• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Are you a legitimate BACKUP?! The TRANSFER PORTAL thread

Mame YO

slings rocks
seeing rumors about Dillon Gabriel to Oregon per SOURCEZ but it’s all coming from podcast bros and people who pay for CROOT sites.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
If the Vols didn’t have 5 star croot waiting in the wings I would be begging cam ward to come to Knoxville. He should be the top qb croot out there

Skeeter

Uber felon
There's not a statistical upgrade in the portal right now. Really strange.
Statistically no. But he struggled with locking onto receivers and many many times he didn't see guys running wide open. There were 3 consecutive plays against Michigan where he missed wide open guys that would've all been TDs. Didn't see 2 and underthrew the other.

He didn't show any real improvement from week 1. He just happened to have generational talent at the skill positions to bail him out.

He was also an absolute statue.

I have no idea who they're bringing in but I expect it will result in better numbers for next season.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
If you need a QB that excels in throwing to a wideout's feet when they are under any amount of pressure, McCord is that guy. I lost count of the number of passes he bounced to a receiver against Michigan.

But maybe this just prep for Harrison Jr. to get used to playing with some BUM QB in the NFL.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
One area Ohio State has no concerns is WR. I would suggest Marvs numbers were limited by Honda McCord.

Even without concerns, there is about a 0% chance that OSU's WR room is better next year. Harrison is one of the best WRs ever to play at OSU. You're not getting that next year.

I was looking at McCord's stats out of curiosity. He clearly wasn't an amazing QB, but he had a 65% completion percentage, averaged over 9 yard per attempt, and was 8th in ESPN's QBR stats. He'll probably improve as a senior, and I'd bet that a senior McCord is likely to be better than whatever transfer they bring in. Honestly, if McCarthy goes pro, I would take McCord in a heartbeat for next year at Michigan, even though I'd prefer someone with more mobility.

I do enjoy OSU fans freaking out about only have a good QB instead of a great QB, though.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If you need a QB that excels in throwing to a wideout's feet when they are under any amount of pressure, McCord is that guy. I lost count of the number of passes he bounced to a receiver against Michigan.

But maybe this just prep for Harrison Jr. to get used to playing with some BUM QB in the NFL.
MASERATI MARV will be playing with SLIDER

Mame YO

slings rocks
Turns out that the Gabriel to Oregon stuff is coming from Justin Hopkins, who owns SCOOPDUCK (paid CROOT site). He is generally pretty careful with his predictions so there may be legs to this rumor.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Turns out that the Gabriel to Oregon stuff is coming from Justin Hopkins, who owns SCOOPDUCK (paid CROOT site). He is generally pretty careful with his predictions so there may be legs to this rumor.
Doesn't he have to sit if he transfers again?

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
QB market is juicy but famILLy more than a QB away from competing... Newton going to the draft is insanely huge shoes to fill and we also need to work on the secondary.

Also, Altmyer actually looked really good until concussion vs Minnesota.

Skeeter

Uber felon

Fleming gone too. @Skeeter

I think this is a good move for him. He never lived up to his #1 receiver in the nation ranking, but he is a damn good blocker. With the talent coming in he was going to continue to be the Z receiver. He will get a good offer to go somewhere and try to be the X for a year.

I really hope he balls out. Great kid.

goblue96

I think this is a good move for him. He never lived up to his #1 receiver in the nation ranking, but he is a damn good blocker. With the talent coming in he was going to continue to be the Z receiver. He will get a good offer to go somewhere and try to be the X for a year.

I really hope he balls out. Great kid.
Ain't no shame in being the Z receiver behind Harrison and Ebuka. Reminds me a lot of Jason Avant when he was at Michigan. Never got to be the main guy did all the little things to stay in the lineup.

Mame YO

slings rocks
PRIME continues to meltdown. I saw some more transfer announcements and a decommitment lol. His girlfriend apparently left him too rofl. PRIME sure knows how to win!

Mame YO

slings rocks
Multiple SOURCEZ in CROOT circles now claiming Gabriel to Oregon and Cam Ward to tOSU are DONE DEALS, still no national media reporting on either potential move.

GRAIN ASSAULT

247sports says CHILES to MSU

bruin

The transfer portal is a shit show.

something like 600 players have already entered. Saw Boise's QB entered. Win the MWC, enter the portal the next Monday.

well, when the 4 letter makes it all about the playoff starting in August "ARE YOU IN?" this is what they get. Also, I blame CBS, FOX, NBC, etc. They need to snatch up some Bowls in the future.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
GREEN might be a good fit with the beavs

goblue96

something like 600 players have already entered. Saw Boise's QB entered. Win the MWC, enter the portal the next Monday.

well, when the 4 letter makes it all about the playoff starting in August "ARE YOU IN?" this is what they get. Also, I blame CBS, FOX, NBC, etc. They need to snatch up some Bowls in the future.
Those networks can't. Look up how many of the bullshit bowls are owned by ESPN Events.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad

Remember when FOX had the BCS rights and ESPN started shitting on it as not being good anymore?

goblue96

Remember when the Fiesta Bowl forced itself into relevance by overpaying #1 Penn State and #2 Miami to play each other in 1987 Fiesta Bowl creating a defacto national championship game.

goblue96

Of course. Considering I loved that era/ bowl system, that was the peak of CFB for me.
Same. I loved it when a bowl threw a bag of money at a BLUE BLOOD in late October to commit to their bowl and then shit the bed in November leaving the bowl with a 7-4 BLUE BLOOD playing on New Year's Day.