• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I like using the download link in my email, installing, and then realizing that I need to get the update and repeat the process.

Gooksta

I'm doing a GM only setup and hiring staff. My manager is small ball and likes to bunt/steal/hit and run a ton. I had to promote him from AA, pretty much my only option since I started in Spring Training.

I might actually try to play toward this strategy and see if I can win with it. It would be vastly different from how I play in the WBL.

Saddled with some awful contracts. Bumping trade difficulty to hard makes it look like I'll be stuck with the contracts. I also set the league so I can be fired.

For some reason every manager is running 6 man rotations. I'm guessing I have a strategy setting screwy somewhere.
This is the most challenging imo.. I love it personally

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Lol at new league, would be nice if people could actually focus on our current league. SMDH!

RIP WBL

Am excited to hear they've changed the way "potential" is handled with draft picks. Sounds more realistic to have scouts getting overly excited about the top end of a player's potential in real life and having players often fall short. Should make paying attention during drafting more important.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Lol at new league, would be nice if people could actually focus on our current league. SMDH!

RIP WBL

Am excited to hear they've changed the way "potential" is handled with draft picks. Sounds more realistic to have scouts getting overly excited about the top end of a player's potential in real life and having players often fall short. Should make paying attention during drafting more important.

This was how it was for years. As soon as I stop whining about the new system they go back to the old one. Well played, indy devs.

Wolfman21

These box scores on OOTP 17 are sick. Can't wait til we move.

Dansby Swanson's current ratings are quite fucking low compared to where he stands in real life though. 35 current ratings at everything when hes 22 and will prolly be in the big leagues before the end of this season in real life? Come on indy devs

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yeah, the game summaries will be awesome with my morning coffee.

Don't really care about the feature for my offline dynasties.

Wolfman21

2 weeks in and 4 injuries on my A ball squad that will last longer than a month, lol. That roster is severely depleted. Braves are at 4-8 after a solid 4-3 second week of the season. Maybe I should create a dynasty so i can stop posting this shit in here.

Gooksta

2 weeks in and 4 injuries on my A ball squad that will last longer than a month, lol. That roster is severely depleted. Braves are at 4-8 after a solid 4-3 second week of the season. Maybe I should create a dynasty so i can stop posting this shit in here.
I was thinking of starting one.. lulz

Wolfman21

might do a video dynasty where I do an update after every month or some shit.

fucks sake. just simmed another week and inciarte and erick aybar both went down with month long injuries. That makes 3 starters in 3 weeks for a month+. Thanks indy devs

Wolfman21

I don't. After the first month the Braves sit at 12-13. Just swept the Red Sox and took 2/3 from the Cubs. Even without the only 3 players on the roster worth a shit, the team wins. Obviously in OOTP, the worse your team is, the better.

Bdub

I am out of town until Sunday night. Can one of you check my draft picks and make sure they accepted my offer?

Wolfman21

nice to see they upgraded the trade logic

Padres want to offer a trade!

They send 27 year old AAA Ryan Schimpf who has 45 ratings and a .210 batting average. In return they want backup catcher Tyler Flowers, Dansby Swanson and $500k.

:laughing:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Osick and I tried a WBL fantasy draft. It didn't work out in the end because the contracts were all fuckig wonky and all the CPU teams couldn't afford their players, but it was still funny to see where players were taken. @Osick87s mic was a little hot.

@ZackMills declined to pick Desi and @bruin228 picked him next. @Orlando picked his boy RAZOR

ZackMills

Have mercy
Dave in the second round?

479LV.gif

Last edited: