• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College Football Offseason Thread Presented by Joe Mixon's Punch-Out!!

coogrfan

This is not as bad as Penn state because PSU people are much more obnoxious in general. Irrelevant program and they still defend child rapist accessories. The program that brought you Matt mcgloin needs to persevere fuck these kid rapist victims.

The level of denial at BU is every bit as high as it was at PSU.

Brick

Crazy would be thinking that anything less than the death penalty is going to change the way that BU runs it's athletic dept.
if I could have logged into ur account and made the next post, this would have been close.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I just don't understand how you think Baylor will get the death penalty if psu didn't. Psu had a corch fucking little boys in their locker room for 40 years. The head corch covered it up for 40 years and there were probably hundreds of victims as a result of the cover up.

coogrfan

I just don't understand how you think Baylor will get the death penalty if psu didn't. Psu had a corch fucking little boys in their locker room for 40 years. The head corch covered it up for 40 years and there were probably hundreds of victims as a result of the cover up.

USA Today's Dan Wolken: "This wasn't about one monster running rampant; it was about a culture sanctioned by the coach, his assistants and other administrators indicating that if players ever ran afoul of a woman's right to say no, they would be backstopped by the influence of the biggest game in town."

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I never said they would receive the death penalty. I said I think they should.
Well they aren't going to. Psu had its penalties reduced. The precedent has been set. Raping little boys in your locker room calls for lenience. what Baylor did will probably be a 1 year bowl ban and a few scholarship reductions.

coogrfan

Well they aren't going to. Psu had its penalties reduced. The precedent has been set. Raping little boys in your locker room calls for lenience. what Baylor did will probably be a 1 year bowl ban and a few scholarship reductions.

You're probably right, and that really fucking sucks.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Ever since we beat Baylor 38-10 I used to get upset when Baylor was top 10 and we had Tim Fuckin Beckman.

Now, I don't feel so bad.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I said it back when the story first broke and ever since the PSU molestation shit, I don't care about any NCAA violations. I give zero fucks about any of it. I don't care who pays players or who cheats on grades. The whole thing is one big sham anyway.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
:laughing: Exactly!

Saban really only cares about winning football games and wearing lifts that turn him from a 5'4" man to a 5'8" man.

Honestly, I don't care that any school pays players. I wish that Michigan paid players, or at least paid them better than they have in the past. But you don't get to pay players and take the moral high ground about amateurism at the same time.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I heard the excerpt from his press conference. What he said has some merit to it, but it still rings hollow. He really cares about the High School corches aight. And leave Adam's house cat out of this, aight.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Hahahaha poor Nick. Doesnt want to be used while he makes millions not paying his players.

Ah the ole integrity of the game bit. So funny.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Does it have any merit? How does bringing players to camps where college football coaches can go up and talk to the players directly give more opportunity for handlers to insert themselves? And these camps are generally put on by high school coaches, so it's not like you're going to a camp run by some bagman. I guess there's some scintilla of merit in there. But Saban is not the person to talk about this. Hell, I'm not sure any D-1 coach is.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Basketball camps are run by bagman. Those things have been shady as fuck since I was in HS and that was a long time ago.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
So the Big 12 is not expanding any time soon (maybe ever), not getting a network (ever), but is still going to bring back the conference championship game next year with 10 teams, possibly splitting into two 5-team divisions.

Dumbest fucking conference ever.

I don't think things are as bad as you make them out to be. The 2 Five team divisions is stupid and will probably lead to something everyone without ties to the Big Ten will laugh about, but that has happened with all of the other conferences too. As far as expansion goes, adding teams just to get to some number isn't really what they need to do. As far as a conference network, well maybe it would be nice, but it's not like the games aren't being show on national TV. The Big 12 had a lot more games on national TV then the ACC did.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Not having a network doesn't really bother me, but having a championship game just for the 13th data point and extra $2 million per team or whatever it is, when the round robin produces a champion without the need for a title game is just dumb. Since Day 1, it seems like every time the conference leadership has had a chance to be smart and proactive, they've pissed down their legs.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
All about da money and da ESPN nArrAtIVe. They're convinced they need a CCG because all the trogs told them so. Short memory, because having a CCG cost them a title in 07.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Not having a network doesn't really bother me, but having a championship game just for the 13th data point and extra $2 million per team or whatever it is, when the round robin produces a champion without the need for a title game is just dumb. Since Day 1, it seems like every time the conference leadership has had a chance to be smart and proactive, they've pissed down their legs.
Like claiming co-champions?