• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

Renegade

Charge on!
It has been repeatedly confirmed that he passed on the UCF job. He tried to slowplay us to see what Miami would do, and so we moved on to Frost. I'm happy how that played out, because he's basically O'Leary Jr.

PSUEagle

Tulane hires Georgia Southern HC Willie Fritz.

Pretty nice move for the Green Eave IMO: he has an impressive track record at various levels of football and has demonstrated a consistent ability to do more with less. I think it's a lock that he does better than Curtis Johnson, especially since the latter recruited at a fairly high level.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Tulane do better than expected in 2016.

PSUEagle

Think it has more to do with the fact that there's a strong chance (pun intended) that Texas is looking for a new HC next winter. If you're an up and coming coach why walk into a situation and uproot your whole family for one year? Wait it out and look for more stable opportunities down the road.

UF had the same issue a couple years ago before settling on Roper IIRC.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Schiano to Ohio State as DC

:laughing:

Schiano wouldn't go back to Rutgers as HC but would go to OSU as DC? Or it's not like that?

:laughing::laughing:

It has been repeatedly confirmed that he passed on the UCF job. He tried to slowplay us to see what Miami would do, and so we moved on to Frost. I'm happy how that played out, because he's basically O'Leary Jr.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Schiano will be the head coach in waiting, right?

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
So in other words,WVU had an easy schedule at home & still finished the year with a losing season? WTF is going with your team & I know it's something else beside the coach

Naw we finished 7-5.

What I mean is that next season we have an awesome home schedule with Mizzou, Oklahoma, TCU, Baylor, and K-State all at home and we're basically going to have a lame duck season because there's no way Holgs finishes better than 7-5 next season (he refuses to recruit a fucking QB), so it's just a wasted season and a delay to firing him.

Wooly

As for BYU, I think they really need to get either Anderson (Stanford DC), or Sitake (OSU DC). If they can't get either of those guys, they might be in trouble in the future.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
As for BYU, I think they really need to get either Anderson (Stanford DC), or Sitake (OSU DC). If they can't get either of those guys, they might be in trouble in the future.

I'm curious why you think that only those two would be good for the future? Why would Niumatololo NOT be good for the future?

Bdub

BYU is a sinking ship regardless of who they hire. I think Bronco took them about as far as they can go without being in a conference. Bronco realized it and moved on.

Wooly

I'm curious why you think that only those two would be good for the future? Why would Niumatololo NOT be good for the future?
He's obviously a good coach, but he knows and runs the option. It's hard for option coaches to do anything else. I don't think BYU can be nationally competitive with an option offense. I love the option, I wish more teams ran it, but I don't think it will work at BYU.

Anderson, on the other hand is a top recruiter and great defensive coach. He can capitalize on what BYU is now built to do well, play defense. The kind of recruits that BYU can now recruit well are better suited for defense.

The landscape of CFB has really changed in the past decade, and it will be an uphill battle for BYU. They are falling behind other P5 schools in money and recruiting, especially Utah. BYU has to command the in state talent to have a chance, so they can't be second fiddle to Utah and stay nationally relevant.

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
He's obviously a good coach, but he knows and runs the option. It's hard for option coaches to do anything else. I don't think BYU can be nationally competitive with an option offense. I love the option, I wish more teams ran it, but I don't think it will work at BYU.

Anderson, on the other hand is a top recruiter and great defensive coach. He can capitalize on what BYU is now built to do well, play defense. The kind of recruits that BYU can now recruit well are better suited for defense.

The landscape of CFB has really changed in the past decade, and it will be an uphill battle for BYU. They are falling behind other P5 schools in money and recruiting, especially Utah. BYU has to command the in state talent to have a chance, so they can't be second fiddle to Utah and stay nationally relevant.

Well, the current offense doesn't really work imo. I don't see him going flexbone at BYU. Instead, I think you'd see a pistol based offense that has some option concepts. But I think regardless that BYU needs to get back to the LaVell offense that maximizes the sort of talent you have.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He shouldn't have gotten a raise this year, but that is just the business of college football. If he had won the OU and Florida games, which he should have, then he deserved a raise. Whatever, though. It doesn't mean anything to me. It's not my money and they will still fire his ass if he doesn't win more next year.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They gave him a raise to 4.1. Puts him behind Saban, Sumlin, Miles, and Freeze. No extension. Buyout will remain the same.

Bdub

Well, the current offense doesn't really work imo. I don't see him going flexbone at BYU. Instead, I think you'd see a pistol based offense that has some option concepts. But I think regardless that BYU needs to get back to the LaVell offense that maximizes the sort of talent you have.
Problem is they can't get that kind of talent anymore. I think Bronco had the right blueprint and it's similar to Utah, recruit to your strengths, polys and defense. Build defense first and tailor the offense to the best QB you can recruit. BYU is great at recruiting QBs as they have a history there. Problem is even with a good QB they just can't get enough good players in the skill positions to really maximize their QB advantage. It's even harder now that Utah doesn't suck anymore and the Pac 12 is much more active recruiting Utah. USC and Stanford have gotten the best Utah kids for a few years in a row.