• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2054-55 Off-Season Thread

osick87

Community Liaison
@Orlando and I were talking about how integrating the third party ootp online utilities would be nice.

Stuff like being able to upload draft pool to the site from inside the game.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I was just spitballing. Obviously not for every game, lol.

An OOTP supported draft utility that integrates our scouts and gives you the option to draft in game as well as on a website would be nice. A web platform that isn't five years old would be nice.

Better integration between the game and web.

I think the bigger issue is being ignored year after year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I was just spitballing. Obviously not for every game, lol.

An OOTP supported draft utility that integrates our scouts and gives you the option to draft in game as well as on a website would be nice. A web platform that isn't five years old would be nice.

Better integration between the game and web.

I think the bigger issue is being ignored year after year.

Yeah it would be nice for the integration to be looked at but we make it work. I'd still rather them work on the game than do that so that's why I'm not that madpants. If they stop implementing useful features and go full EA on the community then that is when I'll be upsetpants. They have to get the MLB fanbase that just plays their favorite team's dynasty though because they were small time before that license came in. Now they made it and of course they're going to cater to them, I'm hopeful they aren't going to lose sight of what made it popular in the first place. Then when they get time they can fix some of the online league stuff for the 2% of players that probably play online.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Is this where we were discussing OOTP 17?

Well, here's some demographic info

Meanwhile, 54% of forum posters there play fictional, 32% play MLB

Basically they view the OOTP forum posters as the hardcore minority, unfortunately.

Didnt kill myself yet.

As far as this game, I always liked playing historical leagues. The two solo leagues I play are both historical replays. One started in the year 1962, the other started in my year of birth. When I first picked up OOTP in 2001, the first league I joined was a league that started in 1966, and was in 1971 at the time. The next league I joined was a mid-80s. I was in a league that started in 1947, another in the 60s and another that had all-time great teams. I love the idea of alternate histories.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yeah it would be nice for the integration to be looked at but we make it work. I'd still rather them work on the game than do that so that's why I'm not that madpants. If they stop implementing useful features and go full EA on the community then that is when I'll be upsetpants. They have to get the MLB fanbase that just plays their favorite team's dynasty though because they were small time before that license came in. Now they made it and of course they're going to cater to them, I'm hopeful they aren't going to lose sight of what made it popular in the first place. Then when they get time they can fix some of the online league stuff for the 2% of players that probably play online.

Well the feature list is not useful to online players except RECAPS. I hope they are done with the same accuracy that scouting assessments are! 70/80 contact, lifetime .250 hitter, nothing special.

They've been focusing on 3D bs and he constantly talks about graphical representations. Their vision always seems in stark contrast to the hardcore community on the site, despite the constant dev fawning on that site.

Speaking of, a couple months ago Marcus inquired about putting in features that would assist sports gambling like DraftKings and every single post was like, "That's dumb, work on other stuff"

Odds they don't lose sight of why people like this game @NML

Reactions: NML

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah but they did the same thing last year, then the road to release showed the actual useful features and we all changed our tune. I think it's actually been that way every year, the opening letter is to grab trogs then they flesh out their feature list that matters.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The announcement last year included garbage as well. The useful features initially advertised were recoded team finances and team strategy.

Lloyd Carr

@Gooksta leaving was probably one of the best things to ever happen to the WBL

3af78ad62aa74c0d32a258c56cc9b2ddcfebcf725741039bca8cb350f5d8daf7_:original

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The best quitting shtick was my quitting shtick where you wouldn't accept my resignation for 8 seasons. Then as soon as you said, "Fine, I'll replace you" I said NO CHANCE and came back 1000% active again.

I finally got wise to your game and reverse psychologied you.

Idk I guess it's just me that didn't quit then until I skipped the last two-three seasons. GOAT GM

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I gave up my team in the first year of the UBL, then took over the Brent's the first year when Packfan didn't buy the game or something.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I gave up my team in the first year of the UBL, then took over the Brent's the first year when Packfan didn't buy the game or something.

You weren't in for like 4 months of a season I think. Packfan never bought the game so I think you moved in during our first season

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Brick is really screwing with what I want to do, I have no 4th OF due to him. He's going back to AAA after this sim so I can get Marsh back up. He and Zo will take the field opening day

Wooly

:laughing: awesome! What's the record in A ball?

Tony spends a lot of time worrying about my teams. Are you really pouring through my A team roster?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
:laughing: awesome! What's the record in A ball?

Tony spends a lot of time worrying about my teams. Are you really pouring through my A team roster?

I couldn't care less about your teams. I was trying to remember the last overhyped @Travis7401 SPREADSHEET WARRIOR that went down in flames and was shocked he was still in baseball.