• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2067 Season Thread

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
The guy that hasn't even won a shamship has somehow ruined the league by being too good.
Utopia logic at work.

No numbnuts he's ruined the league being a habitual line stepper, shady contract giver, putting AAAA guys in A to help his prospect develop, and never once admitting he's wrong.

Soonerfan09

Except that he hasn't ruined anything. And even if it wasn't Wooly, you'll would find something else to bitch and moan about. There is nothing wrong with the league.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Except that he hasn't ruined anything. And even if it wasn't Wooly, you'll would find something else to bitch and moan about. There is nothing wrong with the league.
I would've loved to see Tony Montana deal with the league when Amsterdam won 5 straight ships.

But in all seriousness, I think the AAAA players in A ball might have been a secret sauce to having a bunch of scrubs become 5* machine pitchers.

Wolfman21

I would've loved to see Tony Montana deal with the league when Amsterdam won 5 straight ships.

But in all seriousness, I think the AAAA players in A ball might have been a secret sauce to having a bunch of scrubs become 5* machine pitchers.

Not to mention he has like a 99% success rate with prospects

TonyGin&Juice

@Reel was in the league at the time, right? The thing that's most irritating about our faux aspie cheater is his inability to actually win a ship. In my #fair_and_balanced league we have a mod that's been caught cheating but at least he had four ships in six years to show for it.

Which is a direct result of the AAAA guys being in A helping win games for them, especially the pitchers. If the "morale" didn't matter in development losing (or winning) wouldn't have any impact in how guys go from the fringe to FIVE STARZ STUDZ. Clearly something has caused his miraculous success rate with prospects and it has nothing to do with luck.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
@Reel was in the league at the time, right? The thing that's most irritating about our faux aspie cheater is his inability to actually win a ship. In my #fair_and_balanced league we have a mod that's been caught cheating but at least he had four ships in six years to show for it.

Which is a direct result of the AAAA guys being in A helping win games for them, especially the pitchers. If the "morale" didn't matter in development losing (or winning) wouldn't have any impact in how guys go from the fringe to FIVE STARZ STUDZ. Clearly something has caused his miraculous success rate with prospects and it has nothing to do with luck.

what dis got to do with me tho?

TonyGin&Juice

It's dumb luck he hasn't won a shampship.

The alternating contract years so he can suck up all the IFAs just kills it for me, sorry.

Selling draft picks to buy more IFAs when you have the highest budget doesn't help. @doh has done that before but he was always ruthless with the contracts and didn't fuckstick it up by handing out slave wage alternating contracts to GOATS because the game engine is broken.

TonyGin&Juice

Im sure Tony did, but he was probably actually agreeing with the move as is his way

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you have the money to sign them without resorting to fuckstick nonsense I don't have any problem with paying IFAs $20M+. ShookWolf signed a guy last year for, I think, $21M that's going to be lucky to make it to AA if his power doesn't develop. Besides, wasn't the Requero signing right before Beefalo went down the shitter in terms of budget and winning? Had I had any sense I wouldn't have extended these bums when I was on the $180M budget tip and bought some of those players like you guys did.

Wolfman21

If you have the money to sign them without resorting to fuckstick nonsense I don't have any problem with paying IFAs $20M+. ShookWolf signed a guy last year for, I think, $21M that's going to be lucky to make it to AA if his power doesn't develop. Besides, wasn't the Requero signing right before Beefalo went down the shitter in terms of budget and winning? Had I had any sense I wouldn't have extended these bums when I was on the $180M budget tip and bought some of those players like you guys did.

Signing that guy was stupid. I should have known hed be shit

doh

It's more like 300% when you look at his insane pitching staff:

Lucatoni -- $1.4m IFA
Hayne -- $650k IFA
Ramirez -- $350k IFA

Not to mention the $2+m guys all hitting. I've had tons and tons of guys just flame out.

So 3/5 of the best rotation the game has ever seen for nothing in the current climate of IFA. Maybe it's a coincidence. Maybe it's extreme luck. Maybe it's having all of those players play on .800 win% minor league teams that help devo.

Wolfman21

xKc1-1.gif

doh

So you want me to believe all that matters is A ball wins?
If you come from the perspective that players mostly flame out or burst at the A-level, then yes it matters a lot.

Once a guy has played in A-ball, you can normally ID if they're going to be good or bad way easier than before A.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Then why don't we see the same trend with other teams who traditionally have good A squads?

doh

Then why don't we see the same trend with other teams who traditionally have good A squads?
Have any other teams been as dominant as his? No one is close to consistently that good.

Last 10 years: 5x 1st place, 2x 2nd place by 1 game and the other 3 within 5 games of title. Worst Win % .560.

Everywhere else you have a lot of variance at A depending on quality of prospects. Last year they had a .800 win % which is insane for any minors team.