• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College Football Offseason Thread Presented by Joe Mixon's Punch-Out!!

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
The college football season finale was one for the ages. Urban Meyer silenced the critics who said Ohio State did not belong, Jameis Winston outdid himself yet again, and a little Moke from the sunny island of Oahu won college football's greatest individual honor. For some there was glory; most only despair. For all the brilliance we experienced, the end of the 2014 football season ended no different then the last decade....

The SEC national championship streak stands at 9.

2006 - Florida
2007 - LSU
2008 - Florida
2009 - Alabama
2010 - Auburn
2011 - Alabama
2012 - Alabama

Due to lack of challenge from the rest of the nation, the SEC decided to create one on their own. And so The Great Leap Forward™ began in earnest. Like a Reedwood scattering its seeds in the wind, the SEC high command sent their best champions around the nation in order to cultivate fast, furious football.

2013 - Florida State, coached by Nick Saban disciple Jimbo Fisher, was the first non-SEC team to win a National Championship in years, but only by abandoning the weak ways of the ACC.
2014 - Ohio State, coached by two-time SEC champion Urban Meyer (also two-time national champion), rose through the ashes like a phoenix and returned the B1G to national success.

The Year of our Lord 2015 is shaping up to be the best college football season ever!

What's next? Will the PAC 12 accept the SEC teachings and claim a crown? Big XII? Last year showed anyone can reach the biggest stage, if only they accept their traditional ways are obsolete, and accept the SEC into their hearts.

Fuck you, You'll watch it.

Hearing totally unsubstantiated rumors of QB Vernon Adams transferring from Eastern Washington University to Oregon for his senior season. He has graduated and can therefore transfer freely.

Brick

First thing you mention is his size? GTFO

Won't be holding my breath, it being the internet, but I'd probably rather have him than Miller since he's a proven passer. Probably fits what Helfrich wants to do more.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I agree doe. Adams fits what Oregon wants to do way better than miller. Bart Scott if this kid transfers

fsuprime

he looked godamn amazing against UW early this season, throwing bombs all over the field

7 tds 0 INTs lol

First thing you mention is his size? GTFO

Won't be holding my breath, it being the internet, but I'd probably rather have him than Miller since he's a proven passer. Probably fits what Helfrich wants to do more.

He is a known stud throwing the ball, but is legitimately tiny.

bruin

yeah, Oregon's string of luck with QB's needs to end.

Adams would have to carry the Ducks and their lack of skillmakers.

Brick

i didn't notice oregon's first game is against eastern washington next year. if he indeed transfers, that could be awkward/hard for him.

i would not want to be a part of beating my former team 70-0 or whatever the score may be. even if he sits out for some reason. it's not like he would be leaving them with a bad taste in his mouth or anything.

that sucks.

Lightningwar

Administrator
i didn't notice oregon's first game is against eastern washington next year. if he indeed transfers, that could be awkward/hard for him.

i would not want to be a part of beating my former team 70-0 or whatever the score may be. even if he sits out for some reason. it's not like he would be leaving them with a bad taste in his mouth or anything.

that sucks.

Prepare for Oregon to be upset by EWU.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I like that oregon's offense is such a machine that they're a likely legit playoff threat just by plugging in a competent QB.

That defense doe. Here's where others may disagree: Oregon needs to get better at recruiting LBs, especially. Oregon has consistently whiffed on LB targets and it isn't even excusable either when these LB targets are going to lesser pac12 schools and losing multiple games a year... You can't sell these kids on winning? To me if Pellum doesn't do well schematically this year they need to just hire someone else as d-coordinator. He's never really been able to close the deal as a position coach in recruiting so if he can't recruit and he can't call plays for a competent defense idk why Oregon keeps him other than "he's been with the program for 20 years"...

Oregon's continuity has been a big advantage in some respects (greatwood, Campbell) but when Oregon goes out and brings someone in from outside it has worked out well too (lubbick, Kelly). It isn't like Oregon can't improve their staff. They obviously have done well when they decide to do so. Idk why Oregon is so scared to cut bait on an underperforming member of their staff. Idk mang.

/rant

bruin

hearing there's mutual interest between UCLA and Braxton Miller.

emma-watson-hermione-granger-thinking.gif

coogrfan

http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/home/he...w-Restaurants-290589141.html?device=phone&c=y

baylor-sign-viral.jpg

WACO (February 2, 2015) A photo of a poster at a weekend event for Baylor football prospects that went viral raised the hopes of Waco diners, for the most part falsely.

The poster, made by members of the school’s athletic staff and displayed for junior recruits over the weekend, says six new restaurants or food stores as well as a hotel will be coming to Waco soon.
A photo of the poster went viral on Facebook on Saturday and Sunday, leading thousands of people to believe the restaurants were a done deal.

But only two of those have agreed to terms with the city.

Potbelly Sandwiches, and in - N -out Burgers will build restaurants in Waco soon.
But four others listed on the poster, Pappadeaux's, Papasitos, Uncle Mario's Pizza, Whole Foods—as well as an Omni Hotel—have no immediate plans for the city.

“Obviously I’d love to see all those companies here, but at this time I don't have any knowledge that any of those...will be coming to Waco,” City Manager Dale Fisseler said Monday.

Baylor Executive Assistant Athletic Director Nick Joos said the University did not mean to misrepresent the city to the visiting recruits,

"It really very much for a target audience of kids that were coming to campus and...if it offended anybody to cause a false celebration, certainly we’re sorry for that,” he said.

Translation: "We didn't mean to misrepresent the city, we were just hoping nobody would actually bother to fact check our blatant lies".

coogrfan

Read your own quote, dude. In-n-Out and Potbelly are actually going to have locations in that hell hole.

:oops:

The story I heard on the radio here this morning stated that Potbelly and Uncle Marios pizza were the lucky winners of the Waco sweepstakes. Serves me right for not fact checking the fact checkers.