• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2057 Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@NML one of my goal is to sign Gilbert to an extension. He wanted $20m per :laughing: and now he was so mad he was scheduled to bat last that he wants to test FA.

Reactions: NML

NML

Easy follow up conversation

334.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
WBLTradeRumors Non-exclusive: Theodore Montgomery a Brainy Pants

Do simulation baseball players have DNA? It would appear that Rick Montgomery's son inherited his High intelligence and VERY HIGH work ethic. Theodore has been accepted to the highly esteemed simulation school, Winthrop Acres.

BNN was first on the scene:

[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|665x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top|555x@}Star First Baseman's Son Starts at Exclusive School
Friday, February 15th, 2058
Today was a big day for Theodore Montgomery, son of the Lisbon Conquistadors right- hander, Rick Montgomery. It was his first day of kindergarten at the touted Lisbon private academy, Winthrop Acres.

Theodore passed multiple aptitude exams in order to be accepted into the school, which has only 400 children over all 13 grades.

"Today is such a special moment for Theo and I am just so proud," said Montgomery. "When I became a parent I never imagined the love and joy that he could bring me and I'm just so delighted to see Theo go to a school that can cultivate his academic desires."

This experience, coupled with the Montgomery family's recent purchase of a luxury penthouse, show just how committed a first baseman the Conquistadors have in Rick Montgomery.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
WBLTR EXCLUSIVE: DUBLIN BIG FOUR TO DIE IN GREEN AND YELLOW-ORANGE SPACE SUITS

Signed RF Moritz Norman to a 6-year contract extension worth a total of $142,380,000.
Signed SP Sam Young to a 6-year contract extension worth a total of $127,380,000.
Signed CF Alfie Almquis to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $33,030,000.
Signed 2B Randy Creswell to a 7-year contract extension worth a total of $76,450,000.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

Signed RF Moritz Norman to a 6-year contract extension worth a total of $142,380,000.
Signed SP Sam Young to a 6-year contract extension worth a total of $127,380,000.
Signed CF Alfie Almquis to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $33,030,000.
Signed 2B Randy Creswell to a 7-year contract extension worth a total of $76,450,000.

If you hadn't just won a 'ship I'd call you Mike Rizzo Jr.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
WBLTradeRumors Non-exclusive: Theodore Montgomery a Brainy Pants

Do simulation baseball players have DNA? It would appear that Rick Montgomery's son inherited his High intelligence and VERY HIGH work ethic. Theodore has been accepted to the highly esteemed simulation school, Winthrop Acres.

BNN was first on the scene:

[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|665x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top|555x@}Star First Baseman's Son Starts at Exclusive School
Friday, February 15th, 2058
Today was a big day for Theodore Montgomery, son of the Lisbon Conquistadors right- hander, Rick Montgomery. It was his first day of kindergarten at the touted Lisbon private academy, Winthrop Acres.

Theodore passed multiple aptitude exams in order to be accepted into the school, which has only 400 children over all 13 grades.

"Today is such a special moment for Theo and I am just so proud," said Montgomery. "When I became a parent I never imagined the love and joy that he could bring me and I'm just so delighted to see Theo go to a school that can cultivate his academic desires."

This experience, coupled with the Montgomery family's recent purchase of a luxury penthouse, show just how committed a first baseman the Conquistadors have in Rick Montgomery.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
This happened to Naz's kid too!

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

So does Alfie have a terminal illness? Looks like he has three years to live.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Man that core group is so awesome. Most of it built by @bruin228 's fuck ups :laughing:

I am intrigued by ur strategy to lock them all down long term just as a few of them start seeing ratings drops...

TonyGin&Juice

Any chance of an early sim tonight? I'm pretty tired from clapping at my main man Miguel Sano in the Twins asspounding of the Rangers so I might fall asleep soon.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
My plan has long been to see through this core. So I think it will be fun to commit with big salaries and try to build a young/cheap team around them and see how well I can do.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
My plan has long been to see through this core. So I think it will be fun to commit with big salaries and try to build a young/cheap team around them and see how well I can do.
Well I can tell you that you will probably exit in the first round a lot after winning another ship.

TonyGin&Juice

Do something to "improve" this terrible pitching staff and the cokehead fans aren't happy. They actin' like Toronto-era Roy Halladay or current Clayton Kershaw was out there in FA and I by passed them for "one last paycheque" Cliff Lee. We probably still gonna be terrible but at least we have one "good" starter again.

Screenshot 2016-07-03 09.38.21.png

TonyGin&Juice

Robles probably regrets declining the player option year now, lol.

Eh, he's getting $30M this year and I think $21M next and then $4M to away after that on a TO. If he's even 20% of what he was during the 240 IP you put him through last season it's money well spent, given how dreadful pitching was last year. No chance he doesn't die before the All-Star break but I had the money to burn and you bought all of the good IFAs I wanted. The last thing I want is for my owner to pocket any profit.

Wolfman21

Robles probably regrets declining the player option year now, lol.

Either my export took or he turned down my offer to play for that shithole because I offered him a higher AAv. But whatever. I'll just pound his fucking brains in as he slowly does over the next 3 years

TonyGin&Juice

Either my export took or he turned down my offer to play for that shithole because I offered him a higher AAv. But whatever. I'll just pound his fucking brains in as he slowly does over the next 3 years

You're getting too far ahead of yourself. He's really only signed for two years and he really didn't want to play for some cuckolding needledick that hasn't won shit in almost 10 years. Better whores and coke in Miami and they don't sentence people into "the Lifestyle" to death there like they do in Kabul.

Wolfman21

You're getting too far ahead of yourself. He's really only signed for two years and he really didn't want to play for some cuckolding needledick that hasn't won shit in almost 10 years. Better whores and coke in Miami and they don't sentence people into "the Lifestyle" to death there like they do in Kabul.

How's that getting ahead of myself? I'm just telling you what's gonna happen

TonyGin&Juice

How's that getting ahead of myself? I'm just telling you what's gonna happen

He won't be getting lit up for us for three years - I'm voiding the last year of his contract if he's dead and there's zero chance he won't be, as you said yourself.