• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2088 Season Thread - Let's Goooooo

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
GMs are Owners and Owners are GMs as it's always been. I did do everything that was necessary (at the time, game has changed a lot since then) to make it as level as possible so that winning and losing were the only real drivers to money. The only things that weren't specfically set were ticket prices and IIRC your scout started at a level below the highest and I'd let them evolve to be the highest level if they did so.
Right. Scouts were never exactly the same. Neither were owners, but they don’t matter. We never edited owners. Market size is what we always equalized.

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
LAWD the bidding war for this 23-year old Catcher is going to get insane. Buffalo not putting him on a 40-man has him as a MLFA.

Don't really see any Indy/Pro FA superstars. One decent RP that will get bid up.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Apparently it's @bruin @bruin228. Well done!

Dying at this, apparently the @bruin228 @bruin had the #50 something prospect, 3B BAGAEV, rotting in A for four years. Dude has lots of GREEN. @Karl Hungus probably decided he wanted him for his 3B of da future if he was just going to rot in the HOUSTON GULAGS and somehow got @bruin @bruin228 to log off of R/Oasisgifs long enough to put together a trade! Then @bruin228 @bruin doesn't bother logging back in for the only sim that matters and loses the prize piece from his trade.

doh

6-year MLFA because he signed in '82 is my guess. Vo was going to be a MLFA on my team and he was the same deal: signed in '82, didn't go to minors until a couple of years later.

This is how it is in REEL life. You are a MLFA 6 years from when you are signed. I like that rule. Prevents teams from hoarding players especially since we don't have a Rule 5.

Something is off though in the game with service time. When I traded Durand to Cairo, his service time went from like 5-100 to 3-80.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
6-year MLFA because he signed in '82 is my guess. Vo was going to be a MLFA on my team and he was the same deal: signed in '82, didn't go to minors until a couple of years later.

This is how it is in REEL life. You are a MLFA 6 years from when you are signed. I like that rule. Prevents teams from hoarding players especially since we don't have a Rule 5.

Something is off though in the game with service time. When I traded Durand to Cairo, his service time went from like 5-100 to 3-80.

Ah. His IC time counts.

I'm not sure what happened with Durand. That's weird.

doh

He made 140 starts at catcher in the 140 game minor league season. He was probably below 50% energy for over half the season.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Right. Scouts were never exactly the same. Neither were owners, but they don’t matter. We never edited owners. Market size is what we always equalized.

Ah. Perfectly explained by @OU11 . So the top teams get to have their scouts progress to legendary in various areas, and Hayvis' scouts retire before they ever have the chance, never to be reinstated. I understand the attachment some top teams have to their scouts now.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Ah. Perfectly explained by @OU11 . So the top teams get to have their scouts progress to legendary in various areas, and Hayvis' scouts retire before they ever have the chance, never to be reinstated. I understand the attachment some top teams have to their scouts now.

:rolleyes:

Stop it.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'd like to give a shout out to my aces in the rotation,
Big Gaz, Sugar Bear, The Cap, the Insahnian Ghanaian.
From the cellar to stellar in 8-9. And they still hate mine.
Booty rappers stay booty, and we out

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Deadly serious now though. @Mr. Radpants - Is there any point in having scouts progress to legendary? Why can't we have them all equal. It's totally out of anyone's control and if it's an advantage, then it's bad, and if it isn't nerfing them a little won't make a difference.

Because I'd have to go look at every scout every year to make sure none of his ratings passed 179. Seriously, did you read the post where I looked at the ratings of every scout? The numerical differences in ratings are miniscule. They are functionally the same.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Deadly serious now though. @Mr. Radpants - Is there any point in having scouts progress to legendary? Why can't we have them all equal. It's totally out of anyone's control and if it's an advantage, then it's bad, and if it isn't nerfing them a little won't make a difference.

I hold the fastball steady, with a tight grip
So watch your dome already, cause this one might hit
Full count, do you want to mess with this? Zippro... (wo-wo-one of the best yet)

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Because I'd have to go look at every scout every year to make sure none of his ratings passed 179. Seriously, did you read the post where I looked at the ratings of every scout? The numerical differences in ratings are miniscule. They are functionally the same.

That explains things. Has anyone ever tested whether those two points make a difference though? Sometimes with games there's exponential effect with marginal differences at the peak. There must have been some point to the ratings? I was more suggesting that we all edit up rather than you cap at any point. Just have everyone on all legendary then you wouldn't need to check.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Back then it was more that legendary didn't mean much other than the name so it was a way to have variance without affecting the outcome of scouting too much

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Scouts are fine. You don't hear @Wolfman21 crying, he had by far the worst scout. I'm not sure if he hired the stiff off the streets or if I forgot to fix his ratings (sorry?) but he was like 40 points worse than everyone else.

Wolfman21

Scouts are fine. You don't hear @Wolfman21 crying, he had by far the worst scout. I'm not sure if he hired the stiff off the streets or if I forgot to fix his ratings (sorry?) but he was like 40 points worse than everyone else.

2019-Jan22-steveluvender-kyle-busch-gifs-2-thumbsup.gif

I couldn't care less. OSA is usually more correct than any scout i've ever used anyways.

doh

Yeah, I'm 100% in favor of this.
Yeah-- I added 3 guys to my 40-man the last week of the regular season when I went to 'upcoming FA'. Otherwise, I would have lost them including two-way TALENT Vo. It's pretty easy to lose talented guys.

doh

IC time counts as service time? That isn’t right.
It's (like real life) from the moment you sign a contract. I don't know the current MLB rules but it used to be you had 7 years to put someone on your 40 or they become a MLFA (if signed under 18) and 6 years if signed over 18.