• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2056 Draft

NML

@Travis7401

I liked both of those starters you took, but, even at their max OSA, they project like back end starters. Do you think/have you seen that they'll develop more than OSA thinks?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Travis7401

I liked both of those starters you took, but, even at their max OSA, they project like back end starters. Do you think/have you seen that they'll develop more than OSA thinks?

Not really, though I don't trust my scout at all on pitchers based on what I've seen. It was mostly that I've already got better position players in A and IC than what was available at that point in the draft (There were only 3 or 4 position players I'd have taken at all and they went early). So I wanted a pitcher that could possibly be a starter. I moved up because there had been a run on pitchers and these were the last two I had listed as having WBL level starter ability. Pitchers also seem to have more randomness in their development. More of them die and more of them improve, so if you take a bunch of guys who look like back end starters, some of them will die and some of them will be turned into RPs with high stamina and a few of them might pop and become #2 or #3 types.

I think Pavlo can be a good starter because his 3rd best pitch is a FB and he's low VElO now, so those usually get a bump. I could see him being a 60/55/65 pitcher if the fastball bumps up even +5 (which they usually do). Ozay or whatever his name is probably won't amount to much because OSA thinks his control is 50 and that's borderline for a rigger as it is and my scout thinks it is lower, but still he's got 3 good 60 potential pitches which means he could be a starter. If not all of those pitches develop, then he'll still be a WBL reliever.

Wolfman21

Omero Musco was the best bat left available. My scout has him at 55/55/60/45/50. His fielding ratings would put him as a 55/60 defensive first baseman. If he reaches that potential, he could be a starter down the road. If he improves, he could be a realllly good player. If he regresses, he'll be a AAA guy

Wooly

the draft is a joke

31 picks into a ~300 pick draft, and all that's left is trogs.
Yeah, other than Top 5 picks in the draft, no one expects to get starters from the draft, especially competitive teams. That is not very realistic. We shouldo make the draft better, if possible, and decrease the IFA market. Teams relying on IFA to get so many starters is very unrealistic.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
808073.jpg