• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2086 Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
schauwn and goblue both joined after that. you said you were in too but i guess that didn't happen then. i haven't been around to know, but it seems as though there is a low level of interest from the current owners, which is the biggest problem. i don't think that changes with a couple rule changes (although i thought some of them had been put in place already, idk)

So the new is the real suggestion, the changes to the league are secondary.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Karl has done a ton of work as an O over a lot of seasons for the WBL, so his opinion should hold a lot of value

but the reality is he does not want to start a new league, and it was pretty much the dividing factor between when the new league had momentum and when it came to a screeching halt. it also apparently made him upset that i did all this because he unleashed the BAN HAMMER on me, which is fascinating considering we've literally let people who ruined the league back in (cornfed and fignuts). He was the only current owner who wouldn't discuss anything with me via pm, and after he came back from a weekend away or something he started with "starting over seems drastic" and then rad joined in and it went off from there. if y'all are happy with the league as is, that's fine. yall kept tagging me in the NEW new league thread. if karl isnt on board it doesnt have legs and its not worth going over again

It's all water under the bridge now, but I was super pissed that you were pushing this new league & the only way I could respond was by walking uphill for half a mile and standing next to some cattle. You're no longer BANT.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I’m open to a new league if we have good retention of current owners, we’re able to bring back some good long time owners (OU is back and I hope I’ve been able to guilt @NML in the other thread) and possibly new people like @worst2first or @GuyIncognito who have shown interest in the past but maybe didn’t want to join a league in progress. A new league also has the benefit of creating a fresh league file that hasn’t been through 6-8 iterations of the game and the opportunity to implement any rule changes with less consequence. If we are going to lose a bunch of owners I’m not sure it’s a good idea, but I don’t want to be the one digging in this time.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I’m open to a new league if we have good retention of current owners, we’re able to bring back some good long time owners (OU is back and I hope I’ve been able to guilt @NML in the other thread) and possibly new people like @worst2first or @GuyIncognito who have shown interest in the past but maybe didn’t want to join a league in progress. A new league also has the benefit of creating a fresh league file that hasn’t been through 6-8 iterations of the game and the opportunity to implement any rule changes with less consequence. If we are going to lose a bunch of owners I’m not sure it’s a good idea, but I don’t want to be the one digging in this time.

Didn't @bruin228 express an interest too?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
@Orlando you ever find that Manatees logo? If not Imma have to request my main team be moved to Kansas City so I can get my team shirts printed up now that I'm in TWINKland.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm still okay with @NML saying the new league is the most important part of his proposal, I'm going to give it a go whether we do a new league or stay in the WBL so consider my vote with the majority. Re-joining right now is the same as joining a new league to me anyway.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This one or ar eyou tom bout the HD version?

miami_manatees.png

edit: def tom bout original with the shirts. Submit the 150x150 and see what the shirt looks like

Wolfman21

that works, though the green and purple reminds me a little too much of the casablanca time....may have to change that a little bit

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Imported 20 into 21, did all ma'updates and exported. So far 21 is a zillion times better than 20. Immersion: High - 60/80

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I have zero preference for new league or not... I thought the majority wanted new league? But it seems like most people are cool with either.

I just need the file if we do WBL. I have tried to import and it just won't work.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I have zero preference for new league or not... I thought the majority wanted new league? But it seems like most people are cool with either.

I just need the file if we do WBL. I have tried to import and it just won't work.
Did you update OOTP? That was the problem for me.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
lol @bruin228 I don't allow him access to a computer in the nook. How's he gonna export?

tenor.gif

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I don't think so... But I tried a bunch of different things and it never really worked.

There was a hotfix, make sure that's installed. That's why it was saying you & Hayvis were on a different version. I'm on 21.5 Build 76

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I actually think that works in its favor for a team in TJ. It looks like it's been on the side of a wood building selling tacos el pastor and trumpets

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I wish you hadn't posted that large picture of your logo so I didn't have to see how you made the trumpet darker

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I enjoy the watermark

Haha. I'm not paying for it....

Now do the fingers. How are you editing this?

I can't be bothered. Maybe tomorrow.

I always us pixlr. I generated a text part of the logo through a site, but obviously wasn't going to pay for it hence the water mark. I don't mind it slightly rough around the edges. Most stuff gets rendered anyway one way or another..