• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2055 Baseball Winter Meetings in False Bay

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you guys sing me Hunger Games Spirit Carols, we can have the HG. Lloyd just broke my spirit with his boycott, coupled with @doh's refusal to play his tribute even when he was signing bums off the street to fill his roster.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
No Hunger Games this year, btw, my spirit was broken by you idiots last year.

holgo_zpsnx8dagbb.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm going to have to cut so many decent prospects because we don't have a rookie league. This is why I don't care about draft picks after the 5th round. My A team went from 30 players to like a billion in one offseason of drafting and IFA age in.

PETITION TO CHANGE DRAFT TO 10 ROUNDS

Wolfman21

I cut all my 20 yr olds with 40 and less potential ratings and was able to get down to a good number after call ups

osick87

Community Liaison
I'd be fine with adding a Rookie league. It would make the file size pretty large but it would allow you to throw some of the guys you want to give playing time to to see if they "pop" or if you end up having two catchers around the same development level that you want to give more time than "Every 2nd game"

Also Gooksta wanted it and I kinda like when we do stuff he proposed after he left to become the next Chris Moneymaker.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'd vote for 10 round drafts but that's just me being petulant, cutting a random assortment of late round picks in single a is not an issue

NML

What would make me want a rookie league is that we are having a decent amount of 16/17 year olds in our draft class. I have a few prospects that post -2 WARS WON in their first year.

Also - and this is fairly unique to me - I've had a few big draft classes so I kind of have a lot of A-level players right now.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Rookie League is just a waste, at least it was in the UBL. Talent distribution is mostly the same so I doubt it'd change

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He's more than decent. You have better players than him at 1B, 2B, 3B, and SS?

Not at 1B but I won't play him there anyway because that's not ma'system (I'm honestly not sure what I have there). But as good as at 2B, SS and 3B.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I had a pretty good 10th rounder once, he just broke into the WBL elsewhere. We'll see how he does.

We don't need more than 10 rounds. The 15 rounds formula came from the OOTP forums (5 rounds per level of minors) but I think it's incorrect.

I'm not sure there are any talent modifiers since we have feeders, but I wouldn't change anything like that. Changing just the number of rounds would be fine.

NML

Was it possibly based off of 30 teams? Obviously the talent in round 15 is different if there's 30 teams vs 18.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Lol, nobody needs a rookie league. There is absolutely zero reason for it. Just because you think your 40 potential contact guy needs more at bats doesnt mean he does.

Had to have 15 rounds when we generated pools, now not so much since the quality isn't determined by pool size.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Rookie league is one of my never agains, I'd have to leave for real if we did it. I read the rest of the thread and see it wasnt that serious, i was about to get live in here. Dont bring that up right when i come back. I'm not even trying to be petulant but it really will ruin the game for me.

We can limit the rounds, im looking into the age thing. I wanted them to come into the league at 18, so i think i set the draft age for HS at 17-18 meaning they'll be 16 until the draft day sometimes.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
OU MAD AF. Stock market gonna crash, rigger, bury your head in the sand with me and enjoy the illusion of control in the WBL. You can be king again.

I didn't really want a rookie league, I was just stating that we have too many draft picks since we don't have a rookie league, and it gets tiresome cutting all the retards every year. I have enough mongoloid scouting discoveries to cut as it is.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I really don't see a reason to have more than six rounds. With this many teams and the talent pool being so watered down most of those 10th rounders get cut if they're nothing but a solid straight line of pink potential.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
OU MAD AF. Stock market gonna crash, rigger, bury your head in the sand with me and enjoy the illusion of control in the WBL. You can be king again.

I didn't really want a rookie league, I was just stating that we have too many draft picks since we don't have a rookie league, and it gets tiresome cutting all the retards every year. I have enough mongoloid scouting discoveries to cut as it is.

I get super mad about rookie league talk. I've been through that and it is truly terrible. We can reduce rounds tho if everyone who likes to draft is for it, i dont draft anyway.

I just click them all and release them in like 35 seconds at most. What are you doing that makes it a problem?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Carter Gibson is the only player I think I've ever seen with +WARs in the WBL to come after round 10.

Nice pick on that one @NML. He sucks now, but he did have a couple good seasons!

Reactions: NML

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I get super mad about rookie league talk. I've been through that and it is truly terrible. We can reduce rounds tho if everyone who likes to draft is for it, i dont draft anyway.

I just click them all and release them in like 35 seconds at most. What are you doing that makes it a problem?

Well I can't remember who is an actual prospect and who is a shithead, so I have to do my due dilligence and check both OSA and SCOUT, and that takes me quite a while each year. More than my 5 minutes.