• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Key West Pirates

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
But gap will be hard contact.. doubles and triples.. correct?

Yes but it has nothing to do with contact as a rating. So it has nothing to do with average. The only thing that modifies is how many of the already determined # of hits a player is capable of are XBH. Likewise Eye only determines how many of those failed at bats are turned into BBs. Those are the only two ratings that are independent from the other three.

BABIP/Power/Ks are all linked

Eye/Gap are both independent.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ill will if i see it like you do.. i am not there yet

There could be some hidden relationship, so definitely test it out. I guess the easiest way to test would be to have a guy go through a season with 250/BB and 0 BB and see how different his averages are.

Gooksta

Yes but it has nothing to do with contact as a rating. So it has nothing to do with average. The only thing that modifies is how many of the already determined # of hits a player is capable of are XBH. Likewise Eye only determines how many of those failed at bats are turned into BBs. Those are the only two ratings that are independent from the other three.

BABIP/Power/Ks are all linked

Eye/Gap are both independent.
Thats fine in this instance how i see it

Gooksta

Oooh, that's a fun one. I'm not even going to open the can of worms on that since it wouldn't help you out even if you knew :laughing:
Your saying his baserunning wont get him a few xtra basehits? Compared to a guy who is a bad baserunner?

Gooksta

Ok, as long as you know you are wrong.
No im not. I said i dont care for it.. you are arguing something different just so you can be right..but to make u feel better. Its a part of obp. Yes it is.. oh yess it is isnt it... Yesssssss. It isnt what i was saying though.. but good for you.. you won an argument that i wasnt arguing.. good job

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
No im not. I said i dont care for it.. you are arguing something different just so you can be right..but to make u feel better. Its a part of obp. Yes it is.. oh yess it is isnt it... Yesssssss. It isnt what i was saying though.. but good for you.. you won an argument that i wasnt arguing.. good job
Lol y u mad?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing: you literally said, "that's arguable" to me saying average was the biggest part of the story.

osick87

Community Liaison
I don't even know why Orlando is trying to be confrontational with AVG vs OBP.

osick87

Community Liaison
Ok, as long as you know you are wrong.

Ughhhh. The arguer cant let it go
U wrong. U mad. Done.

Seems sort of Lloydish to me.
559meC9.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Sorry for cluttering your thread hipster bear. Was unaware you didn't understand the fact I stated. My bad.

Wolfman21

Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned Lando Rant. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm Worldtopia emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest season since Amsterdam last lost a Championship series. And when Gooksta squeezes his fat white ass into the playoffs this season, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

Gooksta

Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned Lando Rant. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm Worldtopia emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest season since Amsterdam last lost a Championship series. And when Gooksta squeezes his fat white ass into the playoffs this season, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.
I dont have a fatass.. id say its slightly yellow