• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2060 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I couldn't see anyone big. It was a 14 day shift of the draft pool so probably not too many players, though I'm sure some players fell out of the system. Only noticed Hjorth while checking my shortlist for '61

Lloyd Carr

QUIT CHEATING

play-better-gif.gif

Wooly

What night is the last night of the season, where we have to make our decisions about Team Options and such? Is that tomorrow night?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You do still have time to set player dev, scouting, and ticket prices before preseason though. It should be Arb tonight HOF tomorrow then FA, or whatever that translates to if we have an off night of simming

Wooly

Me too. I accidently added too many zeros on my contracts. Can an O take a zero off of each contract. It shouldn't be that hard. Thanks in advance.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Every year we can sign FA during the period before the season ends and FA officially starts. @Yankee151 does it every year.

If you aren't paying attention to who is in the FA market, that is your fault. Same with the waiver wire. The fact I got a player stolen from me, when he was legitimately available at a time when we could offer FA contracts, is stupid. It's not my fault you people only pay attention when it is convenient for you. Anyone and everyone could have offered that guy a contract. You didn't. Learn going forward, or make a rule going forward.

Instead, I get retroactively punished for something that wasn't against the rules.

Players go undrafted every year and end up in the FA pool at the end of the season (during the period where we can still sign players). It just so happens this guy was actually worth a shit. That's the only reason it's an issue. Because he isn't turrible.

@Lloyd Carr if you can't understand why this player was put back in college, I don't know what to tell you. Don't be dense. I appreciate @Yankee151 calling it out. For the league to function correctly, we need people keeping an eye on that stuff and alerting us when it happens. This is what you should have done instead of signing the guy, Lloyd.

I'm also about to make signing FA against the rules once the post season starts. People are just cutting players once the regular season ends and it's not just players that have been FA all year anymore.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
@Lloyd Carr if you can't understand why this player was put back in college, I don't know what to tell you. Don't be dense. I appreciate @Yankee151 calling it out. For the league to function correctly, we need people keeping an eye on that stuff and alerting us when it happens. This is what you should have done instead of signing the guy, Lloyd.

I'm also about to make signing FA against the rules once the post season starts. People are just cutting players once the regular season ends and it's not just players that have been FA all year anymore.

Confession time - almost signed Nutball once MongoLOLloyd cut him, since he was cut during the season, but he wanted too much money.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
one that wins more games than it loses

Considering you don't have much WBL talent right now and there's not much on the farm that's ready I'm not sure how you plan on doing that. At least you have a couple of near WBL-ready pitchers you might be able to get some pieces for but you'll have to price them accordingly. You've got a lot of money to spend too but you won't have that for too long if you stay in the basement.

Wooly

FA are up. He didn't generate any IFA that I see though? Did that get skipped, or does it normally happen with the next sim? Do we resim it with the IFA?

I don't know what the protocol is with this.

Wooly

Looks like IFA will spawn next sim (2/2)
Gotcha. Is that how it normally works? We sim to the day the Preseason begins, and then the next day we sim to when IFA begins?

I am wondering why we don't just sim to the IFA starting day and begin both FA and IFA at the same time. Is there a reason for or against that?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Gotcha. Is that how it normally works? We sim to the day the Preseason begins, and then the next day we sim to when IFA begins?

I am wondering why we don't just sim to the IFA starting day and begin both FA and IFA at the same time. Is there a reason for or against that?
You should wonder less.

We normally do start them at the same time.