• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2055 Baseball Winter Meetings in False Bay

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also we can just give the guys who want a rookie league team one. You just create the rookie league and only give certain teams a rookie team. I didnt think about that at first, it isnt a deal breaker anymore. Just dont give me a team and we're good

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I guess this would be a way to test development and see if the talent level you play against makes a difference.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Not the waffles!

AAA is the most worthless other than just being storage for some crap to call up when someone is injured.

Hell no, Nighttrain Ploeg is at AAA until Super Two status passes since some people were whining about leaving Blanks and the other future Manatees in AA pounding anii.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Not the waffles!

AAA is the most worthless other than just being storage for some crap to call up when someone is injured.
Waffles would be moved down, bern alps definitely the weakest name of the three

Wolfman21

Really happy to get brault. Immense upgrade defensively at SS and I expect him to perform better offensively in kabul than he did in moscow.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Really happy to get brault. Immense upgrade defensively at SS and I expect him to perform better offensively in kabul than he did in moscow.
I like Brault. Tried to get him a couple seasons ago, but it didn't work out. Interested to see how he hits for you.

Wolfman21

I like Brault. Tried to get him a couple seasons ago, but it didn't work out. Interested to see how he hits for you.

Players usually hit better for me than they do for other teams. Look at spoon for instance. Was wallowing in little rock...came back to Kabul and hit over .360. If he can give me .260/.310/.375 to go with his defense I'll be happy

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Slightly. Yes
Interesting. His stats don't match that 40 range that's for sure. Nice bat though.

Players usually hit better for me than they do for other teams. Look at spoon for instance. Was wallowing in little rock...came back to Kabul and hit over .360. If he can give me .260/.310/.375 to go with his defense I'll be happy
I hear you. I think that's true for winning teams in general. Plus he is moving to JV. Nice pick up.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Spoon hit just fine in little rock though. About the same he did for you. Last season seams more of the exception than the rule for both teams.

Wolfman21

I just feel like the losing gets to players. I used Spoon because yeah, he hit >.300 for Little rock in 1.5 seasons...but this past season he was hitting .230 before the trade and then he hit >.400 for like a month and a half, lol. Plus, Brault hasn't exactly been given a fair shake in Moscow. Started 147 games in 2051. Started 152 in 2052 when he put up a 1.4 WAR. Then in 2053 he spent the entire season in AAA. In 2054 he started 100 games and put up a .4 WAR. Hes gonna be a big time upgrade over luca merlini at SS and will allow me to keep Tangles in AAA for another season.

Wolfman21

Yeah I didn't get why he was in AAA at that time. That's when I asked bdub about him. At worst he is a great utility player.

I'd love to use him as my utility infielder. That would be optimal. However, Merlini just isn't a good enough shortstop. Merlini will be my utility guy now with Brault holding down SS, Lopez at 3B(unless i trade him) and Gonzo at 2B with Caniliac at 1B.

Defense is still my weak spot, but i feel as though i've upgraded and still trying to upgrade some more through free agency.

Bdub

He was still in AAA because I hadn't gotten a handle on my minor leagues attached that point.

Gooksta

I just feel like the losing gets to players. I used Spoon because yeah, he hit >.300 for Little rock in 1.5 seasons...but this past season he was hitting .230 before the trade and then he hit >.400 for like a month and a half, lol. Plus, Brault hasn't exactly been given a fair shake in Moscow. Started 147 games in 2051. Started 152 in 2052 when he put up a 1.4 WAR. Then in 2053 he spent the entire season in AAA. In 2054 he started 100 games and put up a .4 WAR. Hes gonna be a big time upgrade over luca merlini at SS and will allow me to keep Tangles in AAA for another season.
losing does..as does winning gives players a boost

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
My man! Rad wins the prize of knowing what happens. Idk what is happening with this since i havent been around. How many 16 year olds (so 17 by draft date) are in the pool?

And for the argument that they arent ready, they are just as ready as they'll be if i move the age back so that wont change. You get 3-4 years of HS no matter what so unless you want to turn this into middle school and highschool they're not going to be any more polished coming out

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
lol @Travis7401 offering all the shithead Amateur IFA's 342k

Just making sure to do my part driving up prices best I can. Plus, those guys get 4 years dev in the IFA complex even if they are terrible, which is nice because I don't have to give them playing time but they still develop.

Looks like I missed one because some shithead signed for @ZackMills for less than the limit.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
My man! Rad wins the prize of knowing what happens. Idk what is happening with this since i havent been around. How many 16 year olds (so 17 by draft date) are in the pool?

And for the argument that they arent ready, they are just as ready as they'll be if i move the age back so that wont change. You get 3-4 years of HS no matter what so unless you want to turn this into middle school and highschool they're not going to be any more polished coming out
Rad doesn't know shit

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Do any of these 14 year olds that come out of the draft play less than 4 years of HS?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Rad doesn't know shit

This is Sim Callis you're talking to. Why does it matter if 17 year olds are in the draft? They develop fine.

The 16 year olds and all 17 by actual draft day.

If you phuck with the ages you will create another monster draft. Fine by me, since I'm a HAVE now and would benefit from draft depth.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I could just change the setting to age is surpassed instead of age is reached. That will mean they'll have to be 18 as of the draft. I think that might be the best option because some of these guys do skip their senior year.

@Orlando, @osick87 I'll get the sim tonight and hit that switch. Some will play 5 years of HS but we can just call them dumb. The age is 17, so I'll just switch it to where they must be 18 as of draft day rather than 17.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This is Sim Callis you're talking to. Why does it matter if 17 year olds are in the draft? They develop fine.

The 16 year olds and all 17 by actual draft day.

If you phuck with the ages you will create another monster draft. Fine by me, since I'm a HAVE now and would benefit from draft depth.

I'll have to look, I'll see what the pool looks like at 18 and at 17. If it really screws it up they can just suck it but an extra year does look needed honestly, a guy with a 20 rating is going to take forever to develop

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yo some of these settings are borcked. No wonder. I'm not quite sure what happened and it was probably me messing around with it before I turned over the reigns but I'll fix them up

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I can set it to 18 and let them have the option of leaving at 17 if they are ready, so they aren't forced at that point and most would be 18 but the GOATs would leave at 17.

All of these ages are, of course as of draft date.

I'm just trying to spit out options so you guys know what you can choose from

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I like that one. I don't really care. I just don't want the drafts getting all screwed up again.

I need to test them but I don't think that would be as drastic as what I did the last time. Players were too old coming out before so I had to do that one and it involved changing both feeders' age limits lower so it flooded the draft. This one one affect college at all and might make the HS slightly lighter. I'll see how bad it affects things, I might have to slowly push this through. Not many will be 18 at draft date, but that is due to another setting I had at a weird limit