• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2065 Off Season Thread

kingssc

Jephson exercised his option @Orlando @Yankee151 :(

When do you guys usually move people out of INT into your minors? Love Machine just turned 18, wondering if I should pull him out of Wooly's INT now.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
He had died after his first season in my system (despite great stats :dunno). I was surprised you still wanted him so much. That said, if you have good bats in other positions, his glove is still elite.
Wonder if it has to do with all of those injuries too. I think players who get hurt a lot have their development hindered. @Karl Hungus @NML

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Jephson exercised his option @Orlando @Yankee151 :(

When do you guys usually move people out of INT into your minors? Love Machine just turned 18, wondering if I should pull him out of Wooly's INT now.
That's a bummer. I still got Coral for one more year at least.

Leaving him in wooly's INT is risky because you don't know what his dev budget is. If yours is low I suppose it doesnt matter. He seems about ready for A to me though.

I generally move players to A if they have a few ratings 45 or higher or if i slash A and need more players there haha.

doh

Looking for: 3B, SP, prospects

Have: 2B Roderick Gale (bad D, huge RH bat)
LF Baz Ubaydah (3.8 WAR in 119 games this year, LH bat)
2B/SS/3B Etelson Espregueira (great utility guy, solid RH bat)
2B Fogarty Jaggar (about ready.. OSA sez 4.5 STaRrRRzZ potential)
RP Mao-you Guao (gr8 movement-- career 2.58 ERA)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Very tough HOF year. Filled my ballot but had to leave some guys off.

Carrier
Henny
Fernandes
Paz
Wong
Karpetbomber
Kiene
Ping
Mosterd
Naz
Wong

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The Buffalo offseason is going about as well as expected.

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/leagues/league_100_news_19932.html

Horsley Hurt Installing Fixture
Monday, October 20th, 2064
Buffalo second baseman Cameron Horsley will miss at least a week after straining his back in a fall at his home. The injury occurred as he was attempting to install a light fixture. "I was standing on a step-stool and just kind of lost my footing and fell to the floor," said Horsley. "I was actually pretty lucky. I could have easily been injured much worse." Despite being laid up for the next week, Horsley says he's looking on the "bright side", so to speak. "Hey, at least I was able to get the light working before I fell!"

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/leagues/league_100_news_20173.html

[xtable=cellpadding:8|cellspacing:0|968x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top|120x@} {/td}
{td=top|490x@}McCord in Hospital After Electrical Mishap
Tuesday, November 18th, 2064
Murricans starting pitcher Rusty McCord is recovering at a local hospital today and is reportedly in fair condition after suffering a severe electrical shock at his home yesterday. According to team officials McCord, had been doing some remodeling in his basement when he was electrocuted by an exposed wire. An initial report late last night indicated McCord was unconscious when an ambulance arrived and that he may have gone into cardiac arrest while being transported to the hospital, but that rumor could not be substantiated today. "Frankly, he's lucky to be alive," said teammate José Requero, who visited McCord in the hospital this morning. "His doctors say his prognosis is very good, but he's gonna be out of commission for a little while." A hospital spokesman indicated that McCord will likely be released tomorrow. However, team officials suggest it may be at least a week before he will be allowed to return to full activity.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

6NNfflE.gif

@Lloyd Carr

NML

Predictions on biggest pay day in FA?

I'm guessing either Kiene or Claas. I felt like Claas for sure, but then he took a hit in stuff. Someone with a hole at CF (tony) is going to throw everything at Kiene.

Could also see Funk getting a one year, $20m deal or something

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

I'm guessing either Kiene or Claas. I felt like Claas for sure, but then he took a hit in stuff. Someone with a hole at CF (tony) is going to throw everything at Kiene.

I have $6M to spend. If he's willing to take $6M great, if not he can go be an overpaid bum for someone else. Kiene's got two, maybe three, years left as a CF and then he'll be a bum LF/RF. Good luck to whoever bids him up.

Besides, I don't really have a hole at CF, Baja Blast was injured just as he was about to get on his horse and pass the 2+ WAR mark. Consider Joosten isn't that far away from being ready I don't mind Baja Blast being the nine hole black hole at the plate.

doh

Very tough HOF year. Filled my ballot but had to leave some guys off.

Carrier
Henny
Fernandes
Paz
Wong
Karpetbomber
Kiene
Ping
Mosterd
Naz
Wong
I went Carrier, Alchemist, Paz, Roddis, Wong, Serguin as no brainers. Torres, Robles and Dean Juarez as should be in.

But yeah IMO we have a bit of a backup at this point. There are a couple SP I would put in but we have guys like Seguin (596 HR), Juarez (600+ HR with a .296 avg) who can't get in.

doh

Claas in terms of AAV should get the highest. I'd predict Keine in terms of total value.

In terms of age, product, value, etc. Fernandez is the best FA but last time he was a FA, he got signed for basically nothing.

osick87

Community Liaison

Not FA but Zulu extension

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I went Carrier, Alchemist, Paz, Roddis, Wong, Serguin as no brainers. Torres, Robles and Dean Juarez as should be in.

But yeah IMO we have a bit of a backup at this point. There are a couple SP I would put in but we have guys like Seguin (596 HR), Juarez (600+ HR with a .296 avg) who can't get in.
The problem is not enough people vote.

Wooly

LOL @Wooly. Missed out on two future 1st to let the guy walk in free agency.

This is what happens when you are out of town and drinking. I was negotiating resigning him. :(

I checked out after my 2nd Round playoff loss and haven't checked into the league again until this morning.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
This is what happens when you are out of town and drinking. I was negotiating resigning him. :(

I checked out after my 2nd Round playoff loss and haven't checked into the league again until this morning.

Should have extended him when he'd take $12M AAV. I hope ultimate SL heel @Wolfman21 bids him up. I would but I'm paying some bum Nelson (@MSUFanatic) $15M to go with the $30M to Ploeg and $15M to the Bjorno.

Wooly

Should have extended him when he'd take $12M AAV. I hope ultimate SL heel @Wolfman21 bids him up. I would but I'm paying some bum Nelson (@MSUFanatic) $15M to go with the $30M to Ploeg and $15M to the Bjorno.
Yeah, I was distracted and missed the end of the season. I was waiting to see if I won a ship this year. If I did, I was probably going to let Kiene and several others walk, and start a new team for FAX. If not, I was going to resign him. That is why I waited.

Wolfman21

Yeah, I was distracted and missed the end of the season. I was waiting to see if I won a ship this year. If I did, I was probably going to let Kiene and several others walk, and start a new team for FAX. If not, I was going to resign him. That is why I waited.

Why would i bid kiene up when i have 3 CF's better than he is?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
2-3 more? Hrmmm... Have but 7 on mine.

1B Carrier, SP Fernandes, CL Karpenkov, SP Kiene, 3B Seguin, SP Torres and C Wong

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The other catchers definitely weren't done any favors playing/being on the same ballot as Pei-Wei.

That is an odd seven @fignuts

NML

I feel like there were three or four SURE FIRE HoF guys on the ballot last year and they are all back again. Don't have the game in front of me, but how a couple of those guys didn't get in, I'll never know

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
The other catchers definitely weren't done any favors playing/being on the same ballot as Pei-Wei.

That is an odd seven @fignuts
Cotterell put up sustained stats into his late 30's, but didn't play the field after age 29.
Robles put up monster seasons through age 27/28. Then became a liability in the OF.

Those would be the others under consideration. Maybe Roddis as well. Erryone else don't live up to the HoF metrics in the sidebar.

doh

Cotterell put up sustained stats into his late 30's, but didn't play the field after age 29.
Robles put up monster seasons through age 27/28. Then became a liability in the OF.

Those would be the others under consideration. Maybe Roddis as well. Erryone else don't live up to the HoF metrics in the sidebar.
5th (3,500+) in hits and 3rd in HRs (almost 700) isn't enough for Cotterell? Lulz

Robles is a career .325 hitter with 513 HR.