• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2064 Season Thread

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
These fucking bums better get back to working winning again. Swept in back to back series? I should make them walk to the next away game.

Wolfman21

@osick87 found the fountain of youth and made Octavio Caniliac drink the whole thing....christ

reminds me of alvarado....i trade alvarado as his ratings take a plunge, he goes through half of an "ok" season and then explodes for the best season of his career. I let caniliac hit FA as his ratings plunge, he has one bad season and then boom...exploding for the best season of his career.

Wolfman21

i like this time better:

Clock.gif

TonyGin&Juice

Landeiro goes for the cycle....taste my ass @TonyGin&Juice

sadly, my bullpen basically took that entire sim off and a couple injured startes suffered setbacks, so....fuck

BAJA KILLER is one his was to putting up a 1 WARS WON now babby. Starting to look like the steal of the century.

Anyone want Nicholas Winstone? He's demanding a trade.

Wolfman21

BAJA KILLER is one his was to putting up a 1 WARS WON now babby. Starting to look like the steal of the century.

Anyone want Nicholas Winstone? He's demanding a trade.

banjo on his way to 1 war won and you on your way to not being able to summit mount .500 babby.

Landeiro putting up a better BA than Banjo has OBP and you wanted a guy that could HIT HIT...:laughing:

TonyGin&Juice

banjo on his way to 1 war won and you on your way to not being able to summit mount .500 babby.

Landeiro putting up a better BA than Banjo has OBP and you wanted a guy that could HIT HIT...:laughing:

I guess I'll just have to console myself by getting blown by smoking hot black chicks at Augie's after a fine meal at Manny's.

TonyGin&Juice

Nah, you had ur chance to dump him and you didn't take it. I just extended It's Not Delivery so I don't have space to take on another overpaid player with declining skills. Good luck on finding someone to take him.

NML

Kiene is a perfect example of the <3 WAR player that no one trades for in this league.

Don't know about the NL, but he's not a significant upgrade for anyone who's competing in the SL.

He'll probably walk or be overpaid at $15m a year (tough arb estimates so far)

TonyGin&Juice

Kiene is a perfect example of the <3 WAR player that no one trades for in this league.

Don't know about the NL, but he's not a significant upgrade for anyone who's competing in the SL.

He'll probably walk or be overpaid at $15m a year (tough arb estimates so far)

Everyone's dumping on BAJA KILLER but I have a feeling he'll be at least a 1+ WAR CF now that he's a full time player for at least two seasons. He's not great but he also only cost me a future first and is cheap and is a legit CF. He's not Billy Dee Williams like ShookWolfs CF but he's not the bum I had at CF at the end of last season either.

Why anyone would trade for a player like Kiene is beyond me. He's going to want at least $12M AAV for 5+ years and not even be replacement level by year two of that contract. If he hits FA I'd be shocked to see him get more than a two year $10M total deal.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think Kiene is a solid player, but his offense and defense has been on a steady decline. He is still young enough to give him a shot though. The problem is wooly's asking price. He asked me for Cross.

TonyGin&Juice

I think Kiene is a solid player, but his offense and defense has been on a steady decline. He is still young enough to give him a shot though. The problem is wooly's asking price. He asked me for Cross.

When he's really worth Ian "Grumpy" Cross.

Wooly asked me for every OSA five star in my IC. My counter was two future firsts. Madpants took one of those so the best offer he's probably got for Kiene is a 2068 future first from me. That's only if he covers his salary though.

Wooly

I offered a deal involving Kiene and Cross, but not limited to just them. It was an opening to gauge interest, not an ultimate offer. It obvious would have been a package, but it never got past the inquiry.

That being said, PMs are privaye for a reason. Generally speaking, I don't think they should be discussed publicly, or people will not trust them to be private in the future. If you make an offer to someone, and they publicize it, they are not going to trust you in the future with a PM.

@TonyGin&Juice , I think you did that earlier with an offer Travis made you, then you tried to leverage it, IIRC. It didn't go over well.

Wolfman21

I offered a deal involving Kiene and Cross, but not limited to just them. It was an opening to gauge interest, not an ultimate offer. It obvious would have been a package, but it never got past the inquiry.

That being said, PMs are privaye for a reason. Generally speaking, I don't think they should be discussed publicly, or people will not trust them to be private in the future. If you make an offer to someone, and they publicize it, they are not going to trust you in the future with a PM.

@TonyGin&Juice , I think you did that earlier with an offer Travis made you, then you tried to leverage it, IIRC. It didn't go over well.

I dont think orlando is worried. Hell, youre quitting in 2 seasons anyways, right?

Wooly

When he's really worth Ian "Grumpy" Cross.

Wooly asked me for every OSA five star in my IC. My counter was two future firsts. Madpants took one of those so the best offer he's probably got for Kiene is a 2068 future first from me. That's only if he covers his salary though.
Not true, I asked for certain ones. You were the one to publicly offer your IFAs. I inquired after you asked. What did you expect after posting about offering them?

And if you publicize people's PMs, they won't trust you in the future.

TonyGin&Juice

Not true, I asked for certain ones. You were the one to publicly offer your IFAs. I inquired after you asked. What did you expect after posting about offering them?

You asked for all of the ones OSA had as 4+ STARZ. There's nothing untrue about that statement. I didn't expect anyone to offer some guy that's about to be a FA that's not an elite hitting CF for a legit haul.

And if you publicize people's PMs, they won't trust you in the future.

This is simulation baseball, not international high finance. You understand that, right? Nobody gives a shit.

Wooly

You asked for all of the ones OSA had as 4+ STARZ. There's nothing untrue about that statement. I didn't expect anyone to offer some guy that's about to be a FA that's not an elite hitting CF for a legit haul.
You listed 3 CF in the whole league that had a contact rating you liked, including Kiene. You spoke about giving away a haul of IFAs. I made an offer. I should have know your bait and switch would be miles and miles from your statements. Its really my fault for thinking you would offer even a fraction of what you talked about. Hell, in the end you didn't offer even one IFA.

This is simulation baseball, not international high finance. You understand that, right? Nobody gives a shit.
Simulation baseball takes a back seat to nothing. Get your priorities right.

TonyGin&Juice

You listed 3 CF in the whole league that had a contact rating you liked, including Kiene. You spoke about giving away a haul of IFAs. I made an offer. I should have know your bait and switch would be miles and miles from your statements. Its really my fault for thinking you would offer even a fraction of what you talked about. Hell, in the end you didn't offer even one IFA.

Jigga, how long you been in this league? Anyone that's been paying any attention knows I'll give up a shit ton when someone has something I want (see: Nelson FLEECE, future 1st for BAJA BLAST who Madpants wasn't going to use) and next nothing when they don't (the 5th I sent Wolfman for Kang, the shot of gasoline I sent Lloyd for that AAAA starter). You wanted way too much and I told you what that guy was worth to me. You seem to be operating under some delusion that a non-elite rental is worth a lot, which isn't my fault.

If I weren't terrified of Joosten actually reaching his insane potential I would have shipped him and more to ShookWolf for his CF, but I think Joosten might actually come close to reaching his potential. I'd much rather have a black hole in the lineup now that miss out on having a potential HOAG under cheap team control for years. With my luck he'll be a bust but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

My b. If you haven't noticed, I make a bunch of trades right out in the open in the trade thread :laughing: