• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2064 Season Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
LOL at people who care about A-ball. I'm OU. Who gives a shit?

I do.

No one seems to know for sure how (or if) morale affects development. I think it does, so having prospects get mauled by 30 year olds who shouldn't be in the division pissed me off. It's not like Wooly just signed these guys and forgot about them. He assigned them roles on the team.

At the very least, it's a violation of the DBAD rule. @Wooly 's habitual line stepping is old. I'm tired of it.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
It's not just team success, it's the individual success too. A 19 year old prospect will do better against other 19 years old than 30 year olds.

If performance didn't matter, you could just immediately put ur best prospects in the majors. Sure they'd suck for a couple years, but they'd still develop the same. Ask @Reel and @ZackMills how that works out

they schleep brah. they dont wanna hear you

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Whats funny about him wanting to make babbies upset is he spent like 5 pages being the biggest babby in the league last night.
I just know it doesn't matter and this has been brought up continually for a long time. This isn't the first time it's been brought up, probably the 10th time over the last few months.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I do.

No one seems to know for sure how (or if) morale affects development. I think it does, so having prospects get mauled by 30 year olds who shouldn't be in the division pissed me off. It's not like Wooly just signed these guys and forgot about them. He assigned them roles on the team.

At the very least, it's a violation of the DBAD rule. @Wooly 's habitual line stepping is old. I'm tired of it.

If my export took all my best prospects are in the worst situation getting beat up on by much worse than single A 30 year olds. Now you can see if you need to fret about it so hard.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I just know it doesn't matter and this has been brought up continually for a long time. This isn't the first time it's been brought up, probably the 10th time over the last few months.
This is only the second time it became an actual discussion. Every other time it was just random whining. I dunno why this time triggered you so much.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Probably because I've only seen the whining posts and then don't come back in the thread for a week or two and then it happens to be on the same day. It's just a weird thing to get mad about, especially since I've noticed wooly making an effort until everyone piles on about something dumb and he makes an even more stupid comment about quitting in 4 years.

Unless they love being shit on like wolf, it just drives people out. Wooly may be irredeemable to you'll and if he is just kick him out. Otherwise stop trying to min max the game and see if he stays on as a good owner. He at least puts time in the game and if he can learn how to interact socially within the league he'd be a good owner.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Right, which is basically what I have always said. I also don't think it's ridiculous to ask people to keep their minors somewhat in check. I'm not going to police it or anything, but if it bothers people it didn't seem like a big deal to me.

@Karl Hungus having a role assigned means nothing. I also think that the only way this would be a true hibderance to dev is if every team did it except you.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Right, which is basically what I have always said. I also don't think it's ridiculous to ask people to keep their minors somewhat in check. I'm not going to police it or anything, but if it bothers people it didn't seem like a big deal to me.

@Karl Hungus having a role assigned means nothing. I also think that the only way this would be a true hibderance to dev is if every team did it except you.

I've been trying to get people to keep their minors in order since 2012 in the UBL. That's probably also part of the trigger. Nobody cared about A or AA until wooly, I tried to reform that shit for years. I even tried this exact thing where I wanted to get people to treat it realistically.

I should have waited for wolf to make a mistake and used how much everyone hated him to get my rules passed.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Unless they love being shit on like wolf, it just drives people out. Wooly may be irredeemable to you'll and if he is just kick him out. Otherwise stop trying to min max the game and see if he stays on as a good owner. He at least puts time in the game and if he can learn how to interact socially within the league he'd be a good owner.

That's the problem though - he can't interact socially. I mean, I don't dump on @doh or @Yankee151 for doing similar fuckstick stuff but neither of those guys writes splerg dissertations about the minutiae of his pitching staff while doing bizarre things like saying the trade deadline doesn't matter and writing 25 paragraph posts about how everyone is wrong but me (at least on the OOTP section). Everyone line steps in this league at some point and most of us get called out on and don't do it again. He said he'd stop doing this exact same fuckstick shit last time he got called out on it and yet does it again but says "I don't pay attention to my A team".

By the way, the trade deadline is after this next sim. Best not be any fuckstickery going on this go round.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I've been trying to get people to keep their minors in order since 2012 in the UBL. That's probably also part of the trigger. Nobody cared about A or AA until wooly, I tried to reform that shit for years. I even tried this exact thing where I wanted to get people to treat it realistically.

I should have waited for wolf to make a mistake and used how much everyone hated him to get my rules passed.
But no one wants to police that rule. So we just filed it under the don't be a dick rule, but people also shouldnt be dicks about enforcing it. People pick on wooly about it because it's wooly, but also I assume because he said he did it for immersion.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's the problem though - he can't interact socially. I mean, I don't dump on @doh or @Yankee151 for doing similar fuckstick stuff but neither of those guys writes splerg dissertations about the minutiae of his pitching staff while doing bizarre things like saying the trade deadline doesn't matter and writing 25 paragraph posts about how everyone is wrong but me (at least on the OOTP section). Everyone line steps in this league at some point and most of us get called out on and don't do it again. He said he'd stop doing this exact same fuckstick shit last time he got called out on it and yet does it again but says "I don't pay attention to my A team".

By the way, the trade deadline is after this next sim. Best not be any fuckstickery going on this go round.

Then kick him out.

TonyGin&Juice

Then kick him out.

Honestly, I actually like @Wooly when he's not being weird and in full-on out of control Aspie mode. I mean, you have to admit it's bizarre that the guy most obsessed with "immersion" is doing something like this by accident. It just, to me, seem like a really weird thing to do twice if you weren't doing it on purpose, to me.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Tony, you are the last one who should complain about the style or length of someone's posts. You are also breaking the don't be a dick rule by ripping constantly on someone for this but cutting doh a break. Doh is the original wooly in many ways.

TonyGin&Juice

Tony, you are the last one who should complain about the style or length of someone's posts. You are also breaking the don't be a dick rule by ripping constantly on someone for this but cutting doh a break. Doh is the original wooly in many ways.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Honestly, I actually like @Wooly when he's not being weird and in full-on out of control Aspie mode. I mean, you have to admit it's bizarre that the guy most obsessed with "immersion" is doing something like this by accident. It just, to me, seem like a really weird thing to do twice if you weren't doing it on purpose, to me.

My thing is this is something that's happened since the beginning of the league. I tried to curb it and even put hard rules in place that just meant my sims got stopped every 2 days. So it's wooly that is making this a big deal, not 30 year olds in A.

So kick him out if he's irredeemable. I think he could end up being a good owner, he isn't going to all of the sudden understand all our social shit though. It's obvious there is a major disconnect on how he perceives things and how we do. I think even if he did fix the 30 year olds in A there would be something else coming right after that.

It is rich to me that wolf is at his throat the most though. The only reason wolf still doesn't get treated like wooly is because wooly joined. And wolf is one of the better owners in this league, but he also takes getting shit shoveled on him a lot better.

TonyGin&Juice

It is rich to me that wolf is at his throat the most though. The only reason wolf still doesn't get treated like wooly is because wooly joined. And wolf is one of the better owners in this league, but he also takes getting shit shoveled on him a lot better.

Wolf is still the heel this league needs and deserves but he's gotten much better about making it know he's not being serious when he really pours on the vitriol. He can definitely get under ur skin at times but he's good about taking and giving, even when he really turns on the hate. Again, I like Wooly and agree he's a good owner but he seems to be missing out on how to interact with people.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Wolf is still the heel this league needs and deserves but he's gotten much better about making it know he's not being serious when he really pours on the vitriol. He can definitely get under ur skin at times but he's good about taking and giving, even when he really turns on the hate. Again, I like Wooly and agree he's a good owner but he seems to be missing out on how to interact with people.

So if you shit on wooly continually, he's never going to get it. All he sees is 10 owners yelling at him constantly. We had the huge blow out and he stayed which was really surprising to me.

I understand why leach jumps on him, I thought the only reason that trade would get renegged on is if he quit. If he stayed he should have had to honor it. But the others, either make him quit or give him a chance to figure it out. It's obvious you must make rules for wooly to adhere to them, so make a rule. The don't be a dick rule only works if the people in question know what being a dick is. I obviously don't in this case because I don't think it's being a dick, so that rule doesn't work here.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Wolfman didn't used to take it so well. He evolved though and isn't constantly an angry dick. Every now and then wooly goes into human mode too, but people even rip him for that forcing him into woolybot mode.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So if you shit on wooly continually, he's never going to get it. All he sees is 10 owners yelling at him constantly. We had the huge blow out and he stayed which was really surprising to me.

I understand why leach jumps on him, I thought the only reason that trade would get renegged on is if he quit. If he stayed he should have had to honor it. But the others, either make him quit or give him a chance to figure it out. It's obvious you must make rules for wooly to adhere to them, so make a rule. The don't be a dick rule only works if the people in question know what being a dick is. I obviously don't in this case because I don't think it's being a dick, so that rule doesn't work here.
To his credit, @NML handled the whole thing really well. I haven't noticed him piling on wooly really.

As far as the don't be a dick rule, many times people don't think they are being a dick. That's why they get informed. Then you should know other people think you are being a dick in that instance whether you think so or not.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Wolfman didn't used to take it so well. He evolved though and isn't constantly an angry dick. Every now and then wooly goes into human mode too, but people even rip him for that forcing him into woolybot mode.

there was a time I quit jumping on wolf unless it was egregious just because he would get hit from every angle about everything. He was always better at taking it than wooly though, I never thought he'd quit. He'd just go wolfmad and yell back :laughing:

But wooly is different, unless it's egregious let it go IMO. He has plenty of egregious shit to go after, the minor (PUNZ) stuff is unnecessary. And given what we know if you are going to get at the minor stuff you have to make rules about it or he won't follow it.

And this is one of those weird cases where a rule wouldn't even be much work. Just create a filter for whatever age, go to "list all A players" and click the select all button > release.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
To his credit, @NML handled the whole thing really well. I haven't noticed him piling on wooly really.

As far as the don't be a dick rule, many times people don't think they are being a dick. That's why they get informed. Then you should know other people think you are being a dick in that instance whether you think so or not.

Yeah I'd hate him if I was leach so he's better than me. I've been informed and I still don't think it's a dick move though. What do we do now? I've always known I'm a asshole so telling me doesn't work.

The prudent move here would have been to tell wooly he doesn't get a rookie team unless he can keep up with his A team. We both know there will probably never be rookie teams, but he doesn't.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I'd hate him if I was leach so he's better than me. I've been informed and I still don't think it's a dick move though. What do we do now? I've always known I'm a asshole so telling me doesn't work.

The prudent move here would have been to tell wooly he doesn't get a rookie team unless he can keep up with his A team. We both know there will probably never be rookie teams, but he doesn't.
It doesn't matter what you think. You have been informed of dick move. Don't do it.

And to be fair to wooly, I have asked him in PMs to handle his minors when people cry about it and he generally does it.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I do.

I'm interesting though-- is there any evidence to support this? Are there guys you've had or seen whose development gets hurt by this? I'd take this 30-year olds kill younger players more seriously if we had some evidence, something on the OOTP board, etc.

But if you do think so, it's a lot easier to control the clubhouse and win/loss record than it is to performance. And performance is only hindered by the games you play vs. Wooly's team which is 1/8.

The performance of under 20 guys in A-ball will never be great unless it's a giant superstar who is ahead of development. My A-ball teams have always been awful and I've been able to develop lots of guys.

NML

There's too many factors to want proof that X affects player development. All those factors play a part.

Asking for proof to support it is a red herring.

NML

Ur asking for proof that can't possibly exist. There's too many variables to always get the same or a predictable outcome when you change one of them.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ur asking for proof that can't possibly exist. There's too many variables to always get the same or a predictable outcome when you change one of them.
we'll find out because I changed almost every variable by putting my single A pitchers in the wbl.

Wolfman21

I compared how you were treated to wooly

Meh, i never was serious or took shit serious. I just wanted to be an asshole sometimes to shake shit up. Still do, just dont have the time that i used to.

I never asked for oil paintings to be my logo, or held up the playoffs every season because i didnt think ahead, or keep 30 year olds in A ball. Its not like we are giving wooly shit for no reason. Nobody in this league is picked on for no reason. Hes asked for it by continuously doin his thang. If he continues to do the same shit, he will continue getting called out for it. I know when i play the heel, someones gonna start shit with me...usually NML because hes all up in my ass for some reason...but i expect it

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Meh, i never was serious or took shit serious. I just wanted to be an asshole sometimes to shake shit up. Still do, just dont have the time that i used to.

I never asked for oil paintings to be my logo, or held up the playoffs every season because i didnt think ahead, or keep 30 year olds in A ball. Its not like we are giving wooly shit for no reason. Nobody in this league is picked on for no reason. Hes asked for it by continuously doin his thang. If he continues to do the same shit, he will continue getting called out for it. I know when i play the heel, someones gonna start shit with me...usually NML because hes all up in my ass for some reason...but i expect it

I still don't think you understand, I was comparing how you were treated to how wooly is treated now. I am not comparing your actions to his :laughing:

Wolfman21

I still don't think you understand, I was comparing how you were treated to how wooly is treated now. I am not comparing your actions to his :laughing:

I still dont think you understand, im agrering with you while also saying if you act like a dick, expect to get called out on it

Wooly

Holy shit. I picked a fine couple of days to be super busy with work. When i get back tonight I will look at my notorious A ball team. I have just not been home much since Monday. Too busy to get into it right now. Talk later.

Wolfman21

I still don't think you understand that I don't understand

giphy.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Historically, minor league performance has been tied to development. It was obvious in less advanced versions, and accepted as fact on the OOTP forums. I doubt they stripped that in the last couple yeats.

If you want to determine if minor league success is still tied to development, just start reverse developing all your draftees from the first 5 rounds @Reel style in an inverted pyramid.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Historically, minor league performance has been tied to development. It was obvious in less advanced versions, and accepted as fact on the OOTP forums. I doubt they stripped that in the last couple yeats.

If you want to determine if minor league success is still tied to development, just start reverse developing all your draftees from the first 5 rounds @Reel style in an inverted pyramid.

baseball is too complicated mang