• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2054 WBL Season Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Robbie led in ERA, Wins, WAR, FIP, opponents OPS. Second in WHIP. Third in opponents batting average. And he spend a quarter of the season in the band box.

More owners named him as the best pitcher in da game than any other pitcher earlier in the season.

I'm not bragging because he's a Distiller, I just don't really see another pitcher who was as good as him.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Robbie led in ERA, Wins, WAR, FIP, opponents OPS. Second in WHIP. Third in opponents batting average. And he spend a quarter of the season in the band box.

More owners named him as the best pitcher in da game than any other pitcher earlier in the season.

I'm not bragging because he's a Distiller, I just don't really see another pitcher who was as good as him.

Umm, tied in wins there, Rad.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I agree with Wolfman. Out of the 5 game series, he only lost once because of a poor starter performance, and that was from this dude who is plenty good enough (better than any of my pitchers). His SPs weren't the problem at all and in the end that series came down to me having a little better luck and the home field advantage in game 5. He out hit me 2:1 in one of the losses as well, I was just lucky he didn't get runs out of those hits that game or it would have been over in 4 games. You can't look at a series that close and blame anyone, that's just the playoffs. He had better pitchers than me to start, and lost to DOGGGG the average.

Besides, Doh probably was driving a hard bargain and Wolf didn't bite, so now doh mad and is trying to steal my bitter jilted trade partner schtick, which makes me bitter.

Wolfman21

I had one pitcher pitch above his ratings this season and that was my #5 Scheele. Santos pitched like I expected. Peppers was injured for most of the season and pitched about like I would expect when he came back. Brayley and pye were extremely poor...which I wasn't banking on...but it happens. If they all pitch to their ratings I've got possibly the best rotation in the SL.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You got your worst performance from arguably your best pitcher. It's not like you would sit Peppers in favor of any of Doh's guys.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I mean I understand (I'd use the word sympathize but I can't sympathize with a subhuman) Wolf's plight, the playoffs are a bitch. But to say Rob wouldn't improve your team is just being complacent. If he gives up one less run compared to the other pitchers then that's an improvement. Your team can always be better. Was it worth it? Who knows, ask whoever wins the WS this year

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
And frankly I'm shocked that self proclaimed EXCELLENCE STRIVER @Travis7401 would settle for complacency in his opponent. He of all people should know the value of going the extra mile. I believe it's some heavy Dunning-Kruger if mid 3s ERA is good enough when there are multiple pitchers at sub 3. PLAY BETTER @bruin228

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
play-better-gif.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
And frankly I'm shocked that self proclaimed EXCELLENCE STRIVER @Travis7401 would settle for complacency in his opponent. He of all people should know the value of going the extra mile. I believe it's some heavy Dunning-Kruger if mid 3s ERA is good enough when there are multiple pitchers at sub 3. PLAY BETTER @bruin228

I'm just saying, if Wolfman was missing anything it was Loathsome creatures, not star pitchers that Doh wanted to fleece him for. Playoffs are time for 0-10s and DOGS to shine

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well that is also true. Calkhoven gonna have a .900 career playoff batting average and 3 career regular season WAR

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
We've got all 4 classic HAVE NOTS as the remaining playoff teams and I bet the commissioners devised a plan to have us as counter-programming to the Super Bowl? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. To me, it seems like a conspiracy to hold the little guy down, to me.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think about the strife of the HAVE NOTS all the time, it is the elite who control the WBL who don't think of us

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Man my computer is right here but the battery is low. I forgot i could solve this

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
OK, what are choices? DL and he's done for the playoffs completely or leave him on roster and hope he comes back if we make the ship?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
OK, what are choices? DL and he's done for the playoffs completely or leave him on roster and hope he comes back if we make the ship?
Yeah. You are best off leaving him on the roster because I dont think you can bring anyone up in his place?