• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 15

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
They definitely changed the way passes work in the box. Last year it seemed like if you tried to pass back to someone who was on the spot it just always went to the keeper, so people were always crossing from there instead. Now the normal ground passes work pretty much like they should and the crosses are hit or miss, so I agree that people seem to have figured out which is more optimal this season.

As far as combating it, I've definitely manually shielded with a defender to try to prevent that cutback pass (and just generally played less aggressive in the box when calling second defenders). The nice thing is if you play that technique, you're generally in pretty good position to stop either a cut back shot attempt or a cut back pass. Obviously by playing the cutback you are giving up the cross from the end line, which was suicide last year but is less effective this season.

When I'm playing against people who have their finger glued to the "call second defender" button, it leaves the striker really open in that situation.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Demba Ba is my second favorite target man striker. Thanks to Kella for reminding me to use him now that he's joined the Turkey league. I didn't set the team up well in the first game and lost, but then in the second game I used the 4-3-3 with 2 CDMs and just played hoofed balls up to Demba to hold up play. Just backed defenders down with that LT and passed to the now wide open wingers cutting in when opponent calls second man.

Demba got the assist on the first goal which was really pretty hold up play to draw both CBs and then passed to a winger cutting in to the box, then he intercepted a pass and stiff armed a defender to the ground to score the first goal. The 3rd and 4th goal were just ridiculous trog poacher goals that only a player like Ba, Fred, or Lee Dong Gook could score (my opponent must have been so mad). So there I up up 5-0 at halftime against an opponent who really wasn't as bad as you'd think :laughing:

Took this screenshot because I figured I had a rage quit incoming. Ba picked up two more assists after half by holding the ball up and then hitting a winger cutting in behind, and we got the rage quit.

14921630924_461ec2764f_b.jpg

Besiktas has LW and RW both with 85+ speed, a very solid midfield and a very solid defense. 4 star team.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Frei is a fucking twink though. I prefer Sahan (slower, but better on the ball and stronger) in the first 65 minutes or so.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Frei is a fucking twink though. I prefer Sahan (slower, but better on the ball and stronger) in the first 65 minutes or so.

I'll have to give him a try. Frei had 2 goals for me against over aggressive defense after half, but I can see him being an even better speed sub. I was using Sahan as a second CAM in the first game and liked him too. Besiktas have like 7 good midfielders, lol.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Pekmetektmemekt is a good sub for Ozyakurp when you run him to death half way through the 2nd.

Hutchinson and Kavlak are also complete monsters at CDM. Both can run forever and have decent shots too. Neither is over 80 speed but their defensive work rate and strength make them seem like a Sissoko

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Hutchinson was bossing Emenike around, so he must be good :laughing:

Defensive + 2 CDMs with tactics set to "stay back on attack" and pubers try the through ball garbage only to find a wall of defenders.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I had a guy kill me with liverpool last night. Forgot to get the footage, but he was spraying these like head or chest height sort of lofted through balls through to Balotelli and it was murdering me. I've honestly never seen that before. It's not the driven long ball, because that doesn't really get above knee or waist high. I couldn't figure out what he was doing.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Also, take slow ass Uysal out from RB and use their other LB there. He's not as fast as Motta but he's pretty physical and has a cannon.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah I use both LBs instead of terribad RB. Also, that video is why I don't even send in corners anymore. I just call for the short corner and pass out to those dudes so I can get a hit and hope. I probably don't score as many goals as I could from the corners themselves, but just getting shot opportunities like that makes me happy. There is this one Traore CM in ligue1 who has a cannon too and can hit them.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I'm really growing to dislike this game every day. It's really just not fun to actually try to play soccer against same put 9 guys back and spam the thru ball button shit everyone plays.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This year the new trick is the close quarters lofted through ball. A striker can be marked by 2 guys but if you do this and he's got any sort of auto switching on, it will kill him.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This year the new trick is the close quarters lofted through ball. A striker can be marked by 2 guys but if you do this and he's got any sort of auto switching on, it will kill him.

Oh man it is hilarious because I play without auto switching and people bang their heads against that brick wall all game.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I don't understand the setting for aerial balls. There is "high" and "low" with no explanation as to which one causes more of a delay with the auto switch. I can't play with it fully off, but maybe I need to learn

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I remember using square+either r1 or L1 to set up a turkey goal once, and have been searching for a successful one since. It seems to be a homing missile to opposing defenders.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
R1 + square is like a really hard driven ball that works awesome in some instances, (moreso last year when ground passes were so slow) but you are right about it being a homing missile for defenders. If there is any defender withing 10 yards it will go toward them. :(

Still, it catches people off guard if you are playing through a Target man. A lot of times against high press guys if I have the ball on the wing I'll drop the ball back to the FB and then hammer the R1+square up to my targetman since the high press has cleared that midfield lane out.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ultimate Trog has killed seasons

DanishDonut0

Didn't someone have a huge crush on diaby in past fifas? Hadn't played in a week or two and randomly started playing with arsenal. Stuck diaby in the line up and lawwwwwwd. Bullies everyone off the ball and his ball control is absurd. In 3 games I've scored 6 goals with him. Two were 25 yard plus, would love to share them but... Ya know, poors

DanishDonut0

Thought so, you gotta try him out. 1 of those games got out of hand in my favor so I subbed Sanogo in at striker and put Diaby behind him at CF. I like to think my opponent got a good laugh out of that.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think my favorite troll move when up by a few goals is to a fake-shot stop in the box and then start spamming stepovers while your guy is standing still. Your opponent is like 100% likely to smear you in frustration. :laughing:

sois

Notice! I have a PS4 now! Tell me how to do thinks like clerbs! I love FIFA and I am happy I can maybe join the gang, I pay my dues on time.

Screen name is twointum (sois was taken :( by some d-bag probably)

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Moronic goalkeepers aside, I really like this edition of FIFA. Granted, I've now played a grand total of 12 online seasons games, so perhaps there are annoying quirks that haven't really gotten to me yet. But I like the flow; it feels more like real life soccer to me. Spamming crosses to mong strikers for headers is less effective. But cutbacks and grounded crosses can be killer. And I can attack either with a slow patient build up, or the total route 1 approach, trying to hit that killer long ball up to the front line. There are a few too many shots off the cross bar for my liking, but that's not the end of the world.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The only thing I really hate is the kickoff stand around bullshit. I love how they did that to eliminate the "kickoff glitch" that worked maybe 1/100 times. They "fixed" it by making the defenders stay in place and not get sucked in, but now you can just run straight through from kickoff like an asshole and instantly you are running at full speed at defenders who stand there frozen unless user controlled. You can generally stop it with some manual defending, but If someone is doing this shit with Doumbia or some fast asshole it is tough to defend even if you are good at manual defending.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
That I agree with. I played against Juventus last night, and Mr. Peepers would rip right through my defense on every kickoff. It took a few miraculous saves to keep him from scoring on those.

HuskerHomie

That I agree with. I played against Juventus last night, and Mr. Peepers would rip right through my defense on every kickoff. It took a few miraculous saves to keep him from scoring on those.
You might try calling for a double team in that situation. It's worked really well since for me trying to stop those kinds guys.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Got this game the other day. Finally got a PS4 :laughing: But anyways, I'm enjoying it. My only issue right now is that it feels like the players are standing in molasses too often. They seem hard to control - there's a lag between your input and their action. Which I understand most of the times, but sometimes it feels like it takes 3 touches for my input to work. I'm starting to get the hang of it though.

fiz

iswaycool
i posted in the wrong thread but i'll be playing this next week.

i request games with pavel and that's it just pavel

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Deadman, nobody really wants to play pro clubs unless one of the good players gets on. If @NML or @kella appear, then others might actually play too. I don't even register when the trogs claim they are going to play, because without a leader they never will.