• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

Lloyd Carr

I'm all for firings

play-better-gif.gif

NML

We could just open the fired GMs team to anyone who wants to take over from, perhaps, a worse situation/club and if no one wants to, keep them in charge.

I don't think it's necessary or would be liked here, since we are all pretty passionate about the teams we build and our "strategy."

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
No fucking firings fools.

All I want is for the pbp data to exportable via a self-contained SQL dump file. I do this for ALL MLB PitchF/X, HitF/X, and FieldF/X data using R and it makes betting and fantasy baseball a breeze with my big MIT brain but fuck trying to figure that shit out with the tiny datasets currently available in OOTP. I mean, look at the success of North Dakota and all of the time Travis wastes on pivot charts and Excel madness.

Wolfman21

@ZackMills

Been following the nc state baseball season and it seems we are employing your OOTP strategy. None of our starters are going more than 3-5 innings. I know our pitching unit is supposed to be deep, so that's possibly why. Will be interesting to follow through the season

Wolfman21

Is it because it is so early in the year and they are getting stretched out?

You know, right after I posted I thought about that...but the coach has never been one to really ease his arms. Hell, he was throwing Rodon complete games every game a few seasons ago no matter what. Will be interesting to watch if it continues or not though.

osick87

Community Liaison
Trying to figure out what type of OOTP 17 franchise I should do.

Thinking fictional league fantasy draft.

osick87

Community Liaison
Start off with empty rosters, 150 M and you have to fill your whole system up?

Wolfman21

Well i'm sold. My wife wouldn't go for a $40 purchase showing up in the bank account. A $36 one, however, is green lighted.

Truthfully though, I wasn't planning on getting OOTP 17, but the Braves farm system has me so geeked that I just HAVE to get it and bring them back to relevancy.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well i'm sold. My wife wouldn't go for a $40 purchase showing up in the bank account. A $36 one, however, is green lighted.

Truthfully though, I wasn't planning on getting OOTP 17, but the Braves farm system has me so geeked that I just HAVE to get it and bring them back to relevancy.
Hmmmmm

Wolfman21

Trying to figure out what type of OOTP 17 franchise I should do.

Thinking fictional league fantasy draft.

I did that in 16 once. Half the guys were on one year contracts though, so year 2 the entire league was flipped around and players were on different teams. Didn't do much for immersion.

Would be a really cool idea for an online league though if the fantasy draft wouldn't take a full year.

osick87

Community Liaison
I did that in 16 once. Half the guys were on one year contracts though, so year 2 the entire league was flipped around and players were on different teams. Didn't do much for immersion.

Would be a really cool idea for an online league though if the fantasy draft wouldn't take a full year.

That's kind of why I figured give everyone 150M and let them try and sign everyone would be a better move.

Wolfman21

jesus. I guess when I chose for all players to have pictures, it has to generate those pictures before the sim is set up. I've been sitting here for 5 minutes and am only at 6%. lawd

TonyGin&Juice

That post is rich with irony

They've gotten some good pieces during their "let's move to cracKKKer country" sell off but I don't see them ever being a legitimate threat again as long as their teevee deal sucks and Liberty Media owns them.

By the way, any of you bammas interested in meeting up Opening Week in FAtlanta? I'm talking about you southern crackers @bruin @bruin228 and TheWolfimitator (@Wolfman21). That Wednesday game against the NASTY NATS would be perfect. Come on hoez!!!!

Soonerfan09

They've gotten some good pieces during their "let's move to cracKKKer country" sell off but I don't see them ever being a legitimate threat again as long as their teevee deal sucks and Liberty Media owns them.

By the way, any of you bammas interested in meeting up Opening Week in FAtlanta? I'm talking about you southern crackers @bruin @bruin228 and TheWolfimitator (@Wolfman21). That Wednesday game against the NASTY NATS would be perfect. Come on hoez!!!!
Wat? Bruin lives in OC and I think 228 is in like AR or something...

But anyway, are we doing a '17 league? That's the only way I'm buying the game, and I don't know how far down the pecking order I am to take over a team on '16, so I need an easy in.

TonyGin&Juice

I finally build a team that meshes with the ootp 16 coding, and youll want to switch to 17?

smdh

The good news is with 17 I can use those mad math and C0MP4T3Rz skills I use to pay the bills to figure out how it works without doing multiple seasons of simulations. The bad news is I'd have to pay $36 (almost retail) and that goes against my religion.

osick87

Community Liaison
Probably because there are a few people who would probably want to play but can't because the league is full.

I'd be fine if those guys wanted to do a different type of league until somebody bows out (which usually happens when a new game is built)