• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown About...Rose Bowl #0

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I hope FSU stays at #4 so they get their shit pushed in by Alabamer. I'm not bitter.

Edit: Fuck that inbred Jameis

The only smart thing he's done is sign with FSU. He knew he could get away with all the shit he's done with Jimbo Fisher. Saban would have cut him last year.

Brick

Man, I hate Jameis as much as anyone, but I still don't get the narrative that the ACC is a terrible conference. They kicked the shit out of the SEC in head to head games last week and the SEC EastChampion lost to Indiana for Christ's sake. FSU is in, ranked #1 for going undefeated in a conference that is better than the SEC.

TCU is in, ranked #2. The only game they lost was to the #6 team in the country. No other one loss team has a loss to a team in the top ten. Baylor is out as head to head is meaningless. If you don't beleive me; ask 1993 Notre Dame.

Oregon is in, ranked #3 as they have the next best loss.

Let's face it, the SEC is not very good this year, with the exception of Bama. Bama is in ranked #4.

tOSU is out as their loss is the worst of the one loss teams.

this shit is easy. I should be on the committee.
i hope this was before your meditation session. :nebraskaman:

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
Let's face it, the SEC is not very good this year, with the exception of Bama.
...and frankly, I am not sold on Bama. They basically don't have a secondary. The Kiffense gets a lot of credit for looking great when it's clicking, but it takes entire halves off where it's a complete shitshow... Look at the second half vs LSU, Q2-3 vs API, or basically 8 quarters of OM/Arky. And I don't even know if those teams are any good... We know the East is awful, but every team in the West has looked like garbage at some point or another. I think it's a pretty deep division when API is the worst team, but frankly there may not be a single Top-20 team in the bunch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr. Tennessee

That Crazy Linux Guy
Utopia Moderator
That's how I know Jobobo is back...saying that Alabama is terrible.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Baylor should sue the Big XII for just changing the rules mid-season. Almost certainly cost them a playoff spot.

The following procedure will determine the Big 12 Conference representative to the Sugar Bowl (or alternate College Football Playoff game when the Sugar Bowl is a semifinal) in the event of a first-place or alternate place tie (for the avoidance of doubt, only Conference records will be used throughout the process):
  1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
  2. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. Once a team has been eliminated from a multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
    1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
    2. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed team(s) in the conference (4, 5 and 6….).
    3. The highest ranked team in the first College Football Playoff poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the College Football Playoff poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the College Football Playoff.
    4. The representative will be chosen by draw.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
What rule did they change?

Well they crowned TCU and Baylor Co-Champions instead of naming Baylor Champion, as they should per their rule that was established prior to the season. I suppose it is more ignoring the rules than changing them, but still... this isn't Nam

411d3a8fab0ce838707c8d66cbd4c94ed246f361bbf41e2ad7cef8ff879b10c8.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I mean ONE TRUE CHAMPION!* was their fucking conference tagline

Professional Wrestiling > College Football.

*unless one champion turns out to be inconvenient in our pursuit of $

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
Baylor should sue the Big XII for just changing the rules mid-season. Almost certainly cost them a playoff spot.
To be fair, that is the procedure for determining a Bowl Game representative, for which you have to choose ONE. It doesn't say anything anywhere about deciding a champion. I think it's dumb, but I don't necessarily see how that constitutes a mid-season rule change.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
To be fair, that is the procedure for determining a Bowl Game representative, for which you have to choose ONE. It doesn't say anything anywhere about deciding a champion. I think it's dumb, but I don't necessarily see how that constitutes a mid-season rule change.

Good point. The Big XII has had Co-Champions in the past and then they only use the tiebreaker to determine the BCS representative. It is all coming back to me now. :laughing:

Brick

are you fucking kidding me? lol

ohizzu brand

at least they ranked baylor ahead of TCU

@Wooly was right a few weeks ago

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
That's how I know Jobobo is back...saying that Alabama is terrible.
I'm not saying they're terrible... I think they're a solid Top-15 team. I just think you can make a convincing argument that all the teams in the playoff discussion are better than them. I certainly don't think they're better than Oregon, and the way OSU is playing I don't think Bama would beat them.

Honestly, I think Bama and FSU have been pretty similar this season, with the exception that you know which 3 quarters FSU is going to look like shit. I think both have that potential to be really good if they can put together a whole game... but here we are 13 games into the season and neither has done it so I don't expect it to happen in the playoff. Of course, the obvious difference is that FSU hasn't managed to lose a game, while Bama has. FSU might have a higher ceiling as well, because I guess Bama just isn't going to fix the secondary, and Sims is no rapist.

Brick

flazzu is gonna feed off the jesus vs satan qb media narrative

i was really hoping to play ohio state, and not flazzu because atholetes.

ZeekLTK

It's not like these games are next week... how hard would it be to have TCU play Florida State and Baylor play Ohio State mid-December, and then the winners go play Alabama/Oregon in January? "Rules are rules doe, can only have 4 teams" herp derp

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
It's not like these games are next week... how hard would it be to have TCU play Florida State and Baylor play Ohio State mid-December, and then the winners go play Alabama/Oregon in January? "Rules are rules doe, can only have 4 teams" herp derp

But what about all the class time those student-athletes would miss? :laughing:

Brick

from october:
i think this is the pecking order for the 1 loss teams from the other conferences IMO.

this is of course, fair or not.

they'll be in
1. notre dame: if they run the table, they are absolutely in regardless of what happens elsewhere
2. oregon: if ND loses, they're a lock.
3. michigan state: lock if oregon and ND both fall imo. if the committee really watched the games they'd realize MSU had oregon on the ropes

need a lot of help
4. arizona state: would finish with wins over utah, notre dame, @ arizona, (likely) oregon
5. ohio state: they are pretty fucked unless everyone loses. turrible resume.
6. nebraska: MARKET FOOTPRINT

need a miracle
6. arizona/utah: would likely have two oregon wins on their resume.
7. tcu/kansas state/baylor: not fair because if they were oklahoma they'd be up there with oregon/msu/nd

Brick

the wisky blowout was the worst thing to happen to ohizzu.

the hottest team right now always flops in the postseason. it's gon be ugly. alabama home game.

journalists should already start pumping up the the "urban and ohio state should be proud of the season..." narrative.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Let it be known that The Skeleton Debates had the correct final 4 at the beginning of the season...had we not been skullfucked by the committee and #brands #salads

Skeeter

Uber felon
Bricks hatred of all things Ohio state stems from Oregon's all time record against I'm guessing.

Haters gonna hate

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
So seriously, who else does the Big 12 add to get a CCG? Cincinnati seems obvious, but I doubt a bunch of Southern Baptists will invite BYU into their boys club. Sorry, @jamesnathan, but that's Texas for ya.

I also doubt they add another Texas school because Texas will bitch about television market overlap when what they're really worried about is recruiting competition.

I know it's a long shot, but NDSU wouldn't be a terrible add.

Brick

Bricks hatred of all things Ohio state stems from Oregon's all time record against I'm guessing.

Haters gonna hate
this is it.

didn't even know oregon ever played ohio state outside of the pryor rose bowl.

i don't care about ohio state either way. i hate why they were put in, not them. could have been notre dame or usc or florida. you know as well as i do the only reason they got in is "ohio state".

just how oregon was not questioned at all even with 1 loss like the rest of them, because of their recent success.

Skeeter

Uber felon
this is it.

didn't even know oregon ever played ohio state outside of the pryor rose bowl.

i don't care about ohio state either way. i hate why they were put in, not them. could have been notre dame or usc or florida. you know as well as i do the only reason they got in is "ohio state".

just how oregon was not questioned at all even with 1 loss like the rest of them, because of their recent success.

I know most of them are MIchigan level pre-WW2 chest pounding, but 8-0 is still fun to point out. :trollface:

I also agree that the entire committee system is fucked. Just make it 8 teams and be done with it.

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
Upside to SEC bias... Getting to jerk off all year over the inflated rankings. Downside to SEC bias... Over-inflated rankings mean you have to play teams from other conferences that earned their ranking or are under ranked... The state of MS is going to get 80 lbs of rape for New Years. Ole Miss especially is going to get annihilated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Baylor-MSU is gonna be good. MSU prolly gonna get killed by a pissed off Baylor team doe.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
So seriously, who else does the Big 12 add to get a CCG? Cincinnati seems obvious, but I doubt a bunch of Southern Baptists will invite BYU into their boys club. Sorry, @jamesnathan, but that's Texas for ya.

My in-laws live just west of Fort Worth. From what I've heard of the Texas fans I've met through them, they all like BYU and think BYU would be good for and a good fit with the conference. So my experience has been the opposite of your assumption.

BYU is available immediately. I think they'd be willing to give up some stuff (everything except Sunday play is on the table). We know the conference wants an eastern partner for West Virginia. So the two questions I see are would they go for two eastern teams (which I've heard a lot of noise about) and is BYU's immediate availability (no need to wait for them to get or buy out of a conference contract) a big enough draw? BYU fans put butts in the seats on road games, which is a plus for them, too.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I feel like with WVU the Big 12 has kind of committed to expanding east. BYU to Morgantown is a long way, especially if they end up in the same division. Or the Big 12 could just say "fuck it" and add BYU, Colorado State, Cincinnati, Memphis, Tulane, and UCF to get to 16 because it's not like there are better options. If we're going to water down the conference more than we already have with TCU and WVU, might as well do it big den.

My vote is still for dissolution but that's not happening. Fuck you Texas and especially fuck you, Baylor. get wrecked