• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2086 Season Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Anyone else having a hell of a time importing their 20 game?

I'm going to break this GD computer.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Imagine a new league where we have to have this discussion over logos 10-15 times because @Orlando doesn't want to create them but won't approve of anyone else's....:laughing:

Let @goblue96 have his fucking team too. i'll design a logo if you like? I was thinking of basing the overall theme on McDonalds. Amsterdam looks like a clothing brand logo to me to me. It's art though so ITS FUNDAMENTALLY SUBJECTIVE, so everyone should quit fucking whinging and let people do their own thing or have the input they want over it. I could critique the artwork for the whole fucking league, but I never have because it doesn't matter and someone spent a lot of time doing it. The reluctance for change and criticism of any suggestion is what makes this league unfriendly and stagnant. I'm only still here because I appreciate it being half schtick half autism, and I'm a masochist.

Last edited:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Anyone else having a hell of a time importing their 20 game?

I'm going to break this GD computer.

You've got to copy over your 20 saved_games folder to your 21 folder and then import. Not sure why but you can't just navigate to the old folder to do the import in 21 like you could in 20 so copying that folder over is the only way to do it. Let me know if you have any issues and I'll post a vidya for you. It took a while to import but I'm running this on my old MacBook Air that's super slow and from 2017.

Wolfman21

You've got to copy over your 20 saved_games folder to your 21 folder and then import. Not sure why but you can't just navigate to the old folder to do the import in 21 like you could in 20 so copying that folder over is the only way to do it. Let me know if you have any issues and I'll post a vidya for you. It took a while to import but I'm running this on my old MacBook Air that's super slow and from 2017.

all i did was hit Import from OOTP 20 save in 21 and selected the world.dat file from our league and it loaded up in about 5 minutes

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Imagine a new league where we have to have this discussion over logos 10-15 times because @Orlando doesn't want to create them but won't approve of anyone else's....:laughing:

Let @goblue96 have his fucking team too. i'll design a logo if you like? I was thinking of basing the overall theme on McDonalds. Amsterdam looks like a clothing brand logo to me to me. It's art though so ITS FUNDAMENTALLY SUBJECTIVE, so everyone should quit fucking whinging and let people do their own thing or have the input they want over it. I could critique the artwork for the whole fucking league, but I never have because it doesn't matter and someone spent a lot of time doing it. The reluctance for change and criticism of any suggestion is what makes this league unfriendly and stagnant. I'm only still here because I appreciate it being half schtick half autism, and I'm a masochist.
Just because I don’t approve of it doesn’t mean you can’t use it. An no, there can be objectively bad art :laughing:

TonyGin&Juice

all i did was hit Import from OOTP 20 save in 21 and selected the world.dat file from our league and it loaded up in about 5 minutes

That's the way it used to work in MacOs but now you have to copy the folder over. Import worked fine in Linux and took all of five minutes but I don't export from this machine.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Tony is right for Mac. The game won’t let you access the old folder for whatever reason, so you have to do it as he said. My import took 5 or 10 minutes. My computer is from 2011, not 2016, thank you very much.

TonyGin&Juice

Tony is right for Mac. The game won’t let you access the old folder for whatever reason, so you have to do it as he said. My import took 5 or 10 minutes. My computer is from 2011, not 2016, thank you very much.

Did you click for it to update the logos and teams during import? I did and that's what likely took so long with my import but now all of my logos are working again.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Was it slander? I’m not even sure what he means.

It looks like the logo for a clothing company not a baseball team. It evokes zero sport to me to me, but this is subjective. Is it a magic eye? It looks like a magic eye. Can you see Babe Ruth in there if you squint hard enough?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Been working on a logo for you @goblue96 -

View attachment 14359

a87f4d2fb4196d77fde79547402bd4d5.gif