• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2054-55 Off-Season Thread

jdlikewhoa

I've got plenty of money.
2510754-3363261264-24674.gif

I just didn't want to pay a 37 year old max money for 3 years, especially when there's some decent SPs that will be hitting FA next year.

Lol at Wolfdumb thinking he's that important that he impacted my offseason.

I'm honestly surprised I had the 3 signings I did during the long sim, especially Torres. I thought I'd get one of the guys, but long sims are a crapshoot when they favor your offer already.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

I just didn't want to pay a 37 year old max money for 3 years, especially when there's some decent SPs that will be hitting FA next year.

I'm honestly surprised I had the 3 signings I did during the long sim, especially Torres. I thought I'd get one of the guys, but long sims are a crapshoot when they favor your offer already.

Too rich for my blood!

Ur last bid on Torres did me in. I left all my offers in case you pulled out.

Had Karpet on much better value last season and he sucked in the playoffs.

At this point I'll just look for trades during the season.

jdlikewhoa

Probably rolling with 11 position players and 14 pitchers this season. Using 2 super utility guys to give my starters days off and converting that 29 year old geezer to his natural GOAT SS position.

It'll be interesting to see how this works out.

Wolfman21

Apparently I was that important

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Alright, I have one guy left on my 40 man I want off. Is tonight the long sim where I can sneak them through without getting claimed or what?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

You weren't going to out JD me, even putting aside the fact he's going to fall off a cliff this year most likely. I would have just kept adding years to his deal at 12M per until I got to the max.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Shored up the rotation a bit more.

Would have liked Geeves as a bat of the bench but @Travis7401 got him.

Other fish in the sea and all that jazz

I'll trade you him or Carter Gibson! Had extra monies and wanted a little boost from his popularity, got back what I lost with the Juarez trade.

Gooksta

if you guys need another owner.. Id come back, if you let me.. I am trying a new theory out - with how fast you guys go through seasons.. it give me some xtra info

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Is this where we were discussing OOTP 17?

Well, here's some demographic info

Indy Dev said:
By the way, our usage tracker reveals that 65% of of OOTP users play the modern day MLB standard game, 25% fictional, and 10% historical.

Meanwhile, 54% of forum posters there play fictional, 32% play MLB

Basically they view the OOTP forum posters as the hardcore minority, unfortunately.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Which makes their marketing bullshit make sense. First release for pre-order is all the turd features and then the Road to Release hits the hardcore minority. Usually anyway, we'll see if this year is different but I'm sure they'll keep catering to the forum members

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
BOYCOTT

[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:10|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
Originally Posted by bp_
Any online league specific improvements?{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Indy Dev said:
Nothing which is specifically for online leagues only. We'll redesign that whole part of the game for a later version, so we did not put much work in it this year. One thing is new, we store all text in a single mySQL database now, which is good to reduce upload times. Obviously, stuff like the game-generated recaps etc. are great for online leagues, too.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
In their defense i wouldnt mess with it either, we're an even smaller minority than fictional leagues and the ootp team has just now received enough money to expand the team and really do what they wanted with it in the first place.

So while it blows, I dont blame them. If they keep modeling 3d parks for 10 years we'll know they bitch maids, but for now they're going to just make their vision come to fruition. If the road to release is really shit then I'll be more upset

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I mean what else would be specific for online leagues doe? I can't think of anything in regards to player dev/contract AI that would benefit solely online leagues

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I dont even know, i just want them to keep focusing on the inner workings and adding more variety to that. As long as that happens I'm fine with whatever flashy trog traps they do to get more sales from mlb fans

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Oh, i dont want that at all. That sounds awful, did you even stop to think about the coordination of that and how long a game would take?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea sounds like the Football Manager way which is why we don't have a FM league here, cool idea in theory though, it just only works for smaller player groups

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Sounds cool, but we might use it for a game 7 of a world series. Maybe. We have 18 people in the league and a human managing against an AI gm would be a nogo since it would be so unfair. I'd rather them focus on more development features for prospects, maybe some way to train these fuckshits defensively. There's a lot of sim stuff they can flesh out to bring more immersion

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Allowing it is an option would be neat. Could do the head to head for world series only, but even that could take a lot of time.