• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2060 Season Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I mean if you think running a franchise by fucking PM telephone game places Bruin at a "competitive advantage," then ur so dumb. You're just salty that LRM got in ur ASS last year.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Is it ideal? No, but it's the best option we have. Travis and bruin let me know about the arrangement and I haven't noticed any foul play. In all honestly it would be in Travis' best interest to let the team go to shit, so what he is doing isn't helping him. He just takes orders which alleviates me or the other o's from the burden since we make moves for other owners all the time.

Wooly

This is infinitely better than letting a team sit.

I disagree. It's an unfair advantage to let another manager run more than one team, especially in the same league. He is privy to what the other team is offering in the offseason. He could even manipulate bidding with it. It's just a bad precedent. It would be more fair to let the team sit. If we can get Bruin going, great. If we can't isn't there other people in a list who want to play?

You are missing the point Woo Lee. He cannot export because his game is broke dick, so I follow his instructions and export for him. My post was complaining that he didn't send me any instructions so I wasn't exporting (ie I'm specifically NOT running his off season). I was lamenting his lack of effort.

Also, ur a cry babby.

It's been an entire year. So either he can't fix it, or he would rather let you run the team. I don't know which one it is, doesn't matter, you shouldn't be running both teams. If you are waiting on a list of FA, you ARE running his team. I don't buy that you are not involved and privy to his information. And even if you are not, it looks bad, it doesn't seem on the up and up. That is not a good way to run the league.

You need to calm the fuck down dogg. You taking this simulation baseball shit way too serious. When an aspie like me is telling you that you know your shit is fucked.

There is a reason I have one kid with autism and another with aspergers.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I disagree. It's an unfair advantage to let another manager run more than one team, especially in the same league. He is privy to what the other team is offering in the offseason. He could even manipulate bidding with it. It's just a bad precedent. It would be more fair to let the team sit. If we can get Bruin going, great. If we can't isn't there other people in a list who want to play?

So that's why Travis beat me for all those IFAs. FU Travis!

I'm going start going through everyone's offers with my commish privileges, thanks wooly.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I'm okay with it because losing bruin from the league is not an option

giphy.gif

Wooly

Is it ideal? No, but it's the best option we have. Travis and bruin let me know about the arrangement and I haven't noticed any foul play. In all honestly it would be in Travis' best interest to let the team go to shit, so what he is doing isn't helping him. He just takes orders which alleviates me or the other o's from the burden since we make moves for other owners all the time.

Someone has to do it, I get that, but it should be the O's.

If not, how about I take care of Bruin next year.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

Let me break this simulation baseball shit down for you. Doh, Orlando, Travis, Rad, Osick187, JD, and I talk about deals ALL THE TIME. I'm not talking about deals like - "hey, let's trade" but deals like "so, this guy wants $20M AAV and I don't have any pitching in my system and the window is still open, what would you do?" Take a look at the guy I just traded Doh - I only got him because JD had money issues and needed to dump salary to make a deal and I had the CAP SPACE to do it. There is a TON of discussion going on between GMs that exposes strategies and issues that could be taken advantage of, especially with GMs in the same league.

There is a reason I have one kid with autism and another with aspergers.

Those are both now under ASD in the DSM-V.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Someone has to do it, I get that, but it should be the O's.

If not, how about I take care of Bruin next year.

Actually it should be someone without the access that the O's have if we want it to be as fair as possible. Even if Travis wanted to game the league, he can only see two teams. You can't do anything only seeing two teams.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Luckily for all of us you aren't making these decisions.

TonyGin&Juice

Lol @ the idea that Bruin and I would be offering on the same players. That child ain't even in my league, Wooly. You think I want a player that would interest a HAVE NOT? I'd burn my franchise to the ground before I bid on some loathsome creature of interest to LRM.

You did that a couple of seasons ago when you went full Angel Duster with the "no such thing as a bad one year deal".

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'd love to see @Wooly try to play puppet... Like he could resist the urge to tinker, LMAO. To me he projecting to me, but anyone who would rather help out would be welcome, I'll rotate out.

TonyGin&Juice

Wolfman is actually better now. He has settled in nicely as the heel and still traps me when he complains about his team being up 5 runs. Wolfmad only appears when he is the villain we deserve.

Minus the Trump wall discussion right?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I gave the illusion of diplomat but I was going to do what i wanted regardless. I just tried to make the league believe it was their idea beforehand.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think the thing that cracks me up about the COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE angle @Wooly is humping my leg about is that everything I've done since joining this league is an attempt to do the exact opposite of gaining some marginal competitive advantage over other managers in the league. I try to help new players (including urself, @Wooly) understand the game and I offer the spreadsheets and tools for anyone to use. I tried to pay it forward because guys like @osick87 and @Orlanod helped me so much when I started. I obviously make those tools and spreadsheets for my own benefit as well, but if I was interested in gaining a COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE I'd horde that information and get my +2 wins instead of sharing it... I make the draft tool every year in hopes of speeding the draft process up (lol) and providing everyone with all the same information I use to make my picks.

That was exactly my intention with helping Bruin out. I'd rather play against (and lose to) a competitive team than beat the shit out of a team because the GM hasn't exported in 2 seasons and the CPU is forced to start position players as pitchers due to injury/depth chart issues that haven't been addressed... There are enough teams tanking in this league as it is, we don't need another doormat adding to the bifurcation.

Different Strokes for different folks, and I know you are just mad because the 0 export LRM are no longer helping you achieve your goal of a 150 win season or whatever, so I won't hold it against you.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Excited for this year. Going to delay my IFA spending a year since Wooly and Wolf have perpetual 100M budgets to spend on IFA, Hopefully I can pick up a rotation arm or two and start making sure my budget doesn't drop under 100M. Hoping some of the young guys like Scantlebury, Nisanci, possibly Karakaev & Kinney can transition to the league this year. Thinking Blanks moves to 3B when Kinney is ready, or maybe I move ToGo there depending.

If Scantlebury can handle leading off (I think he can, he had a real bad year last year doe), My order gon be:

1. Scantlebury RF/CF
2. Jephson 1B
3. Gonzales SS
4. McDonald 2B
5. Farrusco C
6. Nisanci DH/RF
7. Kachin LF
8. Chavez 3B
9. Blye CF/Jobson RF

Which isn't half bad. If Scantlebury can't handle it then I probably leadoff ToGo and go from there. Definitely an improvement from last season where I basically just had Jephson, Farrusco and ToGo providing offense, and ToGo didn't even do that good.