• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

Schauwn

So i've had this issue with the game since '16..

When I open the game it opens off to the side and I can only see about half of the window. I have to resize the window to maximized everytime.

This was just annoying in '16, but now on '17 when I maximize the window, it messes up where I have to click.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Don't know if you're on windows but have you tried going into properties and setting the window size to 'Maximized'? Don't know if it'll help as I don't have that issue but worth a shot

Schauwn

Don't know if you're on windows but have you tried going into properties and setting the window size to 'Maximum'? Don't know if it'll help as I don't have that issue but worth a shot
Yeah, on windows. I tried that just a while ago and I'm still having the same issue...

Schauwn

Not sure then, it opens in the center for me. Maybe play around with the display settings in game.
Tried that.

The only thing I can do to get it to work is to set it to open in Full Screen mode, so I'll do that for now. Thanks though.

Schauwn

Whoops, wrong thread.

@Schauwn

I get that same issue with FHM2, it opens across both monitors. I'm able to drag it over to one, though.
Yeah, that's what I normally do, but on '17 that's screwing up where I have to click. Full screen is working for now.

I just hate doing full screen

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I can't even use OOTP17 in steam because it doesn't open correctly. I can't move my mouse far enough off the screen to click into properties.

osick87

Community Liaison
So i've had this issue with the game since '16..

When I open the game it opens off to the side and I can only see about half of the window. I have to resize the window to maximized everytime.

This was just annoying in '16, but now on '17 when I maximize the window, it messes up where I have to click.

Anyone else have this issue?

I have the mess up where I can click thing when I maximize. I don't usually maximize now that I have changed the display settings to 1080.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
@Schauwn

Go to the actual OOTP.exe file.

Right click.

Choose "properties."

Choose "compatibility."

Check off "disable display scaling on high DPI settings."

FINALLY A FIX!

7HM3y.gif

Wooly

Does anyone else get an error along the lines of "can't unzip league file" when they try and download the latest sim? Any ideas on that?

Wooly

What is the timing between making the decision on team options and extending guys in their last year of contracts? At what point in the season are options decided on, and when is the latest I can extend someone before they go to FA?

I am wondering if the money that comes available in 2058 after declining a team option will then be available for offering extensions for players who's contracts end in 2057. I don't know what the timing of the these events is in the game. Thanks, and I will listen off the air.

Wooly

They basically happen the same sim, right after the World Series ends.

That sounds like the balance from dropping a TO player will not be available for offering extensions. Is that correct? It doesn't seem the right way to handle it though; I know who I will or will not be pickup up an option on when I am offering extensions, I just need the CPU to know it in my balance book.

Is there any way to drop a TO player before that date such that the money is available to offer for extensions, before the last day offers are allowed?

NML

No, but you can decline a TO and then offer the extension. There will be a couple sims to get it done, I believe (draft picks, arbs, HOF).

Wooly

No, but you can decline a TO and then offer the extension. There will be a couple sims to get it done, I believe (draft picks, arbs, HOF).

So there are a few sims to get it done, thanks. That helps me plan.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

That doesn't help you if you're planning on voiding a TO to extend a different player.

Wooly

That doesn't help you if you're planning on voiding a TO to extend a different player.
It sounded to me like he meant you can decline a TO one sim, then offer another player with the saved money on the next sim. As long as there are a few sims to do it, that is what I am worried about. If it's just one sim to do both, I am screwed.

NML

Sure it does. Once the TO is declined, that cap salary opens up. Then you can extend a different player.

Wooly

You can decline a to and offer another player with the saved money right after. Why would you need to sim days in between?

In case they want to haggle, and you need a few sims to go back and forth to make sure you don't lose them, but you still don't overpay? If there is only one offer, and they don't take your 1st offer, I assume they go right to the FA pool, right?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
In case they want to haggle, and you need a few sims to go back and forth to make sure you don't lose them, but you still don't overpay? If there is only one offer, and they don't take your 1st offer, I assume they go right to the FA pool, right?
It's rare they'll want to haggle, but you won't be able to go back and forth. You'll just have to match the second one