• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Key West Pirates

Gooksta

Abraham Smith

13th round pick could be a gem.. might not be anything but a bench player at best.. but for a 13th round pick any type of WBL production is huge. Doing very well in AA and mostly gets a promotion to AAA. LOVE that .385 obp due to his 90+ walks..can play all infield postions.. love trying to find these late round gems.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Could you give us a 2043 draft review - your team primarily, but I like reading your thoughts on other teams too. Just don't review my failure of a draft.

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
Free Agents

Sergio Tovar - MR: Needing to get back some arms for the Bullpen after dealing bullpen Arms, Tovar hopefully can be what the Pirates pen will need in 2044. Consistency.
Robbie Farr - 3B: 3B was an issue for the Pirates last year. Farr should hopefully solve that problem. Signing a 2 yr deal for 5.21 per. 2nd year is a team option.
P Cormick Kynman: Cormick will be given a shot to make the Pirates 5 man rotation. Also can be used as a long reliever
1B Ryan Connor: Signed a 1 yr 11 million dollar deal. he adds a big bat to the middle of the Pirates lineup
C Mark Coates: Coates also signs a 1 yr deal for 1.4 million. A good defensive catcher who brings some stability

Last edited:

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
First Year Players Draft

Last edited:

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
Trades

Key West trades RP Jose Rivas to the Moscow Mules for their 2nd round picks in 2045 and 2046 along with OF Morton Larson. Larson the 4th pick of the 5th round in the 2042 draft gives some organizational depth.

Not even a week Later, Moscow Mules come knocking again for yet another reliever. This Time in young CL Leonardo Muniz. Moscow came with an offer to good to pass up, their 2044 first round pick and AAA C Ron Stanley.

Seoul Glow Called inquiring on 24 yr old RP Aldred Jochems and made a deal giving up their 2045 2nd and 6th round picks along with their own 24 yr old pitching prospect Patrick Heathcote.

Key West Trades Gavin Anderton - C to Amsterdam Tulips for SP Gustaf Spronck. Spronck is a 20 yr old Right hander pitches off his fastball with a decent forkball. his put away pitch is his Slider that has good tilt and developing a change. Anderton was going to start the year in AAA. Key West currently has a crowd at catcher at AAA with Felipe Ramirez who hit 37 HR's and 119 RBI last year. Along with just Francisco Miranda who hit .293/.393/.445 at AA Yonkers last year. Not to mention recent trade acquisition Ron Stanley.

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Congrats on Doodles. He is a frustrating player, but $5M is fairly cheap. He wanted $10.5M per in an extension.

Gooksta

gnrRJpw.png

Gooksta

have some moves still pending but I will give a basic outline of my how my team "should" look as it stands Right now. this is for Wendell since his video he had no clue what was going on with my team in his video.

Starting Rotation
1) Challen - will let the vet be the Ace
2) Felitti - did ok at the end of the year, will give him his shot
3) Mainaky - earned his stripes. will put him #3
4) Kidwell - young kid, will give him a shot too
5) kynman/Lindgren - who ever does the best will get 5.. if they both do well maybe I kick Kidwell down back to AAA for some more seasoning

Bullpen
lol - work in progress. backend I have no clue who the Closer or setup guys are gonna be.. all I know is Bruce,Evans, Tovar and Neuvel are definitely in the mix some shape or form

1) CF Bjorn Rijsdijk - Struggled offensively last year, but Good CF with speed
2) DH Vajorov - another ho hum .330+ season for Vajorov, getting on at a .380ish clip
3) 1B Connor - with his walk rate and power.. want him hitting 3
4) LF J Hong - will protect Connor and be what he is - a prototypical Slugger
5) 3B Farr - has good power.. so 5 is logical for him
6) RF Terry - pretty solid at the dish
7) 2B Egberts - hit 270 ish, decent D
8) SS Adumbe - Defensive SS
9) C Coates - Defensive Catcher

still waiting on some free agents to sign.. so we will see how that works out and how my bench will look depends on those signings.

Gooksta

C Nawaf Ziyad Signs a minor league deal with major league option. Ziyad is decent against left handed pitchers so look for a possible platoon situation with Coates

Gooksta

MgfHbe2.png

Al Lemond signs with Key West. Can play 1B/RF - was an 8+ WAR player in AAA the last 2 years. last year hitting .321 with an ASTOUNDING .516 On-Base Percentage due to 183 base on balls.. YES - 183. he had 175 the year before and 121 two years before that. it will be interesting to see how the Pirates use LeMond

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
Minor League Report

SP Claude Dupas signed as an international free agent back in 2039. Found by Key West scout Dale Nurse. Dupas has Blossomed into Key West's top pitching prospect, ranked 50th overall in the top 100. He Works upper 90's as high as 97 with his fastball, Dupas has a 4 pitch mix fastball, changeup, cutter and forkball. All 4 are currently plus offerings, with his Cutter having the potential of being plus plus. Last year went 11-7 with a 5.07 ERA in an extreme hitters league. Dupas had 164 Strikeouts in 143.2 innings pitched and a respectable 1.47 WHIP. At 25 look for Dupas to finally get his call with the Pirates some time this year.​

F8AG3jp.png

Last edited:

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Felitti is unhappy. Look at his morale. He is "angry" at his performance. ???

That dude is one hella competitor if he is angry at his performance.

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
April 25-May 1

Pirates (3-4): Lost both 2 game Series to Amsterdam and Moscow, then Swept Buenos Aires. Bjorn Rijsdijk had a nice first week back from injury hitting .429 and 1 HR for the week
Minor league Report
Winston Salem Princes (AAA): Princes went 4-3 to bring their record 14-12, good enough for 3rd place currently.
K P. Na 1B is continuing his hot start Hitting .382/.536/.762 with 2 double, 2 home runs, 3 RBI and 7 walks for the week.
C. Dupas SP suffered a slight injury with a soreness in his elbow. he will be held out of the rotation and is day to day.

Yonkers Fisherman (AA): Managed a 5-3 record this week to get themselves back to .500. 13-13 on the season
R. Ramos SP went 2-0 with a 2.13 ERA in his two starts.
P. Foster 1B had a nice week offensively hitting .409 with 2 HR's and 4 RBI. Foster was the Pirates 7th Round pick in last years draft and was promoted from A ball at the start of the year.

Kenly Electric (A): Kenly went 4-4 on the week. Currently 14-12 on the season.
C. Stockdale SS hit .412, scoring 4 runs for on 7 hits. One was a Home Run.

Gooksta

Key West Pirates Dublin Connection
Both players signed as free agents who were previously with the Dublin Distillers organization and are having huge impacts on the Key Wests Season

ifh6Tr0.png

i7BQ80R.png

Gooksta

SS Bill Denis. 2042 2nd round pick has been making some noise in the Pirates organization. Just recently promoted to AAA Winston Salem he is hitting .353 with an on base of .443. Granted its his first week in AAA, it seems to be matching his output in AA Yonkers . His slash line of .299/.422/.557 in AA. Dennis has excellent plate coverage an uncanny ability to get his bat on the ball. He grinds out at bats fouling off tough pitches until he gets one he can handle, but this doesnt make him a free swinger. He will take walks which explains his high obp. Pirates want him to improve defensively. Doubt he will be able to stay at SS because his range is lacking and is somewhat inconsistent with making routine plays. If his plate discipline keeps improving it will be intersting to see how the Pirates utilize him.

Gooksta

^ Surprised his OSA ratings haven't popped up with the way he's performing.
His eye pot jumped 15 pnts and avoid k is at 80. His contact wont need to be that high for him to get good contact if he meets pot in those 2 areas imo

Gooksta

If his contact doesn't jump all that avoid k and eye means is he makes weak contact to the infield.
His gap power is 55 Max pot.. you combine cntct with avoid k of 80 and 60 eye. That makes it 60 ish imo..1 he wont swing at bad pitches.. when he does swing, he wont miss it and square it up..

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
His gap power is 55 Max pot.. you combine cntct with avoid k of 80 and 60 eye. That makes it 60 ish imo..1 he wont swing at bad pitches.. when he does swing, he wont miss it and square it up..

His eye pot jumped 15 pnts and avoid k is at 80. His contact wont need to be that high for him to get good contact if he meets pot in those 2 areas imo

I was quoting this post, where you said his contact didn't need to be that high.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Only 4 GIDP this year. Kid hits Triple A pitching better than college. @Gooksta might be onto one of those slow bloomers here.

I think his contact will likely rise, I'm just saying you need contact to rise. Otherwise he will just hit .240 in the WBL with a .330 OBP

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Been grappling with it for ages and still don't know what it means in OOTP. Pop-out artist?
Basically. The other ratings play a role, but if they have one good rating I'd rather it not be that one unless contact is also high and the kid can run.

Gooksta

It depends, it just means he makes contact. It doesn't mean that is good contact.
i think an average contact and high eye and avoid k = good contact. Again we will see how it plays out.. either way. Dennis will put alot of balls in play..

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Contact is good contact and Avoid-K is any contact?

well contact is good contact, yes, but it derives it's value from the other ratings and BABIP. eye and gap are not included, they are their own separate rating for a specific thing (walks and XBH). If you have a guy with 80 K and 45 contact, his BABIP is probably like 22

Gooksta

Contact is good contact and Avoid-K is any contact?
Allegedly. Add eye into the equation.. it should tell you what kind of pitches he is swinging at..

Example low eye with high avoid contact wold be swinging at bad pitches out of the zone but making contact with it

High eye with high avoid k would be swinging at hittable pitches in the strikezone..

Then add in his hit tool talent. Contact/gap/power

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Allegedly. Add eye into the equation.. it should tell you what kind of pitches he is swinging at..

Example low eye with high avoid contact wold be swinging at bad pitches out of the zone but making contact with it

High eye with high avoid k would be swinging at hittable pitches in the strikezone..

Then add in his hit tool talent. Contact/gap/power

Ideally you'd think so, but Eye and Gap have absolutely nothing to do with contact in this game. It's the dirty little secret OOTP doesn't want you to know.

Gooksta

Think of it this way.. eye and avoid k =approach and plate discipline

Contact/gap/power = hit tool

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Think of it this way.. eye and avoid k =approach and plate discipline

Contact/gap/power = hit tool

You can, but that's not how it works. I think you may need to revamp that spreadsheet again if you're approaching talent eval this way :laughing:

Gooksta

Ideally you'd think so, but Eye and Gap have absolutely nothing to do with contact in this game. It's the dirty little secret OOTP doesn't want you to know.
But gap will be hard contact.. doubles and triples.. correct?