• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College Football Offseason Thread Presented by Joe Mixon's Punch-Out!!

Lightningwar

Administrator
Also, telling a football player that they can't handle adversity? Yeah, that's going to go over well. The rest of it is just inter-generational bullshit.

The funny part is him going off about not handling adversity well by not handling adversity well. The guy melted down because one of his 17 year old recruits opened up recruiting. Way to handle adversity there Aaron Moorehead lol

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That corch is an idiot, but I can't imagine how horrible it is to try to recruit 15-18 year old kids and twitter with them these days. Fuck that jerb.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
WE ARE...

PedoState.gif

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
This is what prompted @RedmondLonghorn to return? LMFAO.

Honestly, for @Skeeter to lack in reading comprehension is unsurprising at all. I think I'm most disappainted in @Southpaw and @DeadMan who should both be much, much smarter than this with their law backgrounds. Did you two even read the article? I mean, I'm not mad at you. I've been sucked in by headlines before as well without reading the article's content.

-YTC

Honestly, for @Skeeter to lack in reading comprehension is unsurprising at all. I think I'm most disappainted in @Southpaw and @DeadMan who should both be much, much smarter than this with their law backgrounds. Did you two even read the article? I mean, I'm not mad at you. I've been sucked in by headlines before as well without reading the article's content.

-YTC

I've been around. I just haven't been posting.

And unless the judge has something against PSU, or there was a conspiracy that involved a time-machine somehow, this is some pretty damning shit.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I've been around. I just haven't been posting.

And unless the judge has something against PSU, or there was a conspiracy that involved a time-machine somehow, this is some pretty damning shit.

What are you talking about? The judge's statements are clearly in favor of PSU. Do you even read, bro?

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

-YTC

That's why I said "if this is true." Of course, it doesn't change the fact that JoePa did not do what he should have multiple times with Sandusky. If it's true, it just changes the timeline of when he knew from the 90/00s to the 70s. Which isn't really much of a difference when you're talking about child rape.

What are you talking about? The judge's statements are clearly in favor of PSU. Do you even read, bro?

-YTC

The judge also clearly read a sealed file that had some not so good news in it in terms if the divinity (or more accurately, the decided lack thereof) of Saint Paterno.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
That's why I said "if this is true." Of course, it doesn't change the fact that JoePa did not do what he should have multiple times with Sandusky. If it's true, it just changes the timeline of when he knew from the 90/00s to the 70s. Which isn't really much of a difference when you're talking about child rape.

Of course "if it's true" applies. I still can't figure out why you two would read this and believe the headline, other than your schadenboner for anything PSU/rape related.

I mean, it's an insurance company alleging this. Come on. What lengths will an insurance company not go through in order to keep from paying a claim? Especially when that claim cannot be countered.

Basically, if you thought that Joe Paterno was pro-rape then this "breaking news" only strengthens your convictions. If you are a JoeBot truther, then this is a flat out lie and how dare you besmirch the good name of JoePa. If you are somewhere in between, (like I am) then this "news" is taken with an enormous grain assault.

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
The judge also clearly read a sealed file that had some not so good news in it in terms if the divinity (or more accurately, the decided lack thereof) of Saint Paterno.

So, I'm guess you hadn't read the article when you expertly stated this gem: "And unless the judge has something against PSU, or there was a conspiracy that involved a time-machine somehow, this is some pretty damning shit"?

-YTC

So, I'm guess you hadn't read the article when you expertly stated this gem: "And unless the judge has something against PSU, or there was a conspiracy that involved a time-machine somehow, this is some pretty damning shit"?

-YTC

Damning towards Paterno.

For somebody who doesn't care, you sure do care a lot.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Damning towards Paterno.

For somebody who doesn't care, you sure do care a lot.

What I don't care about is Paterno's legacy. What I do care about is people who read headlines of a story, clearly don't read the story and then post some tripe like "And unless the judge has something against PSU..."

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Judges don't typically just make shit up out of thin air when they write out court orders. They are based on evidence that has been presented to them. Even if this judge just decided to lie in a court order, for some unknown fucking reason, then Paterno only enabled child rape for 15 years. My bad, he is a good guy.

Last edited:

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Why would it not be true? Where there's smoke there's fire. This fits exactly in line with JoePa and basically everyone else in the Penn State organization willfully ignoring obvious signs time and time again, which we know to be true.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Judges don't typically just make shit up out of thin air when they write out court orders. They are based on evidence that has been presented to them. Even if this judge just decided to lie in a court order, for some unknown fucking reason, then Paterno only enabled child rape for 15 years. My bad, he is a good guy.

Now ur just being purposely obtuse. The judge didn't say that the allegation is true, merely that the allegation occurred. And the only source of the allegation is one of the insurance companies who is a litigant in the case. Through the countless hours/dollars/investigators who have looked into this case, this "bombshell" has not been discovered by anyone but one insurance company. Not Louis Freeh and thousands of subpoenas, emails, pages of results, testimonies...nope...it's Jimmy CrackCorn Insurance and their ace investigative squad that found this allegation. Oh, and how convenient...it doesn't come up until it most benefits them, and there's no way to be able to present any defense for it. Such amaze, much wow.

If you believe that Joe Paterno knew that Jerry Sandusky was raping children as long as 40 years ago, and chose to not only do nothing about it, but actively covered it up...okay. If you believe that Joe Paterno was donating millions of his own dollars towards the well-being of children, all while knowingly covering up for a monster who was raping children...alright. If you believe that Joe Paterno knew nothing of these atrocities, did the right thing once he heard about it from McQueary, and is still a wonderful, saint-like figure...um, go ahead. If you believe that Joe Paterno was such a leacherous monster, that he knew of Sandusky's crimes, and did nothing about it for the sake of winning football games; all while celebrating "Success with Honor" and not taking the typical "shortcuts" to winning football games...shine on.

I think all 4 of those stances are stupid and make absolutely no sense. I can be nuanced enough to say that I don't want Joe Paterno celebrated, because he himself declared that he wished he had done more, while not calling him a rape enabler because the rest of his life/actions/speech is completely contradictory to that.

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Obviously there are subtle nuances and people can make excuses about how he was old and people covered shit up like this back in the day. And there will always be more to the story that we will never know, mostly because PSU has covered it up, but The Freeh Report states that Paterno and the higher ups knew as early as 1998. It's not like it takes a huge fucking stretch of the imagination to believe that someone would ignore child molestation for 15 years, but 38 years would be too much for them to bear. 1998 yes, ok he ignored it/covered it up, but 1976, no fucking way! He would report it immediately and stop that monster.

This story did nothing to change my mind about Paterno.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I think all 4 of those stances are stupid and make absolutely no sense. I can be nuanced enough to say that I don't want Joe Paterno celebrated, because he himself declared that he wished he had done more, while not calling him a rape enabler because the rest of his life/actions/speech is completely contradictory to that.

So that makes up for it? Gotcha.

Lightningwar

Administrator
cognitive dissonance, how does it work? he prolly donated the millions to make up for the diddlin'.

People do strange things due to guilt. Look at that idiot coach from A&M that spouted off about kids not knowing how to deal with adversity while displaying how to handle adversity poorly. Or all the green activists who push for curtailing carbon footprints while flying private jets everywhere and owning huge homes with electricty\heating bills that cost what 100 middle class homes would cost.

If Paterno he did know, it wouldnt preclude him to donate to something that is supposed to help kids. Like the anti-gay guy who is gay. It may help explain it.

Personally? I think Paterno didnt know. Why? Because he kept Sandusky on staff. After the 1998 incident Sandusky was gone. Even if Sandusky still had full access to the showers for child rape for the next 12ish years.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Something told me to check this thread. Was not disappointed

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Burn the fucking institution to the ground: http://news.psu.edu/story/409338/20...-letter-university-community-regarding-recent

Unfortunately, we can’t control the 24/7 news cycle, and the tendency of some individuals in social media and the blogosphere to rush to judgment. But I have had enough of the continued trial of the institution in various media. We have all had enough. And while Penn State cannot always comment on allegations that emanate from legal proceedings, I thought it was important to let you know my reaction to the media frenzy that has ensued over the past few days. I am appalled.

That's right, child molestation is bad, but the media frenzy is appalling. Fuck off and die.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I just remember how that cocksucker portrayed hisself and his program as pillars of integrity while simultaneously bashing corches like Johnny Majors and Barry Switzer for coloring outside the lines with recruiting and the types of athletes they had on the team. What a gaping asshole. Rot in hell.