• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2086 Season Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
maxresdefault.jpg

NML

- league on the verge of dying
- owners talk about new league
- owners talk themselves into nothing actually being wrong with league
- rinse and repeat

A tale as old as time

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Make the new league! Ya'll want Karl to do all the hard work or whatever, and he's probably burned out on the fact that he has to sim every day and listen to everyone bitch. None of the complainers actually do anything! MAKE THE NEW LEAGUE! DO IT! PITTER PATTER!

That's really the truth. Starting a new league is a ton of work, and nobody wants to do it. That's fair. Criticizing everyone when you also don't want to put in the work is lame.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Just reset this league as it was when it went to the WBL, @Travis7401 - Job jobbed, not too difficult and owners can move franchises if they like. I can't see that would be too difficult. I']m sure all the original settings are there.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
It's best to stay with what we've got. @OU11 is right- what would be different aside from team names? Rule & settings changes need to be tested and I'm not sure if anyone wants to do that- I certainly don't.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yeah, that's compelling. Just start the exact same thing but without logos or history.

It would be more compelling to new players or people coming back. Just reset everyone on the same footing. Maybe don't reset the history then. No league is going to be vastly different anyway, and I never said get rid of the logos.

I HAVE THE MOST TO LOSE ANYWAY. I'm not trying to say this to my own benefit...

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Just reset this league as it was when it went to the WBL, @Travis7401 - Job jobbed, not too difficult and owners can move franchises if they like. I can't see that would be too difficult. I']m sure all the original settings are there.

If that's the deal just sim 20 years and start there. Losing the lore and history of the league for no reason just doesn't make sense. Just move ur franchises. If anybody wants a rule change test the league with that change a few times over the course of 20-30 seasons and make sure it doesn't ruin anything and we can talk about it.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If that's the deal just sim 20 years and start there. Losing the lore and history of the league for no reason just doesn't make sense. Just move ur franchises. If anybody wants a rule change test the league with that change a few times over the course of 20-30 seasons and make sure it doesn't ruin anything and we can talk about it.

Yes. This would be good., But then put everyone on the same finances. As I said before I have a great farm so it's not like I'm benefiting, jut trying to make it a bit more appealing to those coming back and breath a bit more life into it rather than SAME OLD FACES.

NML

Make the new league! Ya'll want Karl to do all the hard work or whatever, and he's probably burned out on the fact that he has to sim every day and listen to everyone bitch. None of the complainers actually do anything! MAKE THE NEW LEAGUE! DO IT! PITTER PATTER!

That's really the truth. Starting a new league is a ton of work, and nobody wants to do it. That's fair. Criticizing everyone when you also don't want to put in the work is lame.

don't play this card. i did all the hard work and then was told a new league wouldn't fix anything. yet here we are

im not having this argument again. "nothing's wrong" yet the league seems to have no discussion and like six active owners. if that's good enough and then idk why yall started another "nEw LeAgUe?" thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You didn't start the new league. You gave a lot of unsolicited advice and "help" to the person doing all the work.

NML

You didn't start the new league. You gave a lot of unsolicited advice and "help" to the person doing all the work.

lol i did about 40 PMs of recruiting, 10+ years of testing multiple financial set-ups, and made an official proposal with every change i would make

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
don't play this card. i did all the hard work and then was told a new league wouldn't fix anything. yet here we are

im not having this argument again. "nothing's wrong" yet the league seems to have no discussion and like six active owners. if that's good enough and then idk why yall started another "nEw LeAgUe?" thread

I don't know that it's the league's fault this is the case. When it was new for the first 30 seasons it got so popular we had to expand. Turns out playing the game for 6 years might squash interest if you have the same pool of players throughout

Yes. This would be good., But then put everyone on the same finances. As I said before I have a great farm so it's not like I'm benefiting, jut trying to make it a bit more appealing to those coming back and breath a bit more life into it rather than SAME OLD FACES.

I tried that, the problem was there wasn't a lot of diversity after that. I even blew up my team to personally climb the ranks and it wasn't hard. I was coming at it from an experienced perspective (which I didn't really give enough credence to back then) so I understand a new person won't feel the same confidence. We could tighten the range of finances but I would personally never want them all the same just because it makes less diversity. Even with me not knowing a damn thing anymore I wouldn't mind taking a shit team over to try and rebuild.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

i think there can be both something wrong and that a new league won’t fix it. That’s the main issue here. What will a new league fix?

NML

Karl has done a ton of work as an O over a lot of seasons for the WBL, so his opinion should hold a lot of value

but the reality is he does not want to start a new league, and it was pretty much the dividing factor between when the new league had momentum and when it came to a screeching halt. it also apparently made him upset that i did all this because he unleashed the BAN HAMMER on me, which is fascinating considering we've literally let people who ruined the league back in (cornfed and fignuts). He was the only current owner who wouldn't discuss anything with me via pm, and after he came back from a weekend away or something he started with "starting over seems drastic" and then rad joined in and it went off from there. if y'all are happy with the league as is, that's fine. yall kept tagging me in the NEW new league thread. if karl isnt on board it doesnt have legs and its not worth going over again

NML

i think there can be both something wrong and that a new league won’t fix it. That’s the main issue here. What will a new league fix?

my opinion has always been that you will be able to get new owners and (hopefully) can keep them engaged and that won't happen in the current league. I was also of the opinion that id rather try to save the "league" then just let it live on like this

if people just dont have time to be engaged like they once were, then maybe nothing can really save it, but i also see this forum explode with activity every time a new league is discussed

Wolfman21

my opinion has always been that you will be able to get new owners and (hopefully) can keep them engaged and that won't happen in the current league. I was also of the opinion that id rather try to save the "league" then just let it live on like this

if people just dont have time to be engaged like they once were, then maybe nothing can really save it, but i also see this forum explode with activity every time a new league is discussed

thats because the only time people post on here, its with schtick...and schtick can't really be used unless theres something controversial to post over....like a new league, broken rules, new rules, etc.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

But how would they stay engaged? Who are these new owners? This is the stuff you never really shared.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The truth is that the only people who want to play are dysfunctional cynics, and everything turns into a meta-conversation. Only possible outcome is the wheels stay within the wheels.

NML

But how would they stay engaged? Who are these new owners? This is the stuff you never really shared.

literally the opening post of the thread contained a list of owners who said they were interested and a plan to keep them engaged, so i don't know what more you want from me

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
literally the opening post of the thread contained a list of owners who said they were interested and a plan to keep them engaged, so i don't know what more you want from me

I went back and read your post and agree with everything you said. @Schauwn is back already as a co-manager of the Copenhagen TBAs, but we can do all of that in this curent league unless I missed something. So really the main draw of a new leauge is the new, right?

NML

schauwn and goblue both joined after that. you said you were in too but i guess that didn't happen then. i haven't been around to know, but it seems as though there is a low level of interest from the current owners, which is the biggest problem. i don't think that changes with a couple rule changes (although i thought some of them had been put in place already, idk)

Schauwn

schauwn and goblue both joined after that. you said you were in too but i guess that didn't happen then. i haven't been around to know, but it seems as though there is a low level of interest from the current owners, which is the biggest problem. i don't think that changes with a couple rule changes (although i thought some of them had been put in place already, idk)
Yeah, but then I quit again, so dont hold me up as proof of anything. I like the idea of playing this game, but find it tediously boring. And I like to avoid schtick as much as possible, so this league isn't for me.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You are right. My memory of that is bad I suppose. Looking back there wasn’t really anyone new and I felt blowing up the league for people who previously quit and don’t really post here anymore wasn’t ideal. I really wanted to hear from those people, but unless I’m misremembering again, no one really chimed in.

Reactions: NML