• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 17

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
YESSSSS

6300033.png

http://www.futhead.com/17/items/kits/33/

EA Threwn the Gauntlet :laughing:

I hope they make a feminism uniform with the cast of female Ghostbusters on the shirt. I'd pay so many ultimate team coins for that.

chibob

Success so far for me has come from working the ball through midfield and then hitting a through ball to the flanks, either cut in and finesse or hit a cross in.

A lot of people are playing 3 at the back or still don't understand defensive discipline so Ntep and Biabianby are having a field day.

Side note I hate the whole concept of loan cards.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I've been playing offline to get used to the game and finally went online, I've actually had two pretty enjoyable games online so far. First I scored a 86th minute goal to win 1-0 in the first and a late goal in the 2nd to tie it up 1-1 for the draw. Basically I'm just happy I didn't get run off of the field.

chibob

Auto correct - my bad.

It's not like I'm putting a RB at QB and then spamming the option.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Seasons really is trash again. Sprint one way, sprint the other, repeat

chibob

I haven't got defending down yet this year. I can never seem to win the ball back in the midfield, or wings, only ever on the mouth of my own box.

Anyone having similar issues?

chibob

Almost every clearance I do, my defenders want to chest the ball down first

Yeh had that issue too.

Also do you find that passes are weaker this year?

Normal short passes and grounded through balls seem to be so much slower. I dont want to R1 pass everything but it might be the only way.

Grounded through balls seem to lack all urgency.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Almost every clearance I do, my defenders want to chest the ball down first

Yup, and clearances still aren't realistic at all. The furthest you can get a headed clearance on a cross is the edge of your own box.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I haven't got defending down yet this year. I can never seem to win the ball back in the midfield, or wings, only ever on the mouth of my own box.

Anyone having similar issues?

About the only takeaways that happen prior to the final 3rd are if the other team just misplaces a pass.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
And thank God chibob, asshole high press defense isn't as effective. Pubers can no longer just sprint into people to win the ball back! Shielding improvements are responsible for a lot of this.

Also I disagree about passing being weaker, I think passes are generally more accurate this year, especially short passes. And that also helps people hold possession.

Threaded through balls have replaced old ground through balls in the urgency category and normal through balls moving at shower pace than last year just provides you with options, imo.

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Travis has some kind of endorsement deal with the L2 button it seems. Mentions it in every post. Must be weird in OOTP threads.

Passes are definitely slower in the online tuning, because they want to encourage you to use the rocket R1 pass.

It is still pretty easy to just pass around that high press.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Defenders chesting the ball down is my #1 complaint, even when I'm hammering the clearance button after a corner, they chest it down then size the situation up before clearing.

Fwiw I think some of my problem is a side effect of using LT button to body people. LT is tied to both pushing and trapping commands so the game thinks I'm telling the defender to trap the ball when I was really just trying to jockey for position in the box.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Nah, because CPU defenders in Clerbs do it too. It's just an animation that triggers. It's like the OBJ animation. Someone said hey this is cool, so now it happens 50 times a game.

DanishDonut0

Is this game really fast paced? I played on PS4 the other day with some friends and the game was much quicker than the demo. The balls seemed to have a lot more speed and it was back and forth all day. Is this how the game usually plays? Maybe they had it on some nerfed, fast paced setting? Wasn't as enjoyable as expected.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's been very high tempo for 2 years in a row now. "Ping pongy" is usually the best way to describe it since last year.

chibob

Game feels slower to be that last year...

That being said, I got destroyed by Musa last night.

Lost 5-3 in the Daily FUT challenge knock out. It was a semi final game too.

Cut me apart every time, straight down the middle. Went 3-0 down early on. Musa had four in total. I started to gain momentum at the end when his players tired but by this point any time he had the ball he played it around the back and into the corners - there was 15 minutes of time to play and he played keepball at 5-3

NML

I can slow the game down on FUT if I want to, but inevitably the puber high press steals one when I'm knocking it around. Debating going to a deep line and countering down the wings with lots of crossing.

Headers seem to be OP this year. I score a lot on corners.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah if you slow the game down online you risk getting mugged in your own half. They could easily fix this by making stamina a real thing, but refuse.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't know if you guys have tried it but kella told me to use L2 last night and it really helped "box" defenders out when you're on the ball.

NML

They also don't card slide tackles correctly. Anything close to the ball is no card, everything else is only yellow.

Last night, I was shielding with my center forward, laid it off to the cm, THEN the CB slides in from behind me. Yellow

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Last night, I was shielding with my center forward, laid it off to the cm, THEN the CB slides in from behind me. Yellow

I noticed that as well.

Any tips or tutorials for when attacking and getting the ball in the box or near the top. I feel that is where I suck the most right now. I can do a pretty good job of getting the ball up the pitch but once there I have no clue what to do to get around defenders or get a clean shot off.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I do a lot of 1 2 passes and back and forths. Usually score on a run from an attacker who beats his man after doing that. Gotta be quick with it though, mostly first touch passes and shots

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Can't be, kella just told me about it last night. We're probably talking about something different, L2 let's your player box out the defender from taking the ball allowing you to hold up play. Slow buildup is super fun now with boxing out actually working with normal players.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think travis just doesn't understand what I'm tom bout, I looked through his posts and couldn't find any mention of L2

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
L2 while in possession activates ball shielding. It's the same thing he's been prattling on about in every FIFA post for a while.