• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Fantasy Football - Nobody cares about your fantasy football team so shut up about it

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
10/12 draft position. League has weird scoring - points per completion/attempt, bonuses for certain yards, and it includes return yards. Two flex spots as well.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Andre Ellington, Ryan Mathews, Ben Tate, Fred Jackson, Danny Woodhead
WR: Dez Bryant, Cordarrelle Patterson, Michael Floyd, Sammy Watkins, Tavon Austin, Riley Cooper
TE: Julius Thomas, Coby Fleener
PK: Alex Henery
TD: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Pretty pleased overall. I got Brady in the 8th or 9th round, and I think he'll have a better year this year. Fleener is insurance because Thomas is pretty fragile.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
By the way, I don't really care either way about playing in the utopia league again this year. If someone wants my spot fine. If you need me to make it a full league, then I'll play.

Soonerfan09

Had my draft today. Playing with a few guys I played with last year on deployment and some of their friends and family.

QBs - Tom Brady; Sam Bradford (drafted him with my last pick, two hours later I find out he's done for the year. Dropped him and claimed Tannehill)
RBs - Jamaal Charles; Chris Johnson; Bishop Sankey; Darren McFadden
TEs - Antonio Gates; Charles Clay
WRs - AJ Green; Larry Fitzgerald; Kendall Wright; Julian Edelman; Rueben Randle
D/ST - Panthers; Raiders (sleeper)
K - Gostkowski

I didn't realize it at the time, but I took a lot of chances at RB, which is the only position I don't feel very strongly about (barring injuries to other positions) and wish I would have taken at least one other sure thing, as in I know what I'm going to get. I think I was too worried about spreading out my bye weeks.
I won it all last year, and feel like I have a good chance to compete for it again this season.

fiz

iswaycool
i need 1 more person for a $10 ESPN league. 6 teams. PPR with a few defensive players, a punter, head coach, etc. kind of weird, but will be fun. anyone?

worst2first

I'm picking 1st in a 10 player snake draft with standard scoring rules. Jamaal Charles seems like my best option with pick 1. Thoughts?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Our league is not continuing this year. Am sad. No openings in any league I know of.

Heisman06

I'm picking 1st in a 10 player snake draft with standard scoring rules. Jamaal Charles seems like my best option with pick 1. Thoughts?

My league is .5 PPR so I have McCoy/Charles above AD. Tempted to put Forte as my #3 because Peterson is pretty non-existent when it comes to catches. I will say this, when people are generally down on AD, he tends to exceed all expectations.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
3rd year commish of FAAB waivers league. This year we're discussing how to do FA's fairly leading up to game day. Problem with just turning FA's on, is not everyone will have access @ the same time. I tried to make free agency open last night & someone complained they couldn't log on. Meanwhile someone else managed to pick up Aldon Smith. Now errybody cryin

Last edited:

Heisman06

Had my first draft tonight. I picked 9th out of 12. Marshawn fell to me at 9th which is where I had him ranked and was hoping Dez or AJ fell to my 2nd round pick but the guy who had the 12th pick took them both with his consecutive picks.

QB: Nick Foles, Colin Kaepernick
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Montee Ball, Toby Gerhart, Steven Jackson, Jeremy Hill, Christine Michael
WR: Julio Jones, Keenan Allen, Marques Colston, Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt
TE: Jordan Reed
D: Buccaneers
K: Nick Folk

Love my team, to be honest. Montee in the 3rd and Keenan in the 4th are steals. I like Toby as a three-down RB. Won't wow but will be solid. Steven Jackson is a ? but he's still a starting RB in the league. Did well at the end of last season. Not a bad 4th RB. I think Colston has a nice comeback season.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

fonzilla

Buccaneers are the defense I am rolling with this year too. Lovie can't coach shit for offense but that defense will be humming with McCoy being the straw that stirs that drank.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Had my first draft tonight. I picked 9th out of 12. Marshawn fell to me at 9th which is where I had him ranked and was hoping Dez or AJ fell to my 2nd round pick but the guy who had the 12th pick took them both with his consecutive picks.

QB: Nick Foles, Colin Kaepernick
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Montee Ball, Toby Gerhart, Steven Jackson, Jeremy Hill, Christine Michael
WR: Julio Jones, Keenan Allen, Marques Colston, Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt
TE: Jordan Reed
D: Buccaneers
K: Nick Folk

Love my team, to be honest. Montee in the 3rd and Keenan in the 4th are steals. I like Toby as a three-down RB. Won't wow but will be solid. Steven Jackson is a ? but he's still a starting RB in the league. Did well at the end of last season. Not a bad 4th RB. I think Colston has a nice comeback season.

Thoughts?

Very, very nice draft. Killer value on Montee and Gerhart. Love them both this year.

Britt would be the first one to go if you need another TE (concussions).

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
So, I've actually joined a league that uses a snake draft. First snake draft I've done in years. 10-team, PPR. Standard ESPN scoring. Here's the squad:

QB: Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Eddie Lacy, Montee Ball, Leveon Bell, Rashad Jennings, Terrance West, Danny Woodhead
WR: Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb, Golden Tate, Justin Hunter, Eric Decker
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: St Louis Rams

Whaddya think?

-YTC

MSUFanatic

So, I've actually joined a league that uses a snake draft. First snake draft I've done in years. 10-team, PPR. Standard ESPN scoring. Here's the squad:

QB: Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Eddie Lacy, Montee Ball, Leveon Bell, Rashad Jennings, Terrance West, Danny Woodhead
WR: Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb, Golden Tate, Justin Hunter, Eric Decker
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: St Louis Rams

Whaddya think?

-YTC

Good God that team is stacked.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
No kidding.

Bunch of morans in this league (@Texacotea). There were keepers, and they would take your first round pick. 6 of the teams had a keeper, and I got Lacy and Ball with my first 2 picks.

-YTC

Heisman06

Very, very nice draft. Killer value on Montee and Gerhart. Love them both this year.

Britt would be the first one to go if you need another TE (concussions).

-YTC

Ball in the 3rd and Keenan in the 4th are steals. Keenan was my target in 3rd but Ball fell and I had to take him. Then I still got my guy in the 4th. And Britt is just one of those late round flyers. Seems to have his head in the right place but you just never know.

fsuprime

just murdered a 10man ppr league

2 rb 2 wr 1 flex 1 qb etc..

big bem
ellington
ball
calvin johnson
brandon marshall
orange julius
emmanuel in space sanders
bengals D
phil dawson

bench
Rashad Jennings
Marcus Colston
Devontae freeman
dwayne bowe
markus wheaton
tannehill
carlos hyde

Heisman06

I have never done an auction, so I'm probably out.

Last year was my 1st time. There was an adjustment period but it wasn't much different. Had to do some research. I just waited on everyone to blow their wad on the top 10-15 guys and loaded up on players once everyone was poor.

Ended up with Forte, Gore, Antonio Brown, etc at tremendous values. Bought Julius Thomas for $1 and he was my only TE. Maybe I got lucky on that one but I was impressed when I saw him play plus Peyton helps.