• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown About...Rose Bowl #0

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They really did fuck themselves even if he's wrong. I guess they could move FSU up since they beat #11 but how are they going to throw out #3 after winning 55-3? And they're just suddenly going to move Baylor up because of head to head even though TCU beat KSU by more?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Why did the big xii do a split title? was head to head not the first tie breaker?

Did they just change the rules because the narrative would fucked if the big xii champ was left out in favor of the 2nd place team?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Why did the big xii do a split title? was head to head not the first tie breaker?

Did they just change the rules because the narrative would fucked if the big xii champ was left out in favor of the 2nd place team?

Yeah, they're saying that they're can be split champions because they saw TCU was in the top 4 and were afraid their conference was going to be left out.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Lol. Remember the logic circle jerk with Texas/ou/tech where they went to the sixth made up tie breaker? At least now they got rid of all attempts of legitimacy.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lol. Remember the logic circle jerk with Texas/ou/tech where they went to the sixth made up tie breaker? At least now they got rid of all attempts of legitimacy.

They were so close to a similar situation this year. If KSU had beaten Auburn and Baylor and Baylor had beaten WVU, all would've been 11-1 with 1 conference loss.

THREE TRUE CHAMPIONS

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Aaaaaaaand just like that Bucky makes Arizona's loss look not so bad. I mean, shit, we put up more of a fight the last two times we got shut out.

fsuprime

It's pretty easy. Don't lose a game

Or have your conference have the committie stacked (pac 12 and sec )

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If FSU gets left out of the playoffs I'm going to make ur post my signature. Going undefeated in college football has never been a guarantee of anything. Bart Scott for the mongmitte wheels to turn.

From a selfish perspective, if TCU gets dropped because of lack of conference championship game, then I bet the Big XII expands immediately, grabbing the closest available 2 teams. You know Hamilton gonna schmooze if that happens.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I thought that one was clear as day, led with the shoulder and helmets hit only after the contact. Pereira is the worst.
To go back in time to this post.. That type of block really needs to be taken out of the game if this 'player safety' thing is really going to happen. Theres absolutely no reason to come full speed and light someone up, especially peeling back like that. You should never be blocking with that type of force going back towards the line of scrimmage.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
If FSU gets left out of the playoffs I'm going to make ur post my signature. Going undefeated in college football has never been a guarantee of anything. Bart Scott for the mongmitte wheels to turn.

From a selfish perspective, if TCU gets dropped because of lack of conference championship game, then I bet the Big XII expands immediately, grabbing the closest available 2 teams. You know Hamilton gonna schmooze if that happens.
They don't need to expand to get a conference championship game.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Lmao Wisconsin. What in all fucks

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Tbh I think this committee is somehow accidentally doing what we wanted. Punishing fsu for being undefeated but looking like total shit. They should play Marshall in the Marshalls bowl while real powerhouses duke it out. Fsu best player is their Mexican savant kicker

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
They will doe. Two sets of 5 creates a bunch of trog problems with scheduling.
I would just have the top 2 teams in the standings play each other (ex: Baylor/TCU again this year) but I'm not sure the Big XII would understand how tie breakers work and we'd have 6 teams on the field for the CCG.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
To go back in time to this post.. That type of block really needs to be taken out of the game if this 'player safety' thing is really going to happen. Theres absolutely no reason to come full speed and light someone up, especially peeling back like that. You should never be blocking with that type of force going back towards the line of scrimmage.

What exactly was he supposed to do? He blocked him. He didn't go low, he didn't lead with his head, he wasn't going back towards his own goal line. He had his hands inside, head turned, shoulder in front, he didn't launch or leave his feet in any way. That was a clinic block.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I would just have the top 2 teams in the standings play each other (ex: Baylor/TCU again this year) but I'm not sure the Big XII would understand how tie breakers work and we'd have 6 teams on the field for the CCG.

In that scenario, why should Baylor have to play TCU again when they already beat them? That's the absurd part, in a round robin conference you don't need a conference championship game. :laughing:

Adding one is stupid.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Oh you lie. You so lie. He actually was going back towards his own goal line.

Literally no part of either the NCAA or NFL peel back rules were violated on that play. In fact, the rules specifically mention THAT type of block as being legal. Near shoulder to the front of an opponent's body is a LEGAL block.

Not to mention the player initiated the block was a not aligned inside the tackle box at the snap of the ball to begin with, negating any peel back block violation to begin with.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Literally no part of either the NCAA or NFL peel back rules were violated on that play. In fact, the rules specifically mention THAT type of block as being legal. Near shoulder to the front of an opponent's body is a LEGAL block.

Not to mention the player initiated the block was a not aligned inside the tackle box at the snap of the ball to begin with, negating any peel back block violation to begin with.
When the hell did I say it was illegal?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The ESPN wheels are turning to make it:

1. Bammer
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. Ohio State

That's my real prediction.

Can't wait for the explanation of how a team who goes into the weekend ranked #3, wins 55-3, and gets dropped to #6 (Might as well put them below Baylor now that Baylor beat Kstate, because head to head). Especially when the team ranked below them barely wins :laughing: (FSU should be ranked #1 all along as the only undefeated team, IMO, but still)

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
One of the arguments on the CBS studio show during the MWCCCGB was that each conference deserves to have their champion get in the playoff, and since the Big XII had co-champs they are out and OSU gets in. This really actually got said.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
When the hell did I say it was illegal?

Uh, maybe the part where you said that type of block really needs to be taken out of the game and then proceeded to explain a rule that already exists in both the NCAA and NFL rulebook? That play didn't fulfill any requirements of the peel back block rule.

I know Florida's players tend to block their own teammates harder than they block the other team, but it's really okay to block your opponent hard and with force.

floridagif.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Uh, maybe the part where you said that type of block really needs to be taken out of the game and then proceeded to explain a rule that already exists in both the NCAA and NFL rulebook? That play didn't fulfill any requirements of the peel back block rule.

facepalm1.jpg

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
seriously over this current corching staff at OU. they're never going to come close to competing for a big 12-2-2+2 title again, let alone a playoff berth. clean house and start over. i don't even care if they suck for a decade, but at least there will be a legit reason.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
seriously over this current corching staff at OU. they're never going to come close to competing for a big 12-2-2+2 title again, let alone a playoff berth. clean house and start over. i don't even care if they suck for a decade, but at least there will be a legit reason.

Trade you Mike Riley for Bob Stoops. Straight up.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
only if we get frost and the faux pelini twitter account in the deal. stoops wouldn't win at nebraska, either

You can have Faux Pelini but you'll have to negotiate with Oregon for Frost, since it doesn't sound like we're going to get him either. Can I interest you in some corn instead? Or perhaps Lil Red?

lil-red.jpg

R2D2

I hope FSU stays at #4 so they get their shit pushed in by Alabamer. I'm not bitter.

Edit: Fuck that inbred Jameis

Bruce Wayne

Man, I hate Jameis as much as anyone, but I still don't get the narrative that the ACC is a terrible conference. They kicked the shit out of the SEC in head to head games last week and the SEC EastChampion lost to Indiana for Christ's sake. FSU is in, ranked #1 for going undefeated in a conference that is better than the SEC.

TCU is in, ranked #2. The only game they lost was to the #6 team in the country. No other one loss team has a loss to a team in the top ten. Baylor is out as head to head is meaningless. If you don't beleive me; ask 1993 Notre Dame.

Oregon is in, ranked #3 as they have the next best loss.

Let's face it, the SEC is not very good this year, with the exception of Bama. Bama is in ranked #4.

tOSU is out as their loss is the worst of the one loss teams.

this shit is easy. I should be on the committee.