• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 17

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It's so cringe whenever Hunta says "Get in!" in response to something good happening. Then again I guess that's just typical :england:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I watched a bit of a youtube series where the guy was playing on amateur scoring like 20 goals a game and EA is such fuckshit and everything is 100% scripted so he's still getting benched and loaned because he's not good enough for 1st team soccer!

Look buddy, you just don't fit our team style, what with all ur goal scoring. We prefer to win 1-0.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I played a FA cup match against the team I was loaned to and there was no recognition at all that I used to play for them

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Look buddy, you just don't fit our team style, what with all ur goal scoring. We prefer to win 1-0.

tumblr_n1nqhlPcNS1qe1rv9o1_500.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The best is when you dont score one game or you score twice and lose and the fans tweet you talking trash

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I had to pick West Brom to be realistic. I can't imagine the hamfisting logic that it'd take for me to immerse in Pep Guardiola putting a 17 year old 60 overall kid in over Nolito or whatever :laughing:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I feel like 3 years ago you would have. THen you watched bitchmaid Jovetic ride the bench and then injure hisself and it brought you back to reality.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Alright, got this shit half off at Target working my charm on the PAWG in electronics. Anyone got a quick crash course they'd recommend? I'm so dipshit American that has no idea how soccer is played.

chibob

I miss the old Fifa. Skill moves were gold Fifa.
Ball flicks and rolls Fifa. Score lots of goals Fifa.
I hate the new Fifa. They move like glue Fifa.
Just pass and move Fifa. That black and blue Fifa.
I miss the fun Fifa. Scoop turn and run Fifa.
I gotta say, at the time I liked to play Fifa.
See we expanded Fifa. There wasn't any Fifas.
When you look around at FUT there are so many Fifas.
I used to love Fifa. I used to love Fifa.
I even had the Messi shirt, I thought I was Fifa.
What if EA made a patch about Fifa.
Called "I Miss the Old Fifa." Man that'd be so Fifa.
That's all it was Fifa. We still love Fifa.
And I love skill moves like Fifa, loves Fifa.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It isn't the replays and shit that bother me as much as the quick cut scenes before free kicks/throw ins/etc where I am trying to button press to get it to skip and end up just passing the ball to the other team instead because I'm a spastic.

My LEAST FAVORITE THING is when I'm trying to change free kick taker and the other team moves their wall around to reset me until I time out. Why does them moving the wall have any bearing on me changing my kick taker? b

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
75% of the time I plug the mic in it is to tell someone to start pressing X.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Reddit FIFA is probably one of the more tolerable sub reddits I've been on and there is actually a lot of good info put there but some of the members. Also funny ass GIFs of glitches.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Physical disk is available @ Amazon for 39.99 for PS4/XBox. Price is without Prime so can be used as a price match for B&M stores.

chibob

Patch Notes:

Hey FIFA Fans,
The first title update for FIFA 17 is now available on PC. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are due at a later date. For updates on when it’s live for your platform please follow @EASPORTSFIFA on Twitter.
Within this update we have the new components for the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package which you can see below in action:
Addressed the following in gameplay:
  • A situation where cancel was unresponsive after requesting a clearance.
  • A rare situation where the penalty shootout should have ended earlier.
  • Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.
  • An issue where players sometimes overrun the ball after a skill move.
  • Increased the chance of error from ground crosses (triple tap).
  • Improvements to ball physics where shots off the goal posts lose too much speed.
  • Goalkeeper positioning for corner kicks.
  • Improvements made to player switching from corners and free kicks.
  • An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.
  • Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks.
  • General fixes for player controlled celebrations.
  • Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped.
  • Improved the general responsiveness of shooting.
  • Minor improvement to passing responsiveness when the ball is in the air.
In Pro Clubs, we:
  • Increased experience required for the higher overall ratings in Pro Clubs. *
  • Addressed an issue where a player's customised facial features did not display properly in game.
In Ultimate Team:
  • FUT Single Player difficulty no longer defaults to your CPU setting.
  • Addressed an issue where the player is forced to substitute an injured player in FUT online matches.
  • Corrected the shooting and crossing text in custom tactics
In Career mode, we:
  • Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.
Visual changes include:
  • Added new components of the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package.
  • Updated team kits, banners and flags for Velez Sarsfield and Tigre.
  • The goalkeeper now correctly celebrates after catching the final penalty in a shootout.
  • Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn't the one used in-game.
  • Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
  • Addressed an issue where the fog from a player's breath was detached from their position.
  • General overlay fixes.
*As a result of the change to Pro Clubs, some of you may find you’re a lower OVR than before the update. This is intentional and you haven’t lost any of your progress.
Thanks to those who’ve provided constructive feedback on Twitter, Facebook, and the EA Forums. Throughout the course of the FIFA 17 season we’ll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.

Thanks EA!

In Career mode, we:
  • Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.
I hope they also fixed where teams stock up on certain positions. But it doesn't sound like it.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Saw it this mroing. Those gameplay fixes sound awesome...in theory.

A situation where cancel was unresponsive after requesting a clearance. These are great:
  • An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.
  • Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks.
  • Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped.
  • Improved the general responsiveness of shooting.
  • Minor improvement to passing responsiveness when the ball is in the air.
1) Christ that shit where a guy chests it when you've pressed clear is stupid
2) Maybe CPU defenders with nobody around them won't head the ball out of play!
3) THANK YOU JEBUS
4) Ditto 3. Why every player seems to shoot like he's taking a goal kick was beyond me.
5) YES! got really sick of winning a header, queueing up a flick on, only to have my player just take possession of the ball anyway

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I wish they could figure out how to fix player switching since it is god damn awful and the cause of at least one of the goals I give up a match.

chibob

Theyd need to patch the fuck out of this game.

Put in a serious session today, and there is just so much broken shit.

Refs, offsides, tempo, defending, passing, dribbling.

I know 16 wasn't universally very popular but it felt so much more like a game of football.

From reading Reddit the concensus is that in order to win games you have to let the AI defend for you.

So hold R1 and just keep your other play from leaving your opposition onside.

Iv played 114 games record is 43-14-67 - first time iv had a negative record in years.

The game doesnt play like the demo anymore.

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
yeah when kella was out and I was the captain now, I held r1 a lot and it helped a ton defending in clubs.

chibob

I dont know how @Travis7401 can play with junk players this year.

Last year sure, you could scrape together a bargain bucket team and as long as you were a decent player youd win games. Now though you genuinely need the best possible players or they just straight up suck.

I had probably an average passing ability of below 70 in my first team and every pass seemed under-powered, figured it was just me adjusting but no unless you have an 80 plus passer all your passes dribble along unless you use r1 and if you use r1 with a low ability player then that ball is going all over the shop. These guys are professional footballers, doesnt matter how bad they may look compared to a perfect passer like Pirlo, Kolo Toure can still hit an inch perfect pass because hes a god damn professional.

The same with dribbling. Theyve gotten rid of what was a huge part of FIFA, the ability to dribble. This was a skill, something you could pick up easily enough but hone over hours and hours. You would have to make tonnes of split second decisions on whether to fake shot, knock and run, skill move, when to switch from sprint to the hold up button of use both bumpers to drag back...now the game is so unresponsive that if you try it you get bumbled over. I tried to do it with Messi and Neymar in a draft game, equally useless.

5 star skillers are irrelevant. The trick to skill moves use to be that you exited the skill move in the direction where you wanted to change to. Ie. step over feint left then burst right hoping the player bought the feint left. Now it doesnt matter, the skill moves seem to just not work at all. You no longer hold the bumper so the game seems to only ever do a simple roll over left or right but its so slow you get bumpled over straight away.

Tactics are a fucking crap shoot. Everyone is going on about custom tactics but as you go lower in the divisions you just find AI used defense with the bus parked. Players with long finesse shots seem to be the only ones worth having. Yeh maybe last year and other years it was all about speed, but have a look at the top level players theyve all got pace so why make a game where pace is so irrelevant?

And then there is the AI for refereeing - its so inconsistent im almost convinced its on purpose. Plus I think they hire someone to program the AIs offside rule whose actually never seen or played a game of football. Its not offside just because hes in an offside position, he has to actually be interfering with play.

Also anyone notice how shit free kicks are when youre in your own half, or how fucking annoying it is when your player does his animated complaint to the ref when your opposition does a quick free kick? At least let me snap him out of it for fucks sake, you end up with like 5-6 quick free kicks a game.