• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2064 Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
there were arguments for and against that. it was possible that double the average was better and most went with it in case, but if it was better it was very slight.
It's just really hard to prove the effectiveness of one single variable.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I'm just gonna be done with this, it's not being a dick at all but y'all do you.

I love that Tankee liked this. He's the other GM that has guys over 25 in A but I give him a pass since he doesn't splerg out on shit.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Don't be a Toby
last export for a while is just replacing my single a team with 30 year olds. I can't believe I'm on wooly's side but I am. this is such a stupid thing to care about it actually makes me want to actively do it just to make the babbies upset.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
last export for a while is just replacing my single a team with 30 year olds. I can't believe I'm on wooly's side but I am. this is such a stupid thing to care about it actually makes me want to actively do it just to make the babbies upset.

You dick riding for the worst team tonight.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Damn. Kinda unexpected, but you do you I guess.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Damn. Kinda unexpected, but you do you I guess.
not going to actually put 30 year olds on the team because id have to open the game. just not into the bickering over absolutely nothing all the time

NML

Live shot of OU throwing his tantrum

tenor.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
not going to actually put 30 year olds on the team because id have to open the game. just not into the bickering over absolutely nothing all the time
:laughing: well this is a WBL thread and you just described the NBA thread and this place in general really.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
:laughing: well this is a WBL thread and you just described the NBA thread and this place in general really.
NBA thread isn't always bickering, only when the trolls come. this thread has been for sure, but this is just so dumb and it's been going on so long.

definitely not gonna tank your prospects. absolutely zero chance. not gonna make a big enough difference that anybody would notice either. sorry to burst the persecution complex yall

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
OU must be Markus's circ to make a claim like that
I have shitty minors every year and I've had a lot of success with prospects. I've been seeing it for about 25 seasons if you take out the ones I wasn't paying attention. but maybe they changed it in 17, this is the one I have spent the least time with. although mine are doing just fine in A this year and the team blows

NML

I have shitty minors every year and I've had a lot of success with prospects. I've been seeing it for about 25 seasons if you take out the ones I wasn't paying attention. but maybe they changed it in 17, this is the one I have spent the least time with. although mine are doing just fine in A this year and the team blows

It's not just team success, it's the individual success too. A 19 year old prospect will do better against other 19 years old than 30 year olds.

If performance didn't matter, you could just immediately put ur best prospects in the majors. Sure they'd suck for a couple years, but they'd still develop the same. Ask @Reel and @ZackMills how that works out

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's not just team success, it's the individual success too. A 19 year old prospect will do better against other 19 years old than 30 year olds.

If performance didn't matter, you could just immediately put ur best prospects in the majors. Sure they'd suck for a couple years, but they'd still develop the same. Ask @Reel and @ZackMills how that works out
Zo was one of those guys. You want to see how that works out? I got you.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
NBA thread isn't always bickering, only when the trolls come. this thread has been for sure, but this is just so dumb and it's been going on so long.

definitely not gonna tank your prospects. absolutely zero chance. not gonna make a big enough difference that anybody would notice either. sorry to burst the persecution complex yall
Man that NBA thread sure seems like constant bickering.

I don't think it will tank prospects. I never said that. I honestly don't care. Other people did. @Karl Hungus was especially squeaky and riled people up so it just seemed simple to ask people to keep their minors somewhat realistic.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Man that NBA thread sure seems like constant bickering.

I don't think it will tank prospects. I never said that. I honestly don't care. Other people did. @Karl Hungus was especially squeaky and riled people up so it just seemed simple to ask people to keep their minors somewhat realistic.

Because RUSS brings the trolls. If I talk about RUSS realistically in there they will still troll so instead I troll back. But when paw brick and leach aren't in there it can have good convos

Am I still not allowed to quit, because I'm about to really do a wild test that will definitely fuck it up for someone who comes after me

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
it's a constant battle of who trolled first. There are plenty of preemptive Russ posts haha.

And quitting is against the rules.

NML

That's what makes the russ posts even worse, you don't even think they are trolling haha

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Then all my prospects are going straight to the WBL. Let's see how many just die. They'll all have terrible moral, go against competition that they can't possibly compete with and my dev budget won't affect them because they are in the majors.

This is the absolute worst possible situation for a prospect, certainly worse than them playing AA players in A.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's what makes the russ posts even worse, you don't even think they are trolling haha

Unless they are by Guy they are trolling. Guy definitely isn't though, he's on another level

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Say what?

Then all my prospects are going straight to the WBL. Let's see how many just die. They'll all have terrible moral, go against competition that they can't possibly compete with and my dev budget won't affect them because they are in the majors.

This is the absolute worst possible situation for a prospect, certainly worse than them playing AA players in A.
They will all be happy to be in the majors though!

Does dev budget really not matter for the majors?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
They will all be happy to be in the majors though!

Does dev budget really not matter for the majors?

Honestly idk, if it does they'll be fine but I could have sworn I read posts from devs saying that being in AAA gives them more "dev" than being in the majors. That was at least a version ago though. And their morale is definitely going to be shit, all my levels morale is shit and they won't win so it'll still be shit. My players will never be happy until they win 90+

I guess we'll find out though. Is Osick simming?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Honestly idk, if it does they'll be fine but I could have sworn I read posts from devs saying that being in AAA gives them more "dev" than being in the majors. That was at least a version ago though. And their morale is definitely going to be shit, all my levels morale is shit and they won't win so it'll still be shit. My players will never be happy until they win 90+

I guess we'll find out though. Is Osick simming?
Yeah it makes sense it would be less, but $70m dev budget should help. I was thinking about bringing up Ortiz actually.

I assumed he was. Did you want to?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Damn, @osick87.

giphy.gif

3 season-ending injuries throughout the league this last sim and another lasting a month.

'Pooky' fractured a foot attempting to run the bases. Expected out for 4 weeks.
'Banjo' injured hisself during a defensive play. Broken kneecap. Out 8-9 months.
'Detective' Hodges suffered a ruptured achilles while running the bases. About a 4 month recovery time.
Lastly, we find SP E. Torres heading to the disabled list for 3 months from a hamstring strain after throwing 2 pitches in last start.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

No, ur such a stupid thing

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I can't believe anyone would export to troll, or really even export to begin with. Do you guys not have jobs and fun stuff to do out west? You do export I guess, I'll do life