• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2055 Baseball Winter Meetings in False Bay

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]2055 BASEBALL WINTER MEETINGS HEADS TO SOUTH AFRICA[/BCOLOR]

Come down and celebrate fake baseball on one of the most tranquil and picturesque stretches of coastline in the world. Known for its scenic beauty, a view broken only by Ball Shack Stadium, False Bay encompasses small seaside villages from Hangklip, near Pringle Bay, to Cape Point.

GordonsBaY.jpg

Popular with surfers, swimmers, bodyboarders and anyone who enjoys peace and quiet and the fresh sea air, towns along the False Bay coastline also offer a multitude of arts and craft shops, fantastic restaurants and bars, cute and quirky coffee shops, and quiet look-out points.

If surfing isn't your thing-thing, grab a friend GM and take to the seas on a whale watch!

jumping-humpback-whale.jpg

Whales abound on the False Bay coastline – every year between June and November, southern right whales migrate the Western Cape waters to calve and nurse their newborns, while humpback whales journey through the region between May and December.

A joint collaboration between GM @Mr. Radpants and GM @doh, hosted by GM @jdlikewoah, Minor League Baseball, World League Baseball and their affiliated parties will gather at the 114th annual meetings for a week filled with seminars and league and organizational meetings. For five event-packed days, the host hotel will bring together front office personnel, trade show exhibitors and job seekers, all under one roof. Throughout the week, a number of notable events fill the agenda, including the Baseball Trade Show; the PBEO Job Fair, presented by sponsor Lakon Spaceways; the Banquet; the Bob Freitas Business Seminar & Workshop Series; the Awards Luncheon; and the Gala. This year, the Workshop Series will feature several interesting breakout sessions

• Paragraphs and Spreadsheets: OOTP Sperging 101
  • Trading Addicts Anonymous
  • The Shark Tank: Modern Draft Positioning with GM JDLikeWoah
  • Tanking From the Top: When to Tank When You Don't Have To, presented by Pac Man Jones
  • Five Minutes A Day? How you can recruit new owner-managers and annoy Kella in the process
  • Anger Management Class featuring GM Wolfmad
There will also be appearances and presentations by UBL greats and baseball ambassadors Al Walker, Crab Valentine, Chad Holmes, and Pat Morrison.

We are sure the action will be intense, whether you are meeting with owner-managers on a whale watch or strolling together along the scenic beaches of Fish Hoak, so pack your fleece jacket!

FORMAT

Goals for next year (Rebuild/Go for it):
Needs:
Wants:
Excess:

Wolfman21

I have yet to receive my packet. Also, there will be a PowerPoint presentation so I'm gonna need the projector oriented in the middle of the conference room. Thanks

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Goals for next year (Rebuild/Go for it): :laughing:
Needs: Catcher, elite reliever, utility player
Wants: Hitting prospects, picks, elite reliever
Excess: SP, infielders

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Goals: Acquire OF that can hit
Needs: OF that can hit
Wants: OF that can hit
Excess: Shitty fielding power bats and bullpen arms

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Dearest Owner-Managers,

If you guys are confused by the year, last year we had the 2054 Winter Meetings in January. However, given the site, we wanted the Winter Meetings close to peak whale watching season in False Bay. So you get the 2055 Winter Meetings technically happening in 2054. Just pretend it's Madden or something.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Pinto seems past it

In truth I want Mosterd, but it seems like I'll only be able to price gouge him to about 30m

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Goals: Rebuild
Needs: SP, SP, SP
Wants: SP, SP, SP
Excess: ???

In sad news, the Swedish Chef Shawn Bjork called it a career.

jdlikewhoa

Goals for next year: Get back to the playoffs. My owner is less optimistic with, "Don't suck completely"
Needs: Pitching, pitching, and more pitching
Wants: Acquire moar multi starz prospects
Excess: Pretty thin everywhere. Trog bats, if anything

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Goals for next year: Continue rebuild process. Continue trading $30M in salary at least once every four sims.
Needs: Pitching prospects. Better budget.
Wants: A level pitching prospects, draft picks.
Excess: Waiver wire/AAAA players.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
shit I didn't realize that was an actual player I thought it was just a sthick, let me get back to my office

I might still be able to use him but you're better off giving him to a HG team I think

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Objectively he's probably not worth 2 3rds, other than for schtick :laughing: but he does come with this photo collage I made:

23894663305_03af753dba_o.jpg

His current picture features an even wider shit eating marijuana grin, so the comparison is even more apt.

player_7761.png

Dat double chin, LAWD

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Can a mod pin this and unpin the crappy offseason thread? This is the better thread for wheeling and dealing.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't know what this is, but it's the offseason so the offseason thread is pinned.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
This is the better version of the offseason thread with blackjack, hookers, and business seminars.