• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2065 Off Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Orlando forcing the logo of my most hated rival on me

tenor.gif
:laughing: to be fair I did not create your logo. I just pulled it off the forums. When we talked about your logo I did mention that I liked the retro LA Kings stuff.

Reactions: NML

osick87

Community Liaison
If you're doing a LA Kings theme then @NML should have a minor league team called the Manchester Miracle

Wooly

They're 16-17... they can learn and get better by playing a lot in the minors. McLean (the guy I gave away to Tony Montana) looked like he had zero chance to play catcher and he's looking like an decent defensive catcher.
Well maybe a couple have very little catcher experience and will grow into something decent then. I have never gone the C route in IFA, so maybe they can develop. IFA seems like a very expensive way to go to hope for a player to develop defensively though.

Wolfman21

Well maybe a couple have very little catcher experience and will grow into something decent then. I have never gone the C route in IFA, so maybe they can develop. IFA seems like a very expensive way to go to hope for a player to develop defensively though.

IFA is a very expensive way to blow money most of the time. But it is an effective way to bring in young talent if you've got the money to spend

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Just locked up Randy Gadd for the rest of his prime years. Now I have the worst team money can buy.

- Ploeg: 10-and-5 rights, $27M AAV for the next five years
- Bjorno (aka Wade Boggs): Five plus years at $16M AAV.
- Gadd: five years at $20M AAV

Now I just need to extend Ichi the Killer on a ridiculous overpay and I'll be all set.

Wolfman21

Cool thing i noticed...tangles escamilla has lost 5 pts off of his contact and gap power once he turned 30...but hes added 5 pts to his eye. Not sure ive ever seen someone add points to their ratings after reaching 30. He did have the best season of his career last season as far as walks go

Wolfman21

As g-d intended. Now I just need to ship Joosten and the rest of the OSA five starrrrrrrz out of town for over the hill bums and my master plan will be complete.

Hell, id give you not over the hill, actual good players for the likes of joosten. Step into my office...

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Cool thing i noticed...tangles escamilla has lost 5 pts off of his contact and gap power once he turned 30...but hes added 5 pts to his eye. Not sure ive ever seen someone add points to their ratings after reaching 30. He did have the best season of his career last season as far as walks go
This is somewhat common. I've seen pitchers lose stuff and add control or movement as well.

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
The simming commissioner has partaken in many birthday refreshments.

Sim will be done when the driving party it's at home

You Adil lask this GM, it allows the stragglers to make a month hall let me deal.

Door 3 buds

osick87

Community Liaison
The simming commissioner has partaken in many birthday refreshments.

Sim will be done when the driving party it's at home

You Adil lask this GM, it allows the stragglers to make a month hall let me deal.

Door 3 buds

You can really tell when I stopped proof reading my sentences

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Well... I hope to get bigger IFAs too so if people don't want to put up bids they can hold off.

Wolfman21

yeah, same here. Not sure who all is in the bidding process this cycle. I know me and you...looks like osick. Not sure who else

NML

I do, I just think ur asking price is too much.

I also have a couple great relievers, I moreso need to round out the pen. He's more of a luxury to me to me.

NML

Yeah doh is selling low, not sure what he expected. Wrong side of 30 and coming off his worst season yet seems like he's on the back half of his career. Not going to get much interest since he's making $9m+.

I was interested but he wanted too much for me (or anyone)

Soonerfan09

Yeah doh is selling low, not sure what he expected. Wrong side of 30 and coming off his worst season yet seems like he's on the back half of his career. Not going to get much interest since he's making $9m+.

Doh was selling low, but I wasn't going to call out his trading strategy like that. I prefer a more indirect approach.

Last edited:

doh

I'm definitely selling low. Going all out in IFA this year and would like to open up another $9.2m.

But I'm not giving him away. He's a top 10 RP in the game and "wrong side of 30" = LOL. He just turned 30 and probably has minimum 3-4 elite years left. RPs can be very good into their mid to late 30s in the game. I'd like some value back. I'm not getting/thinking I'll get a huge package for him but I'm not going to trade him for nothing.

Soonerfan09

To be clear, I wasn't saying he was bad or even that he wasn't worth what you were asking. I was just expressing my discontent with Lloyd driving up the price (assuming he was serious).

NML

Don't be hyperdohle

MINIMUM 3-4 ELITE YEARS LEFT

He was barely (if at all) above average last year

NML

To be clear, I wasn't saying he was bad or even that he wasn't worth what you were asking. I was just expressing my discontent with Lloyd driving up the price (assuming he was serious).

Lloyd was mocking Wooly - that's what he gave me for my two relievers before everyone mocked him and then he backpedaled like he was quitting (after defending the trade initially)

Now he's cursed forever by the disgusted look of KG

doh

Don't be hyperdohle

MINIMUM 3-4 ELITE YEARS LEFT

He was barely (if at all) above average last year
He's a RP. They have random years that are worse than their ability/rest of the career. Year before he had a 2.54 FIP.

Can Son last 4 year FIPs: 2.00, 2.73, 4.54 (at 31!! omgZ he's on da wrong side of 30 and is done!!!!!), 2.47

NML

And plenty keep tailing off

There's no guarantee either way. That's why you won't get a "gr8 prospect" back for him, especially on that salary

doh

There's no guarantee RPs will be great like a position player almost always is (then again look at Rodriguez on my teams last 5 years of WAR-- all over 6 except 2063 a dud 3.1 followed by a 8.1 this last season).

Players in the game have dud years. RPs especially. But even in his worst season he still had a top 20 FIP amongst RP last year.

The other deal is the most RPs you have like Katulsky the more chances you have that you'll get a great year out of your bullpen. You have a great chance of a sub 3 FIP RP which IMO are valuable. He has a career 2.73 ERA/2.67 FIP both of which are probably top 3-4 amongst active RP too. There aren't excactly a ton of guys like him in the game.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
There's no guarantee RPs will be great like a position player almost always is (then again look at Rodriguez on my teams last 5 years of WAR-- all over 6 except 2063 a dud 3.1 followed by a 8.1 this last season).

Players in the game have dud years. RPs especially. But even in his worst season he still had a top 20 FIP amongst RP last year.

The other deal is the most RPs you have like Katulsky the more chances you have that you'll get a great year out of your bullpen. You have a great chance of a sub 3 FIP RP which IMO are valuable. He has a career 2.73 ERA/2.67 FIP both of which are probably top 3-4 amongst active RP too. There aren't excactly a ton of guys like him in the game.

You sold me babby. Send me Kats and $9M in cash and I'll send you my fifth, @Travis7401 fifth, and @NML fifth.