• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2065 Off Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Cotterell put up sustained stats into his late 30's, but didn't play the field after age 29.
Robles put up monster seasons through age 27/28. Then became a liability in the OF.

Those would be the others under consideration. Maybe Roddis as well. Erryone else don't live up to the HoF metrics in the sidebar.
Kiene and Torres though?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
To me Henny's bat was good enough to ignore the fact he was a DH most his career. He also played for Borg his entire career and was the team captain for three ships. That's obviously a bias for me, but there is more to the HoF thanks JAWs haha.

I'm sure Weber won't get much love either, but he was an elite defender at one point and an MVP with 500+ HR.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Kiene and Torres though?
Kiene had 3 seasons of 8+ WAR. 4 others with 5+ WAR with a few 4+ sprinkled in. Led the league in BB/9 4x.
Torres is borderline. Still effective through 36. Posting 4 WAR seasons continually.

Both with a career 3.5 or so ERA. Each earning a pitching wizard award.

Why shouldn't they be considered to you guys?

NML

I think the odd part is that you are giving votes for the longevity pitchers but not the longevity bats

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
It's an offensive driven league. Of course the pitcher should hold more sway for longevity.

NML

Vote for whoever you want, man.

I don't get the "offensive driven league" comment though

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Tell ya what, will retract my ballot since my viewpoints are skewed to the majority. My b
This is just debate man. Vote for whoever you want. I don't put much stock into pitcher WAR. I thought Naz was on par with Kiene and Torres, that's why I asked.

Wolfman21

I voted for the most folks this year as I've ever voted for. I think I put 7 or 8 in. Usually im only at like 3 or 4

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
This is just debate man. Vote for whoever you want. I don't put much stock into pitcher WAR. I thought Naz was on par with Kiene and Torres, that's why I asked.
Wasn't you that drove the issue. NML and dohseph continue to run counter to whatever it is I bring up, regardless of topic. Dunno if it's their prerogative or what.

Bit thin skinned today from loading up the car and triple checking to make sure nothing imperative is left at home. So, in hindsight, shouldn't have even brought up whom GM Fig Nuts is voting for.

NML

Wasn't you that drove the issue. NML and dohseph continue to run counter to whatever it is I bring up, regardless of topic. Dunno if it's their prerogative or what.

Bit thin skinned today from loading up the car and triple checking to make sure nothing imperative is left at home. So, in hindsight, shouldn't have even brought up whom GM Fig Nuts is voting for.

I don't even disagree with ur ballot haha. I was just pointing out why others were questioning it.

Glad you brought it up, not much else to talk about this sim (which is why I threw out the "highest paid FA" question)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
FWIW, I'd put Torres in. I think he was very good for a long time (7th all-time WAR) and had a peak worthy of a Cy Young. He also had 14 post-season wins with a 2.74 ERA.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Looks like I misconstrued you alls posts then. Haha. My apologies! We strong fam.

Don't worry Tony. No thoughts of a jihad strike upon the WBL.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
FWIW, I'd put Torres in. I think he was very good for a long time (7th all-time WAR) and had a peak worthy of a Cy Young. He also had 14 post-season wins with a 2.74 ERA.
Torres over Naz?

NML

So when will we switch to 18? Do we need to talk rule changes with the new features?

doh

I'd put him before Naz. 1000 more IP, 33 more WARs won and a similar ERA (3.48 vs 3.51). 50 more wins. Plus Naz playoff numbers are bad. But to me Naz deserves consideration.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'd put him before Naz. 1000 more IP, 33 more WARs won and a similar ERA (3.48 vs 3.51). 50 more wins. Plus Naz playoff numbers are bad. But to me Naz deserves consideration.
I don't disagree. I'm obviously biased and I probably give Naz credit because he was a SP with 35 stamina. I think he was unique and pitched well until he was like 40 in the pen. The longest winning streak ever and that nearly undefeated season were pretty cool. He lost his first start that year and went on to go 22-0 after with what I think was one of the best seasons ever. Probably not enough, but fun player.

NML

Yeah WBC was the main thing. I don't know about any others.

Anyone know how it will affect players? Do we have options with that?

Mostly I'm interested to know if it will change development and/or cause injuries (either directly or indirectly), or if it's just a sim for entertainment.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Yeah WBC was the main thing. I don't know about any others.

Anyone know how it will affect players? Do we have options with that?

Mostly I'm interested to know if it will change development and/or cause injuries (either directly or indirectly), or if it's just a sim for entertainment.
Haven't touched 18 yet. But from reading the subreddit, the WBC replaces ST when it comes around. So it'd be similar with dev and injury risk.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
So far this offseason I've sold two good players for the low low price of bad players, let's keep it up!

Anyone want Farrusco? Consistent power guy, amazing defensive catcher, 3-4 WAR
Have a lank to this defensive wizkid?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We turn off injuries for ST, so we could do the same for WBC. I think you can create your own international tournament as well and we could run that prior to ST to make those FA sims more interesting. @Yankee151 have you looked into that?

doh

Other thing about WBC -- will it be totally done by the computer (like the All-Star game) or can we control teams? Maybe we could do a draft of who manages which teams?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Other thing about WBC -- will it be totally done by the computer (like the All-Star game) or can we control teams? Maybe we could do a draft of who manages which teams?
Take this with a grain assault, but wanna say it is wholly AI driven.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I also couldve extendes him at like 5M per a couple years ago but I was a little worried he would fall off in power. Still going strong tho.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
+ at least 30 HR every year from the catcher position. Guy is damn good.

League leader in the last three years was Fernandez (39,42,39) so 30 HRs is a ton.

He's also blind. A season with a .177 average is definitely in his future.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I also couldve extendes him at like 5M per a couple years ago but I was a little worried he would fall off in power. Still going strong tho.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yeah. I'm happy he panned out for you. His power is real. High avoid K and high power is an interesting combo.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah IDK. He never really walks but he just hits bombs, which is about as much as you can expect from a catcher.