• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Are you a legitimate BACKUP?! The TRANSFER PORTAL thread

Mame YO

slings rocks
I was thinking he was going to tOSU actually. He just took a visit to tOSU and never used his official visit to Oregon. As soon as he said he was announcing this week tOSU was the perceived favorite. Colorado is a surprise.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
That Oklahoma logo :kekleo:

01g40nc95bx5ydzmm32h.png

Mame YO

slings rocks
DANTE visiting Oregon while knowing that Gabriel is coming lol. You wanted B1G you got B1G @CJ_24

Ty transferring out if Moore comes, must be because Oregon fans are racist @Brick

Mame YO

slings rocks
BUCKY and JPJ both announced for the NFL as expected. Jackson announced last week. Franklin likely to announce also but nothing yet.

The only real question mark is Burch. There are rumors that he plans to stay for another year.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It’s interesting that you say that because they return most of the players on their depth chart lol.

For example, they lose their best lineman in JPJ, yes, but they return 7/9 of their line rotation and have 20 offensive linemen on the roster for next year. They lose Bucky but they return Whitingham and James along with two highly touted young guys. Matayo and Florence return for the defense along with veterans like bassa and Jacobs, etc.

Look at the 2 deep. Tons of returning players. With a few key transfers (like Dillon!) they’re right back in the middle of it lol.

This is what I meant when I was mentioning how young the roster is compared to a team like Washington. UW is losing 30 super seniors. Not just their star players in Penix and Odunze, etc. but most of their depth too. Oregon’s depth is mostly young.

Mame YO

slings rocks
theyll never have a line as good as the past 2 years. completely wasted it too. all downhill from here.
You’re projecting 7-5 from a team that hasn’t had a record that bad since Taggart, and that doesn’t have a very hard schedule in the first place. It seems obvious you don’t know anything about the roster you’re pretending to critique.

bruin

Nice day for the Bruins in the portal yesterday.
SDSU DB Marcus Ratcliffe and Oregon DB Bryan Addison committed.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Addison is a good player but he had been away from the team since October for unknown personal reasons. I believe he was also suspended under Cristobal at some point also. idk what your situation is at safety but he is a starting caliber player if he can get everything else sorted out.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oklahoma true freshman OL Cayden Green is expected to enter the portal. There is a lot of scuttlebutt going on with this one with accusations of tampering. One of his family members all but publicly admitted this, so, yeah. NIL BABBY! Oregon is apparently the expected landing spot, which, lol, I'll take it? (note: also rumors that it might be Mizzou)

Is it tampering if Gabriel is in contact with former teammates? Maybe? Yes? I checked the NCAA tampering rules and it says "An athletics staff member or other representative of the institution's athletics interests shall not make contact with the student-athlete of another NCAA Division I institution, directly or indirectly, without first obtaining authorization through the notification of transfer process." This sort of reminds me of player recruiting in the NBA - nobody really enforces tampering when players are recruiting each other. I could see it being a similar black-and-white-on-paper-but-in-practice-grey-area here as well.

IDK, to me to me there are probably too many opportunities to transfer in the first place. Players have 5 years of eligibility and can theoretically transfer 3 times (once for any reason, once as a graduate transfer, and once for hardship). Some kids are committing to a program, redshirting, and then transferring without ever really competing for a spot in the rotation. Maybe it should be something like 2 transfers, but for any reason. Maybe HS commits should be committing for 2 years minimum unless their coach leaves. idk.

and fucking move all of this stuff into Jan/Feb lol.

Last edited: