• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Let's talk about Bish, babby

Void extension?

• Total voters

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
And by the way, I set things up the way they are for reasons. I didn't just do it flippantly. Tried everything from a majority to 2/3rds to 3/4ths to 3/5ths a person. Everything but unanimous caused a massive shitstorm. If everyone doesn't agree we don't do it. We've never really had a retroactive thing like this, I think we had one where we changed the extension but not void. That was doh too :laughing:

But the change was minor (guaranteed TOs). This whole thing is just stupid, you should have gone with a rule instead of a retroactive punishment. These always end in bitchfits and cause the league to get all wrapped up in severe petulitis. Cookies at 900 degrees burnt to a crisp. That's why you're the worst, you go about things in a way to cause the most shit every time you have an issue.

If something happens that needs to be fixed, fix it so it won't happen again. Don't go back and change things. This is an online baseball game, it isn't important. It's just for fun, I know you're an engineer so you don't work like that but just woosah a bit and propose a solution for the future. Nobody would argue with that, and it would pass unanimously.

osick87

Community Liaison
All this taught me was we (Well, I since I will be the one who will likely maintain it) should probably keep a seperate traded draft pick sheet just in case.

From now on if I see a trade that has a double traded pick in it, I'm not doing it. If it's the trade deadline, tough shit. If the other Os, don't care then whatever. I guess hope Orlando does the deadline day.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
All this taught me was we (Well, I since I will be the one who will likely maintain it) should probably keep a seperate traded draft pick sheet just in case.

From now on if I see a trade that has a double traded pick in it, I'm not doing it. If it's the trade deadline, tough shit. If the other Os, don't care then whatever. I guess hope Orlando does the deadline day.

Already doubting my pick trading tracking?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
it's about as ironic as me forgetting to pull exports before a late season sim.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Is the irony of the guy who curates the traded picks list double trading a pick lost on everyone else?
Is the irony of you going on and on this as someone whose double traded picks twice lost on you?

I don't think NML's rule idea on losing a pick a bad idea but I don't really think it's that big of a deal. And that adds more work for whoever wants to monitor it now. People have done it all the time and usually the person slighted out of the pick gets better picks as Lloyd has pointed out.

As for pre-arb deals... (can of worms opening)... I think the game is fine with it now. The AI is much better. Whatever version the "rule" was made was the AI was bad.

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
If any of you'll want to make your own rules I'm sure osick and orlando would gladly hand over commissioner duties and you can run it however you want.

If you guys want to give it to someone, I can be the old vet. You just need to teach me how to do the draft and you're free. As long as you and @Orlando are willing to give insight when something may @Brick up, then I'm fine with having someone else to sim.

I have an issue with people giving me shit like I meant to screw up shit. Just like I'm sure doh isn't appreciative of people making it seem he did it on purpose. That's the stuff that stresses me out and not enjoy this league. If people keep that in mind, I'm fine. If people want to be pricks for the sake of being a prick to me, then whatever. I'm getting better at letting that slide off my back.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Is the irony of you going on and on this as someone whose double traded picks twice lost on you?

I don't think NML's rule idea on losing a pick is a bad idea but I don't really think it's that big of a deal. And that adds more work for whoever wants to monitor it now. People have done it all the time and usually the person slighted out of the pick gets better picks as Lloyd has pointed out.

From what you posted it was once and looked more like no one could agree on who had which years pick. Also, go fuck yourself.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If you guys want to give it to someone, I can be the old vet. You just need to teach me how to do the draft and you're free. As long as you and @Orlando are willing to give insight when something may @Brick up, then I'm fine with having someone else to sim.

I have an issue with people giving me shit like I meant to screw up shit. Just like I'm sure doh isn't appreciative of people making it seem he did it on purpose. That's the stuff that stresses me out and not enjoy this league. If people keep that in mind, I'm fine. If people want to be pricks for the sake of being a prick to me, then whatever. I'm getting better at letting that slide off my back.

That's largely why I quit. I'm fine doing the draft. I'm saying if people think the rules in place are so shitty they can take over commissioner duties and change whatever they like. I know you used to not be a huge fan, maybe you've warmed up to where you don't care, the constant bitching about things is what drove me nuts. Change the rules then, get your unanimous votes. I'd even abstain so I wouldn't be the one to take it out.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
You could also go back to the @Bdub original rule where you couldn't trade after the 2nd round... that's how it was before I volunteered to do the picks thread.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
You could also go back to the @Bdub original rule where you couldn't trade after the 2nd round... that's how it was before I volunteered to do the picks thread.

Actually I'm cool with this and brought it up, but I think Rad had a mini-stroke at the suggestion.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

I think we got a nice groove going to be honest. The every other week plus me making @OU11 do the draft works for me.

TonyGin&Juice

This is the only solution that makes any sense. Outside of the penny stock enthusiasts that are convinced their 7th round SPREADSHEET WARRIORS are one good series in AA away from putting up a -0.5 WBL WAR does anyone see any real value in adding a 4th, 5th or 7th round pick to a trade? Can we also cut the draft at 10 rounds instead of the current 15? Anybody not picked just becomes a FA.

osick87

Community Liaison
That's largely why I quit. I'm fine doing the draft. I'm saying if people think the rules in place are so shitty they can take over commissioner duties and change whatever they like. I know you used to not be a huge fan, maybe you've warmed up to where you don't care, the constant bitching about things is what drove me nuts. Change the rules then, get your unanimous votes. I'd even abstain so I wouldn't be the one to take it out.

Well we are never going to get unanimous votes because there are at least 3 deadbeats who I assume we would count as Nays. I don't remember voting for the contracts stuff but that was awhile ago. Don't see how that would be unanimous either

When I almost quit in January, @Orlando and @Travis7401 told me not to do something I didn't enjoy then the next day I would start talking to them about building my team. It was then I realized that I still liked OOTP and the WBL. I just needed to take breaks from here/Nutopia in general. The alternating weeks with @Orlando has helped so I'd be fine with someone like that.

Just seems like you guys are giving the "Well if you guys don't like it, you can be commish" post a few more times each time there's something brought up. I've just never cared for the retort so figured I'd give you guys the out if you wanted it.

Wolfman21

Doh kept track of picks And double traded his own. Wolfman offered to keep up with them and was told to shut up.

Wolfman offered to sim and was told to shut up and now an O is saying they'd love to give that up.

Lawd...

TonyGin&Juice

At the same time, I'd also just like to quit so I don't have to do any more of @TonyGin&Juice's braindead trades

Why you being so mean? Without my trades this league is a bore and at least 2/3 of the problems we have go away. Do you really want this league to go back to the days when Miami/Key West was run with competence and the percentage of posts referencing some combination of Andrew "Dice" Clay/Cocaine/NEDA/PokerBrat/Al Davis/AJ Preller was 0%?

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Doh kept track of picks And double traded his own. Wolfman offered to keep up with them and was told to shut up.

Wolfman offered to sim and was told to shut up and now an O is saying they'd love to give that up.

Lawd...
Hush

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well we are never going to get unanimous votes because there are at least 3 deadbeats who I assume we would count as Nays. I don't remember voting for the contracts stuff but that was awhile ago. Don't see how that would be unanimous either

When I almost quit in January, @Orlando and @Travis7401 told me not to do something I didn't enjoy then the next day I would start talking to them about building my team. It was then I realized that I still liked OOTP and the WBL. I just needed to take breaks from here/Nutopia in general. The alternating weeks with @Orlando has helped so I'd be fine with someone like that.

Just seems like you guys are giving the "Well if you guys don't like it, you can be commish" post a few more times each time there's something brought up. I've just never cared for the retort so figured I'd give you guys the out if you wanted it.
Well those arent nays, they're abstains. So it isnt necessarily all yays it's just the ones voting. When i was running it i think that's how it was. I cant remember, but i dont think i counted non votes as nays.

I like ootp, but i dont like having to deal with it daily. It's a fun side activity to me now so i cant scrap all the time like i used to and still enjoy it. That's why i got burnt out, had nothing to do with the game itself

Wooly

You get into a lot of things you don't know anything about :laughing:
Is he still playing in the league? Not that I am aware of. I will apologize if he still is, but he is not listed as a current manager, and I don't see him actively involved either. Why bother commenting about a league you used to play in?

NML

I have a reel hard time believing we ever had a unanimous decision on anything, but when ur a QUITTER you miss some things so I can't say for sure.

But that's a stupid fucking rule. Especially as we head into 17 where there's likely new areas that need adjusting or they'll be exploited.

Also put me in the camp that's tired of hearing the "if you don't like it, you run it" line. It's especially tiresome because every time it's said, one or two people offer to help out.

I have no desire for the O's to get supplanted - it's certainly a thankless gig and you'll do a great job. But quit holding it over our heads. Others have offered to help out to give you a break/let you retire.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I have a reel hard time believing we ever had a unanimous decision on anything, but when ur a QUITTER you miss some things so I can't say for sure.

But that's a stupid fucking rule. Especially as we head into 17 where there's likely new areas that need adjusting or they'll be exploited.

Also put me in the camp that's tired of hearing the "if you don't like it, you run it" line. It's especially tiresome because every time it's said, one or two people offer to help out.

I have no desire for the O's to get supplanted - it's certainly a thankless gig and you'll do a great job. But quit holding it over our heads. Others have offered to help out to give you a break/let you retire.
If you dont like it, run it

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm not even a commish anymore, i most just say that now to rile people up. Is that not what we were doing?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
and the whole point of unanimous is that if we can't all agree that a change is good for the league, we don't do it. again this wasn't some random shit I threw together. You guys act like I made this league in a day, we can go back to 2/3rds and when a really big decision comes up and it's a tight vote, you're going to get 1/3rd of the league on the edge of leaving from that alone.

It isn't worth it, but go on down that road again if you want.

NML

So you gave up on trying to get doh to quit so you've moved on to the Os? Stop it.

And ur next

Dublin available if any of you halfwits run off the Os

p9sjh1vbfdh7yz2dgm9v.gif