• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2057 Season Thread

kingssc

495.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
One things for certain though, tony will glory hole jd for the rest of his time in the league

Thank god I'm not a part of that glory hole cock sucking schtick

I'm not on your dick. You've swallowed more dicks than any owner in this league. You're the league whore. Everyone's used you a time or two. There's just a few that you seem to enjoy sucking more than others

So a team in desperate need of a rebuild sells off a top 3 draft pick, the only valuable draft pick there is, for two 32+year old pitchers that have already started to drop ratings and are owed money for two-three more years and it's a good deal? Lmao...no wonder I've been in the playoffs every season except for one since I could get a competitive team built.

Kq0HEEY.jpg

Kq0HEEY.jpg

Kq0HEEY.jpg

CHOOSE WISELY WBL

Wolfman21

Infatuation at its finest.

I will say though, as much of a heel as I am on here...for Peder to STILL not be a HOG shows how average Peder is

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't know if he is a HOGer, but I think he gets 2000 hits.

And my bad, 7th total and 6th in a row.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I voted...

Scott Bell (2x MVP and best catcher OPS ever)
Beanpole (Reel GOAT RP)
Naka (one of the best 3 SP ever)
Cesar Marrero (don't get why he's not in)
Tsao (9x AS)

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Here's my guess. He entered the league in September, but you lazy bums didn't notice because you don't ever boot up the game

WORK ETHIC: VERY LOW

and some of us were busy with the playoffs.

Then Tankee noticed and went ahead and signed him during the start of the offseason, figuring/hoping that this falls under the same exception to the FA Dead Period that long term free agents do. For those unfamiliar, you are allowed to sign free agents that have been free agents since the previous offseason for some reason.

Wooly

Perhaps. I thought he was a brand new FA though. I don't know the playoff/offseason timing that well yet. Technically we were in the offseason for the first time "yesterday" IIRC, according to the game, but last night was supposed to be the "TO/Arbitration get ready for the offseason" sim I thought. I did see Katulsky yesterday, but assumed the offseason really started today. Maybe Katulsky was some random new FA before the start of the offseason, if such a thing exists?

Can anyone clarify exactly when you are first able to offer FA, like the day after Options and Aribtation, or is it just whenever someone will accept an offer you can do it? Also, when does IFA start again?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|968x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|968x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=80x@}09/19/2057{/td}
{td=888x@}Entered league as free agent from an independent league.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=80x@}11/24/2057{/td}
{td=888x@}Signed a 5-year contract worth a total of $37,000,000 with the Istanbul Ottomans organization.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Look at this VERY LOW leadership clown doing Tai Chi in the dugout. No wonder his teammates hate him.

Aging Hurler Turns to Tai Chi to Revitalize Career
[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|665x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top|555x@}
Chris Antonissen may have found the fountain of youth in martial arts, specifically Tai Chi.

Antonissen has had plenty of success, starting in a bunch of games over his career, but the wear and tear of being a major league pitcher has begun to take its toll on the 35 year old's body, a process which Antonissen hopes to hinder by practicing the ancient martial art.

"It's a very spiritual process. Lot's of meditation and visualization. I feel better and stronger than I have in years."

And while Antonissen may never be an elite pitcher in his later years, with the new daily routine and a positive outlook, he hopes to contribute at a high level for a while longer.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Wooly

So could anyone have signed him from 9/19 and after? If so, I am going to have to start checking for random new FAs every sim, which actually sucks. My 5 Travis minutes a day are already stretched thin.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I saw him the sim before this. Didn't offer because I thought we couldn't but if he was around during the playoffs he's fair game.

Wooly

Look at this VERY LOW leadership clown doing Tai Chi in the dugout. No wonder his teammates hate him.

Aging Hurler Turns to Tai Chi to Revitalize Career
[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|665x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top|555x@}
Chris Antonissen may have found the fountain of youth in martial arts, specifically Tai Chi.

Antonissen has had plenty of success, starting in a bunch of games over his career, but the wear and tear of being a major league pitcher has begun to take its toll on the 35 year old's body, a process which Antonissen hopes to hinder by practicing the ancient martial art.

"It's a very spiritual process. Lot's of meditation and visualization. I feel better and stronger than I have in years."

And while Antonissen may never be an elite pitcher in his later years, with the new daily routine and a positive outlook, he hopes to contribute at a high level for a while longer.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

It's actually not the Tai Chi, but the after workout rubdown with a happy ending that "did the trick". The San Francisco area abounds with skilled practitioners in the arts that really matter.

You are just mad that your one night stand with Antonissen ended with the worst ERA of his career, and no call the next day.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I don't like that he sucked so much, correct. :laughing:

But I will make fun of any simulation baseball player or OOTP owner with bad intangibles.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I do a signing or three like that every off-season and every off-season I have to explain the rule haha

Iirc van Aaken was also aquired this way

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I do a signing or three like that every off-season and every off-season I have to explain the rule haha

Iirc van Aaken was also aquired this way

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

He was a Free Agent, correct? My question is - when did free agency start?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It hasn't yet, for this offseason (arb just went through and FA was filed). He was a FA filed from last season. I believe FA starts for real when we sim to Feburary or whatever

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
It hasn't yet, for this offseason (arb just went through and FA was filed). He was a FA filed from last season. I believe FA starts for real when we sim to Feburary or whatever

He wasn't on the list before the WS, I checked because I would have signed him if so.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Wooly our schedule can be confusing the first time or two since it's different than what is in game. Best bet is to pay close attention to the announcement thread. It goes like this:
End WS (can sign FA)
Arb and TO (can sign FA)
HoG and ticket prices (NO FA offers allowed. This is confusing because the game with say FA is open, but we will withdraw all offers.)
FA and Am-IFA is open and 3 day sims start.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea just checked van Aaken. There's at least one other big indy leaguer from somewhere doe, can't remember. I signed 3 different players actually, the other two had been FAs for longer it seems but yeah I do it a lot. I can see how it'd be confusing if you don't know you could though.

His demand was originally like 4.5m per too, so I specifically gave him more expecting competition

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
A lot of old Moscow guys in the running. Actually filled out a full 10 players. Didn't know Tsao got a full 70 WARS WON over his career.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
To me Tsao should be first ballot, while Nakamura and Marrero should be in already. Peder is a given of course. After that it is tough. A lot of guys who are really close together. Some guys I had to give votes and skip others just to try and make sure they stick around for future ballots.

Wooly

@Wooly our schedule can be confusing the first time or two since it's different than what is in game. Best bet is to pay close attention to the announcement thread. It goes like this:
End WS (can sign FA)
Arb and TO (can sign FA)
HoG and ticket prices (NO FA offers allowed. This is confusing because the game with say FA is open, but we will withdraw all offers.)
FA and Am-IFA is open and 3 day sims start.
Thanks for the schedule. I take it I should be setting ticket prices today then, since HOG voting is occurring, and then FA might start tomorrow?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Thanks for the schedule. I take it I should be setting ticket prices today then, since HOG voting is occurring, and then FA might start tomorrow?
Yeah FA should start after tonight's sim.

Ticket prices used to have to be set this sim. Not sure if they changed that. I thought Yankee said you could change at any time now?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm in the offseason right now offline but I'll double check to confirm again soon. I'm 95% sure I already did in the WBL mid season last year.