• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Fantasy Football - Nobody cares about your fantasy football team so shut up about it

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I picked 5th in a 12-team .5 PPR, 40 pass yds/pt league.

QB Matt Ryan
RB Giovani Bernard
RB CJ Spiller
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Wes Welker
WR/RB Rashad Jennings
TE Jordan Reed
D KC Chiefs
K Adam Vinatieri
BN Michael Floyd
BN Lamar Miller
BN Charles Clay
BN Rueben Randle
BN Knile Davis
BN Philip Rivers
BN Dexter McCluster

fonzilla

QB Matt Ryan
RB Giovani Bernard
RB CJ Spiller
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Wes Welker
WR/RB Rashad Jennings
TE Jordan Reed
D KC Chiefs
K Adam Vinatieri
BN Michael Floyd
BN Lamar Miller
BN Charles Clay
BN Rueben Randle
BN Knile Davis
BN Philip Rivers
BN Dexter McCluster
I like the Charles Clay pick.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

QB Matt Ryan
RB Giovani Bernard
RB CJ Spiller
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Wes Welker
WR/RB Rashad Jennings
TE Jordan Reed
D KC Chiefs
K Adam Vinatieri
BN Michael Floyd
BN Lamar Miller
BN Charles Clay
BN Rueben Randle
BN Knile Davis
BN Philip Rivers
BN Dexter McCluster

By the end of September, you will be starting Jennings as an RB and putting Floyd in your WR/RB.

Spiller's turrible.

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Who were the last 3 running backs drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft?

Richardson
Spiller
McFadden

-YTC

Schauwn

Is points per attempt common in leagues? I dont think I've ever played in one like that. However, I dont think it will change the top QB's all that much, most of the guys who get a ton of points, get those points because they're in a passing offense. Peyton, Brees, etc.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Keeper/auction league. 12 team, 0.6 PPR, 1 point per 10 rushing yards, 20 receiving yards, or 50 passing yards. Passing TD's are 3 points, and all other TD's are 6.

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Lesean McCoy
RB: Zac Stacy
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Michael Floyd
TE: Julius Thomas
Flex: Tobey Gebbhart
K: Stephen Gostkowski
D: Seattle Seahawks

Bench: Geno Smith, Cordarelle Patterson, Joique Bell, Kendall Wright, Jonathan Stewart, Christine Michael, Josh Gordon

Here's my question: I got Josh Gordon absurdly cheap ($3). I could probably trade him early in the season for Demaryius Thomas, since that owner drafted like crap, and will probably be looking for some keeper pieces for next season. Should I go all out and upgrade my WR2 to D Thomas or keep Gordon, and be satisfied with a Floyd/Patterson/Wright/Gordon (if not suspended) as my WR2 while keeping Gordon to be a tremendous steal next season?

tldr: Is upgrading to Demaryius Thomas worth a stud keeper in Josh Gordon?

-YTC

Lightningwar

Administrator
Have our draft tonight. But no time to really research anything. Plan is to do what I did last year. Pick a RB in the first round, 2 WRs in the 2nd and 3rd. And hope for a decent QB in the 4th. Get a decent base then work on filling in the flex, TE. I am honestly debating on grabbing Graham early since he was like a WR last year.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Any chance someone might want to give some feedback on the actual question that I posited?

-YTC

fonzilla

Green light on that Demarius move. Fuck the Browns, isn't Kyle Shanahan their Offensive Cordinator? Go all in for Peyton's favorite receiver.
Any chance someone might want to give some feedback on the actual question that I posited?

-YTC

worst2first

My draft isn't until the 30th so I haven't started serious research but my first instinct would be to grab Thomas.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
My draft isn't until the 30th so I haven't started serious research but my first instinct would be to grab Thomas.

Appreciate the feedback, guys. Are you'll taking the keeper aspect into consideration at all?

Basically, I'd be acquiring Thomas, but giving up the opportunity to own Josh Gordon at a considerably reduced rate for the next 3 years.

-YTC

Heisman06

DeMaryius is the #2 WR behind Megatron. If you can get him for Josh Gordon, yes absolutely do it. Even if Gordon is only suspended 4-8 games. The question: why the hell would the other owner do it?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
What are the odds that Gordon will have drank or smoked his way out of the league in those three years?

A fair question. And probably high odds. :laughing:

DeMaryius is the #2 WR behind Megatron. If you can get him for Josh Gordon, yes absolutely do it. Even if Gordon is only suspended 4-8 games. The question: why the hell would the other owner do it?

Again, he drafted so terribly (keeper league), that he doesn't really have a shot this year, and didn't draft any real keepers. Josh Gordon at $3 is incredibly valuable in our league.

-YTC

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I think its worth it. Gordon is a pretty big risk with the suspension and the new head coach playing him into the 4th quarter of pre-season games.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Do you have a good shot at winning the league this year? Would Thomas put your team over the top?

To me, it's absolutely worth it if the answer to either of these is yes. If you're among the best teams, then keep Gordon. There's no point in giving up Gordon if your team is not a contender.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Do you have a good shot at winning the league this year? Would Thomas put your team over the top?

To me, it's absolutely worth it if the answer to either of these is yes. If you're among the best teams, then keep Gordon. There's no point in giving up Gordon if your team is not a contender.

[HUMBLEBRAG ALERT] I have pretty clearly the best roster coming out of the draft. According to CBS Sports' projections, my team is projected to score 40 points more than any other team over the course of the season. I just know how this league goes, and once we get halfway through the season, then it will become Tankapalooza 2014 with the bottom feeders looking for keepers for next year while unloading their studs.

I'm just thinking about getting a jump on the competition and securing a top 3 WR while mortgaging a bit of my future.

-YTC

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
ben-stiller-do-it-o.gif

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
[HUMBLEBRAG ALERT] I have pretty clearly the best roster coming out of the draft. According to CBS Sports' projections, my team is projected to score 40 points more than any other team over the course of the season. I just know how this league goes, and once we get halfway through the season, then it will become Tankapalooza 2014 with the bottom feeders looking for keepers for next year while unloading their studs.

I'm just thinking about getting a jump on the competition and securing a top 3 WR while mortgaging a bit of my future.

-YTC
Its a worthwhile gamble for someone who is only on what.. Failed pot test #3? Just think, after you make the deal you really just bought D. Thomas for 3 bucks for a season. You'll never get that value ever again.

MSUFanatic

What kind of idiot would trade Josh Gordon for DT right now?

You never know what is going to be going on a year from now. Just do it.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
8 team league. Had 2 others but folded. Friends n fam. 5 vets, 3 noobs. Snake, nfl std with kr/pr yards. I was 8th. Stoked and think nailed the draft.

Starters: lynch, brees, Martin, Crabtree, harvin, j. Thomas, Stacy, Walsh and chiefs d. Bench: Kaep, f. Jackson, Moreno, nicks, white and Olsen. Going to run roughshod on this league.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Honestly, if I see that trade my first thought is "collusion."

Gotta think keeper league.

Either way, the guy rejected the deal, but I wouldn't be surprised to make a deal next month with a little more that I have to send his way along with Gordon.

-YTC

Heisman06

Any other thoughts on Utopia FF league? Bout time to start scheduling the draft.

We had a 14-team keeper/auction league.

So far...

Wants to continue: Heisman06, Packfan, MSUfanatic, Whitey, tab10.

Out: osick

Wants in: Lloyd Carr, Bruin228, fiz.

???:
Dead Mongs (@DeadMan I presume)
@fried rice
@GR8 2 B FL G8R
@Texacotea
@Chase

I'm not sure who else was in it. I just did the best I could to patch together using fantasy team names.

Chase

I'm down for joining again but I don't think a 14 team league with people from here is viable, IIRC quite a few teams were dead (sup GR8) and screwed other teams from making the playoffs down the stretch.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
ESPN Club at Walt Disney World is hosting a Fantasy Football Weekend today and tomorrow with Matthew Berry and other talking heads. Cost $350/pp

Bama

I can't believe it, but there are still people who pay money to play fantasy football and don't have the slightest clue what they are doing.

Did my first draft tonight. 4th/10, .5 PPR. I had no idea the skill level of most of the people involved; a buddy from high school said they were looking for one more. Thank God the buy-in was low or I would feel extremely guilty. For reference: Peyton Manning went 1st overall, LOL.

Attachments

• FantasyTeam.jpg
    FantasyTeam.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 24