• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2064 OFF SEASON THREAD

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
He was on the 40 man a whole season, but was injured. I assume that still counts.

Had I known about this "10 years after the first ARB" rule I would have given Bjorno a 10-year deal when he was in the minors learning a position.

Wooly

@Wooly explain yourself. We try not to leave teams in shambles, so if you are going to weather this storm, that is fine.

You guys can do whatever you want really. Obviously that trade is an "I don't care about the long term anymore" trade. It's a terrible trade, but then I have been trying to quit since 2061, and making moves accordingly, but you kept saying to stay each year. My plan was to make this team as good as I could and play until my window ends in 2065, then see how I felt about doing a rebuild, but probably quit. The truth is I just don't have the time the for the game, and while I could have stuck it out half-assing it, coming and going as others have done over time...I don't really see the point now. This league is just not fun for me. I love the game, wish I had more time for it, it's my kind of obsession, but the league has so many assholes in it, is it even worth even a half assed absentee manager approach?

I don't expect most of you to agree, but that's the truth. People jump all over other people for the smallest things. Look at all the over-reacting when I wanted to move to Halifax. I should have known then this was going to be the league pattern. How stupid was all that shit. And look at you busting my balls over not rounding the last dollar on Hathaway's buyout. :laughing:, what the fuck is that? Or, people throwing a fit over Doh's $800 buyout error. Who cares, they were not intentional, just fix them and move on. Or OUs refusal to use my logo, or even name my team correctly. Sure, you can ignore a lot of the malcontents, as I generally do, but it gets old too. Or maybe I am just too old for Utopia anymore.

So I unliked the trade. The Os can do whatever they think is right with it. You can restructure it, you can cancel it, whateverthefuckyouwant. I can quit now, or I can play until 2065 and see how I feel then, out me on otto for a while, or play until you find someone to replace me. Your call.

Also waiting for Rad's obligatory :Straight-Face: response.

Wolfman21

You guys can do whatever you want really. Obviously that trade is an "I don't care about the long term anymore" trade. It's a terrible trade, but then I have been trying to quit since 2061, and making moves accordingly, but you kept saying to stay each year. My plan was to make this team as good as I could and play until my window ends in 2065, then see how I felt about doing a rebuild, but probably quit. The truth is I just don't have the time the for the game, and while I could have stuck it out half-assing it, coming and going as others have done over time...I don't really see the point now. This league is just not fun for me. I love the game, wish I had more time for it, it's my kind of obsession, but the league has so many assholes in it, is it even worth even a half assed absentee manager approach?

I don't expect most of you to agree, but that's the truth. People jump all over other people for the smallest things. Look at all the over-reacting when I wanted to move to Halifax. I should have known then this was going to be the league pattern. How stupid was all that shit. And look at you busting my balls over not rounding the last dollar on Hathaway's buyout. :laughing:, what the fuck is that? Or, people throwing a fit over Doh's $800 buyout error. Who cares, they were not intentional, just fix them and move on. Or OUs refusal to use my logo, or even name my team correctly. Sure, you can ignore a lot of the malcontents, as I generally do, but it gets old too. Or maybe I am just too old for Utopia anymore.

So I unliked the trade. The Os can do whatever they think is right with it. You can restructure it, you can cancel it, whateverthefuckyouwant. I can quit now, or I can play until 2065 and see how I feel then, out me on otto for a while, or play until you find someone to replace me. Your call.

Whatever. Thats the lamest post this league has ever seen. I hope the O's do the right thing and kick you out right now.

TonyGin&Juice

giphy.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

I busted your balls about that buyout because you were so precise about the contracts and being a dollar short of the limit. So I jokingly pointed out being a dollar short on the buyout. If that didn't deserve ribbing, what does? It's not like I actually made them guaranteed. As far as rad pointing out doh's error, doh had a history of being contract police so rad poked fun.

I still don't think you are self aware. You call everyone else assholes (they are), but have no idea how you come off. You speak of malcontents, but I don't think there are any. I did tell you to stay because you are a good owner and you seemed to enjoy the game.

I still don't know what some of this means. What moves were you making in according to quitting in '61? Stripping a team of all future talent and draft picks and then quitting is also a shitty move. Do you not agree?

Last edited:

Wolfman21

You could type up all the idiotic shit this turd has done since hw joined the league and it would surpass the rest of the owners all together.

Hes gonna quit anyways...save the league a couple seasons of headaches and do away with him

TonyGin&Juice

Leave Buffalo alone.

We're winning the ship this year.

I'd say contract Miami and Halifax but they're both in the SL BLOODBATH, hence why I picked Buffalo.

But fuck Wooly with his "everyone's an asshole that I have on ignore" bullshit and Indian Giving with @NML. I say we kick Wooly to the curb and let my main man @JAR201166 and @otto take over Halifax.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

for the last fucking time I can't control the logos without being a commish by myself full time. and I can't even update the website in the first place much less add pictures. FFFFFUUUUUUUU

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
and another thing @Wooly, quit calling it a logo. It's a small picture of a painting. It doesn't say your team name or the city you're located in. It doesn't describe the idea behind your team at all. It isn't a logo

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I can't update because I have logos from like 3 years ago. As far as I know it's all or nothing updating them on the website.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I can't update because I have logos from like 3 years ago. As far as I know it's all or nothing updating them on the website.

Maybe 18 will fix whatever causes my script issues. It's just frustrating that wooly reads and responds to my posts saying I can't do it and then brings it up randomly that he thinks I am purposely keeping his painting off the website or from in the game.

Soonerfan09

I understand nothing is happening with logos, I'm just letting it be known that when the time is right, Moscow would like to rebrand.

Wolfman21

:laughing: well he is right. You'll are assholes. Not about to start kicking owners out.

I think having an owner confess to screwing the longevity of the team because he planned on quitting anyways is a hell of a reason to give someone the boot

TonyGin&Juice

I think having an owner confess to screwing the longevity of the team because he planned on quitting anyways is a hell of a reason to give someone the boot

The same doesn't hold true if they don't plan on quitting though, right? Please tell me the answer is no.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean, if we're changing logos and all....I don't want to move or change the team name, but if you'll doing logos, Moscow could use a new logo. Their's is a bit outdated. If not, then we can keep what we have, no big.
I understand nothing is happening with logos, I'm just letting it be known that when the time is right, Moscow would like to rebrand.
:Straight-Face:

Soonerfan09

Not really, but this question perplexes me.

The whole rebranding thing. California Angels -> Anaheim Angels, different color scheme and logo and all that. If you were, I would expect you to understand a rebrand (LA Rams perhaps?), but if not, then yeah, I can see why you wouldn't get it.

Soonerfan09

It's really not a big deal. I assume you were being facetious with the "" anyway, I just wanted to 'splain maself. I'm fine with what Moscow has until the end of time if it's inconvenient for anyone.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I know what a rebrand is haha. Angels went through some very bad ones, so I thought maybe you were kidding. It seems you are not. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love the Mules' logo and uniforms.

Soonerfan09

I know what a rebrand is haha. Angels went through some very bad ones, so I thought maybe you were kidding. It seems you are not. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love the Mules' logo and uniforms.
Honestly, I think something like this
images

in the form of home plate and customized to my team would be pretty cool, but there really isn't anything wrong with the current logo. I guess I was basing it more off the fact that they we are one of the few (I believe) WBL teams to not win a shamship (before expansion?), although they have more history than most of the teams, plus a new owner/gm, gearing up for a few years of success....basically, this is what I would think is a good time for a rebrand.

Like I said, it's not really a big deal to me. I'm fine with what we have.

Maybe it's the pinstripes, I don't know.

kingssc

I mean, if we're changing logos and all....I don't want to move or change the team name, but if you'll doing logos, Moscow could use a new logo. Their's is a bit outdated. If not, then we can keep what we have, no big.

It's really not a big deal. I assume you were being facetious with the "" anyway, I just wanted to 'splain maself. I'm fine with what Moscow has until the end of time if it's inconvenient for anyone.

images

in the form of home plate and customized to my team would be pretty cool, but there really isn't anything wrong with the current logo. I guess I was basing it more off the fact that they we are one of the few (I believe) WBL teams to not win a shamship (before expansion?), although they have more history than most of the teams, plus a new owner/gm, gearing up for a few years of success....basically, this is what I would think is a good time for a rebrand.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
images

I got you fam

ubijEcW.png

I made your logo into an oil painting, that will be $5

Soonerfan09

Moscow could use a rebranding....

It's really not a big deal. I assume you were being facetious with the "
emoji52.png
" anyway, I just wanted to 'splain maself. I'm fine with what Moscow has until the end of time if it's inconvenient for anyone.

images

So you can't read either. Hmmm.........

Soonerfan09

Why is this the so important to you?
Because I'm going to be a Social Studies teacher. If my student's can't read, I'm going to have a hard time teaching.

But seriously, are you fucking kidding me? I said it wasn't a big deal, and Orlando had something to say, so I engaged him in conversation. You know, because it's a message board...where you have to type and say things. If I overemphasized that it's not a big deal, that's because I really wanted Orlando to know that it wasn't a big deal. Why is everyone except Orlando making it a big deal?

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Because I'm going to be a Social Studies teacher. If my student's can't read, I'm going to have a hard time teaching.

But seriously, are you fucking kidding me? I said it wasn't a big deal, and Orlando had something to say, so I engaged him in conversation. You know, because it's a message board...where you have to type and say things. If I overemphasized that it's not a big deal, that's because I really wanted Orlando to know that it wasn't a big deal. Why is everyone except Orlando making it a big deal?

No, why is it so important we get you a new avatar?