• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2064 OFF SEASON THREAD

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Nope the second year was $2,004,000 so pardon me I was off by $800 not $400.

Wooly

@Wooly you want balbuena?

How much would @Orlando kill me?
:laughing:

Yeah, I actually thought about contacting you right after the season, asking you to trade him again, LOL. For multiple years I offered Orlando everything I had to get him, the kitchen sink, and then some borrowed kitchen sinks, but somehow you beat me out for him. I thought he was the piece that could get me over the hump for a title. In hindsight, it might be a good thing I didn't win that trade war, given how much it would cost to re-sign him.

I have nothing left to trade you for him now. I will see what I can muster up after next years IFA.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
:laughing:

Yeah, I actually thought about contacting you right after the season, asking you to trade him again, LOL. For multiple years I offered Orlando everything I had to get him, the kitchen sink, and then some borrowed kitchen sinks, but somehow you beat me out for him. I thought he was the piece that could get me over the hump for a title. In hindsight, it might be a good thing I didn't win that trade war, given how much it would cost to re-sign him.

I have nothing left to trade you for him now. I will see what I can muster up after next years IFA.

This quote triggers me after reading his rule change thread brigade against tanking.

Wooly

What are you talking about. Those are two of the best RP in the league, elite RP, the kind of players that can anchor a bullpen as the best in the league for several years. If FAX is going to make a run for the title for multiple years, my bullpen needs help now that I moved Hayne to SP. You have to pay a lot to get those kind of RPs.

And what did I pay? I gave up 2 IFA guys, which are unproven and risks in OOTP17, but do have good upside. Other than that, I gave up some picks. So what. It's not like I get decent picks anyway, I get the end of the 1st round, and I will for several more years. After the 3rd round, there is no point to draft picks anyway, at least not to me. I go on auto early every year. I didn't trade off picks into the distant future either, only 3 years ahead. I have a huge budget, which will only get bigger over the next two seasons. I can buy what I need with IFA and FA. I don't need the draft, I never have. I think I have 1 player on my team from any draft, my very first draft actually when I got to pick 10th. I have never been that high since. There is no way I will get WBL talent in the draft with my pick range, except some lucky lottery every few years, and even then they will be some role player. I would rather trade to get real talent now, than wait for a decade of 3rd rounders for the next reincarnation of Balbuena to come along. I also continue to use IFA as currency to obtain talent, then buy whomever I want in FA. Just keep that budget high baby.

Wolfman21

What are you talking about. Those are two of the best RP in the league, elite RP, the kind of players that can anchor a bullpen as the best in the league for several years. If FAX is going to make a run for the title for multiple years, my bullpen needs help now that I moved Hayne to SP. You have to pay a lot to get those kind of RPs.

And what did I pay? I gave up 2 IFA guys, which are unproven and risks in OOTP17, but do have good upside. Other than that, I gave up some picks. So what. It's not like I get decent picks anyway, I get the end of the 1st round, and I will for several more years. After the 3rd round, there is no point to draft picks anyway, at least not to me. I go on auto early every year. I didn't trade off picks into the distant future either, only 3 years ahead. I have a huge budget, which will only get bigger over the next two seasons. I can buy what I need with IFA and FA. I don't need the draft, I never have. I think I have 1 player on my team from any draft, my very first draft actually when I got to pick 10th. I have never been that high since. There is no way I will get WBL talent in the draft with my pick range, except some lucky lottery every few years, and even then they will be some role player. I would rather trade to get real talent now, than wait for a decade of 3rd rounders for the next reincarnation of Balbuena to come along. I also continue to use IFA as currency to obtain talent, then buy whomever I want in FA. Just keep that budget high baby.

@Lloyd Carr has already done this. It drove him to quitting

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

To me, I just draft players like them instead of gutting my drafts to obtain one of them, to me. But ok.

kingssc

It's 80/80
Gpmn2sY.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I've politely turned downmany an offer that were all much worse because I'd feel too dirty blue blanketing, Leach honestly has zero shame at all. To take advantage of wooly's child playing on his computer like that isn't right. @Wooly just confirm it was your cat pawing on the mouse while you were in the mountains and we'll set this straight.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Wooly made the same offer for a lot of players. I don't know what to do about this. If wooly stays then it's whatever. If he bails I'll send Travis to murder him.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Wooly made the same offer for a lot of players. I don't know what to do about this. If wooly stays then it's whatever. If he bails I'll send Travis to murder him.

Have you not been paying attention to the veiled "I have the best team so I should get an automatic bid to the WS" posts? There's no way he sticks around once his budget drops.

Wolfman21

Cant wait for when all his 30+ guys stop producing and hes left with garbage players because he has no farm, then his budget drops cuz hes losing games and he wont have the money to compete in IFA. He gone quit quicker than reel

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
if he corndogs the league and we don't fix it I'm out

NML

Well I got wooly PMing me that we need to edit the deal or it'll be veto'd

Not sure where he got that idea

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I'm still laughing because there are multiple guys in FA that are better than the two guys he got fleeced for by BLUE BLANKET @NML. Fuck it, let the trade stand so we can continue laughing about it.

ZackMills

Have mercy
What a whirlwind of emotions this franchise has undergone. From Reel, to winning WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, to winning the regular reason, to Jar.

NML

We talked on ARMA last night about the various ways we could "give" the Tanners to jar - as Travis mentioned, pulling the controller trick you do with little kids who want to play ur vidya (giving them an unplugged controlled so they think they're playing).

My personal favorite was @Karl Hungus suggesting we never pull his exports and put them on auto, while simultaneously ridiculing him for not following the checklist.