• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Key West Pirates

Gooksta

KghiJrU.png

Last edited:

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Reely surprised P Nunno Favela is struggling like this (5.79 ERA, 1.63 WHIP). I thought his 2044 year was closer to norm than this year, but he's pitching the same for you as he did for me. Only reason I wanted to move him was he was out of options and I couldn't send him down for a while.

Good to see Brun getting it together doe. 1.33 WHIP and got his BB/9 back down.

Gooksta

Bill Dennis experiment
To keep me interested in my tank season i will be following Bill Dennis throughout the year to see how he does

1st week was a good week. Slashed .300/.395/.550 with a stolen base and a homerun. Will keep him at the bottom end of the lineup till he proves himself

Bill Dennis currently has a slash of .267/.314/.344 in 131 AB's with 1 HR, 8 RBI's. has 3 SB's in as many attempts and 7 BB's

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
Down on the Farm
Who to watch for
7/10/45

CF Israel Guzman

Recently Traded for Israel Guzman is showing everyone why Key West was so interested in him. 23 yr old is a potential Glove Wizard in waiting and has the speed to cause terror on the base paths. Guzman is slashing .286/.355/.382 in AAA with 29 SB's in 42 attempts on the year. At AAA Casablanca Guzman showed his defensive prowess with a +26.44 Zone Rating

in his games with Winston Salem he is slashing .349/.394/.465 with 9 SB's in 14 attempts in 18 games​

Last edited:

Gooksta

KEY WEST PIRATES
DOWN ON THE FARM
08/04/2045

Fifth overall pick in the 2045 draft, Stephen Adams is putting up some devastating numbers in A ball. He is 11-1 with a 2.14 ERA, has a 1.05 WHIP, and a FIP of 2.71. He has 101 strikeouts in 84 innings pitched. He currently has 8 consecutive wins and 37 strikeouts in his last 3 starts.​

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
9/11
Roster Expansion

Israel Guzman gets a chance to see what he can do in WBL. He slashed .350/.403/.468 in Winston Salem with 38 Stolen bases in 46 attempts in 56 games​

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
Down on the farm
Prospects to watch

1) SP Craig Johnston: they say everything is big in Texas. Johnston seems to back that statement. The 6'5" right hander is a big presence on the mound. Promoted to AAA after the 2045 season he is quickly making his way through the Pirates minor league system. 13th overall pick in the 2044 draft, Johnston got promoted to AA after his first pro season in A ball. his first year he went 9-3 with. A 2.76 ERA amassing 144 Strikeouts in 120.2 innings pitched.he also had an impressive 1.14 WHIP.

In AA Johnston did more of the same, putting up steady numbers. Going 10-8 with a 3.66 ERA, and a good 2.45 K/BB RATIO. Will be given a chance at the rotation in spring training.

2)
enmFzPc.png

Key West love the improvements Morton Larsen has been making, He was the perceived throw in when Key West Shipped Jose Rivas to Moscow for a first round pick. Larsen has made improvements to his game at the end of the year and Key West thinks he might have a chance to make the WBL at the end of the coming season if he keeps playing well​

Last edited:

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
2045 Draft

Pick 1-3
SS Roberto Rocha - might of been a reach here, but if he improves on his current projections he becomes a solid starter. have the possibility to move him to second or third if need be. but middle infielders are kinda scarce right now and felt like getting the best one available in the draft was warranted.

Pick 1-5
RHP Stephen Adams - College Arm who throws around 93-96 with a developing changeup. at 5'11" he might be diminutive in stature, but his numbers speak loudly. Boasting 11 K/9 and 1.06 WHIP along with a very good 2.85 FIP.

Pick 1-13
LHP Ray Chapman - Typical crafty left hander. has 3 pitch mix with a Cutter/change and knucklecurve. his .237 BABIP was something that stood out.

Pick 1-15
C - Bill Aguilar - good defensive catcher with some offensive skills. his intangibles make it possible for him to grow.

got 2 pitchers and two solid up the middle defenders with some possible offensive upside. made moves to get the guys I really wanted, so I am happy with this draft as of right now.

Pick 2-29
OF Ryan Fuller
High school lottery ticket. Projects as a average hitter. Grear range in the OF. Can play all 3 spots and good base runner. If he develops he could be a nice player​
looking back at my draft last year. Rocha struggled, but his potential numbers stayed the same, so if he can make some improvements on his play - Ill be happy. Stephen Adams dominated A ball and got promoted to AA made decent improvements. Chapman struggled and had some change in his potential, 1 went up and 1 went down.. he will be someone I keep a close eye on this year.. Aguilar did very well. even though his numbers say he can get promoted, I am keeping him A ball another year because i dont think his ratings are good enough to make in AA

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
45s are AA at least. Especially at his age. Even 40s if there is good potential. But I try to get guys up early because I'm impatient, and I have a standing rule not to let anyone over 21 be in single A, 23 in AA, and 25 in AA if they are real prospects. Filler players can go over in AA or AAA but I cut or promote any 22 year olds every year for A.

A at 22, AA at 23 and AAA at 24 isn't crazy though. Just caught me off guard at first

osick87

Community Liaison
I usually put every guy I draft in A but the college guys, if really successful, will get pushed to AA. My minors have had a bit of a log jam lately so last year was the exception (White owning A and me not promoting him to AA since Barella was playing so well).

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
April 16, 2046

Davila set to make Debut, Na Released?
C - Jose Davila has been called up from AAA Winston Salem and is set to make his WBL debut, Acquired in a trade with the Amsterdam Tulips along with prospect OF - Harry Littler back on March 31st, that sent a conditional 2nd round pick back to the Tulips. Davila is a very good Defensive Catcher who is expected to start behind the plate and move Gavin Anderton to DH. Davila is a decent bat and is expected to hit somewhere in the middle of the lineup for now. To make move for Davila, former first round pick 1B - Kyu peong Na was released. Drafted 9th overall in the 2039 draft. Na never seemed to full his huge potential after being picked out of high school. Rookie first basemen Jemke van Bekenes is expected to become the starting first baseman for the Pirates moving forward. Na hit .224 with 15 HR's and 42 RBI last year in his only full season with the club last year.​

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
April 18

The Curious Case of Masgaba Dato.

Pirates recently traded for Catcher Jose Davilla. That move has moved catcher Gavin Anderton to the DH spot. Which brings us to M. Dato. Dato was the 12th overall pick in the 2044 draft, and is currently rated the 12th best prospect in the pirates organization and as you can guess, he plays catcher. Dato projects to be a decent bat with above average power with no spot to play in the struggling pirates lineup. look for the pirates to start giving time at 1B if they want to find a way to get his bat in the lineup. Dato is currently in AA and is projected to be in the WBL late nxt year.​

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
Prospects to watch
4/30

Today we take a look at first basemen Mario Baez. Currently ranked the 59th prospect in the WBL. BAEZ is a switch hitting 1B who can hit for good power. Hitting for average will be a struggle because like typical sluggers he will strike out quite a bit. Also he doesn't walk enough. Defensively he is everything you would want. Solid glove. Projects as a platton starter or maybe good enough to start if he can induce Moe walks and or reduce his strikeouts​

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Baez blew through his ceilings each of the last two years after three years of meh. Just 22. Wonder if he blows through these ceilings again in 2047.

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
April 18

The Curious Case of Masgaba Dato.

Pirates recently traded for Catcher Jose Davilla. That move has moved catcher Gavin Anderton to the DH spot. Which brings us to M. Dato. Dato was the 12th overall pick in the 2044 draft, and is currently rated the 12th best prospect in the pirates organization and as you can guess, he plays catcher. Dato projects to be a decent bat with above average power with no spot to play in the struggling pirates lineup. look for the pirates to start giving time at 1B if they want to find a way to get his bat in the lineup. Dato is currently in AA and is projected to be in the WBL late nxt year.​
So my scout has upgraded Dato's eye to 70 potential. That would be awesome, cept my new scout is all over the board compared to OSA's numbers. Scout is way under or way over, don't know what to think

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
6/11/2046

Why Doesnt Felipe Ramirez get more playing time?

n5AlRii.png

Backup Catcher Felipe Ramirez has a current slash line of .298/.319/.500. which is pretty much what he did last year for Key West slashing .291/.323/.540 while hitting .291 with 19 Homeruns and 45 RBI's with 285 AB's in a hundred games. For a team struggling to get any kind of offense Felipe Ramirez should be starting and getting full time at bats. Ramirez a 4th round pick (67th overall) was drafted in 2040 and worked his way through A and AA in his first 2 years of pro ball. He turned heads in 2043 when he hit .291 with 37 HR's and 114 RBI's in AAA.​

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
6/11/2046

kNoa9pG.png

Ipe Docking at the very least can be a super sub bench player on a WBL team. Great baserunner and solid defender. currently can play second, third and short along with LF. Learning center and will give him time in RF also. Very excited about this pickup​

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Yeah.. he didn't get a lot of abs with Cairo. I am hoping that giving him abs can get him back to what he was and maybe exceed those potentials.. and that bunt hit us a plus

Bunt-for-hit and sac-bunt are easy ratings to overlook. Keep us posted.