• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2054-55 Off-Season Thread

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Ima buy 10 copies of 17 just for me and then delete the keys so that I'm sure they've gotten their fair share. That's how mad I am at MILLENNIALS!

Aren't you a MILLENIAL? I mean, I'm pretty much the old man here so all of you are MILLENIALS to me.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ima buy 10 copies of 17 just for me and then delete the keys so that I'm sure they've gotten their fair share. That's how mad I am at MILLENNIALS!

Use your art of deduction skills to see that I ask who wants to go in on the $12 deal to see how many keys I need to buy for the league. We're going to upgrade, we always do. We haven't had you as our resident sugar daddy so since I haven't leveled up to your status yet I like to buy keys instead of copies for the laggerts. If you're going to hand out copies I'll just pre-order now for myself and not worry about it

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You can go back through the posts, every single year we do the same thing. They come out with the first marketing post for the plebs and we all say "this looks like a pile of poop, we don't need it. Let's skip this year" then a week later the newsletter thing comes out with a more in depth look at the changes to the inner engine and we're all like "whoops, this would be great for us" and we buy it. Going from 12 to 13 was late because we were still new and not really sure that the league would survive after cornhole and fignuts almost killed the league, but after that we've upgraded on preorders. I think

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well orlando and I did the same thing for years pretty much, but in OOTP13 we got compensated. Well we tried, I never actually got paid I'm not sure if he did :laughing:

Either way, don't get your panties in a wad they've got their fair share from us. They've actually gotten more than their fair share from this league honestly.

Btw I'm a college student with a family and kids and my dog needs braces, I need a copy
Paid? We were supposed to get paid?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Paid? We were supposed to get paid?

We put on the ruse that it was split 3 ways after the first year where you and I spent like $120 on the game, but that never happened. That first year sucked because we moved up when half the league was AI GMs, so then it filled up. But they wouldn't buy the game at full price so you and I bought the extra 2 copies to get them in at $40 for 2 keys :laughing:

I'm pretty sure that was OOTP13

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm in a protest until they release an international/WBC feature, until then they won't get my full money. I know I'll find at least one other scoundrel MILLENIAL to go halfsies on me to fight the power.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We put on the ruse that it was split 3 ways after the first year where you and I spent like $120 on the game, but that never happened. That first year sucked because we moved up when half the league was AI GMs, so then it filled up. But they wouldn't buy the game at full price so you and I bought the extra 2 copies to get them in at $40 for 2 keys :laughing:

I'm pretty sure that was OOTP13
Yeah I mean I have bought a copy every year even the year it was bought for me. A few years two or three. It was an incentive to get new owners and keep old. I never got paid tho :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's pretty cool then. I can finally do my PRE WBL LEAGUES with the WBC included, would be pretty neat

Yeah someone asked about it in the features thread and one of the devs said that since the WBC is in 2017 they'll put it in. I want to know more about how they're going to work on the online side in the future release. Does that mean a patch or like OOTP22

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@Mr. Radpants I finally found what you were referencing earlier about online leagues. That exchange was hilarious

"Our league doesn't want to upgrade"

Markus "You'll be missing out on ALOT"

Another guy "Like what?"

Markus "I can't tell you, gotta save it for the Road to Release articles"

Markus, you putz.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Could I get a new manager face? I don't want to be a white guy with a blond goatee anymore, give me a hispanic guy with a chin strap or at the very least, a white guy with a chin strap