• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

Wolfman21

It's why osick drafted Felix "Wheelchair" Alvarado in the first round. Karma

In other news, where do I find the setting to turn off the sims ability to stop a sim to update me on news? I'm wanting to sim a week at a time like we do in the WBL but the sim stops every 2-3 days with news about something

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Manager settings, I turned off like every single notification option and that worked. Not sure which one was the key as they weren't worded that well and I was whisky drunk so reading comprehension wasn't super high.

Gooksta

It's why osick drafted Felix "Wheelchair" Alvarado in the first round. Karma

In other news, where do I find the setting to turn off the sims ability to stop a sim to update me on news? I'm wanting to sim a week at a time like we do in the WBL but the sim stops every 2-3 days with news about something
Manager settings I believe

Soonerfan09

Use SPRING20P at GMG to save 20% on OOTP 17.

Also works for anything in ur basket as long as the total is over $10.

Wooly

For development porpoises, does it matter whether you put a AAA player on your active ST 40 man roster, or leave him in AAA for the ST? I assume you are supposed to bring AAA players that you want to develop to the active roster during ST, and then put them back in AAA for the year.

Also, does it matter how many players you have in ST? Will you get a player more reps and better development if you have less players competing for time and AB/IP?

At what age/playing years do players no longer develop in ST?

Gooksta

For development porpoises, does it matter whether you put a AAA player on your active ST 40 man roster, or leave him in AAA for the ST? I assume you are supposed to bring AAA players that you want to develop to the active roster during ST, and then put them back in AAA for the year.

Also, does it matter how many players you have in ST? Will you get a player more reps and better development if you have less players competing for time and AB/IP?

At what age/playing years do players no longer develop in ST?
Think 25/26 is typically when they stop developing, I think..

Wooly

Thanks.

Do fielding ratings ever get better for players, and if so, at what age do they stop improving? It seems like the raw fielding ratings are static until the player gets older and starts losing ability. Is there no way to influence raw fielding ratings and make a youngster better at something? I know they can develop ratings at different positions, but I mean the stuff like Range, Arm, etc

Gooksta

Everything is based off scouts or osa's assessment. So nothing is really set in stone in regards to that

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Thanks.

Do fielding ratings ever get better for players, and if so, at what age do they stop improving? It seems like the raw fielding ratings are static until the player gets older and starts losing ability. Is there no way to influence raw fielding ratings and make a youngster better at something? I know they can develop ratings at different positions, but I mean the stuff like Range, Arm, etc

Check my 2050 draft analysis with 3 year update and you can see that the raw fielding ratings are mostly static, but a few players saw +5 or even +10 to the raw fielding stats over 3 years (others dropped).

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
All of the blood is gone from my head with Ms Mishas big tits bouncing off my half Jew head so that's the best I could do given the circumstances.

TonyGin&Juice

To add to the intrigue some dude on the MARTA wearing a Bryan Adams "Cuts Like a Knife" Tour '88 shirt asked me if I wanted some "Mexican Mud". If I didn't look like hammered ass pushing 60 I would have sworn I was back in 1999 instead of 2016.

Wooly

Check my 2050 draft analysis with 3 year update and you can see that the raw fielding ratings are mostly static, but a few players saw +5 or even +10 to the raw fielding stats over 3 years (others dropped).
Thanks for the information.

What are the thoughts on pitch counts? Any reason to use them, except some crappy 5th starter with 45 stamina?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I set a 100 or 105 pitch count for my SPs because I have them set as available in relief on occasion. This helps me run an 11 man pitching staff and gets my RPs innings without tiring anyone out too much (my MRs have high stamina).

Wooly

Anyone have any ideas on how to use defensive subs where the starter at one position moves to another position and keeps playing. I want to set my defensive subs so that the starter at CF moves to LF and I bring in a sub for CF. I don't see a mechanism for that in the game, even though shifting positions mid game is a common occurrence. I don't see anything specific about this at any OOTP forums either. I am guessing it can't be done.

NML

You have to place them on the depth chart last. So set ur starters and ur lineup, then put in back ups. If you do it the opposite way, it takes them out of their back up spots.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
In my experience it takes them out of their backup spot anyway as soon as you close/reload the depth charts. You can set them last and it looks like it works, but next time you enter the depth chart they will no longer be a substitute.

I mean the real check is if they are actually playing as a sub, and I find the answer to that is no.

My partial solution, without 7 day lineups, is to use handedness platoons/position swaps to achieve a similar desired result. ie I want Julio Manual to be starting LF and "backup" CF to give Felipe Flores a break because my 4th outfielder (Q Magnanti) can't play CF. I set Julio Manuel as starting LF against RHP and starting CF against LHP. Felipe Flores as starting CF against RHP and starting LF against LHP. Then I have Q Magnanti set to backup the LF spot only as "if tired" or whatever. Felipe Flores usually gets the day off as LF against LHP because he's tired from playing CF for many games.

Last edited:

Wooly

Thanks for the info. I figured it couldn't be done, which is really disappointing. It's such a simple thing, and you think it would be coded into the logic to move the starter to the defensive sub position that you set him at, when you use defensive subs.

TonyGin&Juice

Is anyone on here using OOTP17 on Ubuntu/Linux? For those you that are using 17 now have you had any luck exporting data as a SQL dump?

TonyGin&Juice

giphy.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Random but does anyone have opinions on guys needing regular playing time to be better? Is there anything out there about it?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think it could be linked to their expectation? The problem with low playing time is its a smaller sample.