are smelling great

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I know you guys do more than that, but it's not like I'd have to rule on things since you guys don't either (and don't take that in a bad way I'd do the same thing)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
And again, I'm not running anything. I set them up a long time ago but it's orlando and osick now. They can change or do whatever they want. I have no say in any decisions so I'm not sure why you keep trying to make yourself feel better by using me as the escape goat

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I basically did say this. We aren't punishing doh beyond shaming and @ing. If you guys want to discuss a rule that's fine, but this is just dumb. Doh is an asshole, but he is our asshole. He is a long-time owner who is very active. NML has quit multiple times and Travis is fairly new.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
And again, I'm not running anything. I set them up a long time ago but it's orlando and osick now. They can change or do whatever they want. I have no say in any decisions so I'm not sure why you keep trying to make yourself feel better by using me as the escape goat
Sorry dude. You are grandfathered in. GOAT escape goat.