• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2053 Draft - WOOF

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I also drafted Tessie to pull in some of the Old school Red Sox fans who I assume are usually split between rooting for Dublin, or the intergalactic metropolis of Buffalo.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
There's no contest there. I get all the fake Irish Bostonian Dropkick Murphy clowns easily, look at Notre Dame. Speaking of, I probably get all the Notre Dame fake Irish fans also.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I knew how you felt about Catcher prospects with bad defense, but if you'd really like the Irish North Dakotans back on your band wagon, we can arrange a trade!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I don't really understand your post. Tessie isn't even Irish or from Boston. So color me confused. This might be some precision trolling but I don't care.

Did you consider that maybe Boston fans just follow the Boston High School Red Sox? They won a championship recently. I have grabbed a bunch of super Irish guys from their team recently as well. Example

In fact, my second round pick was from Boston High.

Creswell is from Dublin and I followed his career in Raleigh closely before drafting him to appease the pubs in Temple Bar.

Anyway, I appreciate that you're trying to make inroads into the fertile Irish recruiting grounds of Ireland and Boston, but I have been a noted relationship builder in my core communities for years in this league.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He probably deserves an Irish nickname now, though. If he can have a Pacific Islander name while being from South Africa, then he can have an Irish nickname.

Wolfman21

speaking of nicknames, I wish I had noticed Peppers Pasquet was Canadian a while ago. I would have changed his nickname from "Peppers" to "Poutine". Yoann "Poutine" Pasquet

Wolfman21

As far as Digger Wideen goes, I thought about him with my first rounder. Then I looked at his batting statistics and noticed he hit worse every year he was in HS. His last season he hit .289.....in high school. If you can't hit .300 in high school, no thanks. So I went with Sparks who hit >.400/>.500/>.800 in two out of his three years in HS.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
haha, funny how scouts differ so much. My scout projects him to be "about a .130 hitter". hahaha

Well, by "loves" I mean he's one of a handful of *** guys in the entire draft :laughing: He does seem to think he'll develop some serious power and a good eye, though

Wolfman21

Well, by "loves" I mean he's one of a handful of *** guys in the entire draft :laughing: He does seem to think he'll develop some serious power and a good eye, though

Your scout likes this draft better than mine then. My scout only sees 2 players over 2* potential, lol

jdlikewhoa

Lol. When I finally looked atthe guys I drafted in OOTP instead of the draft website I was like

YoKDHux783GY8.gif

Wolfman21

Why the fuck are you people still looking at *s? It is literally meaningless to use with prospects, because there are no "potential" ratings for their defensive position and most of them aren't even in their best position.

Lawd. Its the easiest way to compare players when talking about them on this website. I guess I could go into how many guys have 45 contact combined with a 50+ eye/avoid k but they have to have a 60+ fielding rating but that would be too much work. Therefore I just say, "only so many stars." Of course stars alone don't prove how good a player is. Come on travis, we're not rookies. Go holla at @bruin wit dat

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I mean it's not like the spreadsheet is anything ground breaking, but it does allow you to sort better than that ham-fisted website sorting while allowing you to view the individual defensive ratings without having to click all the way through to the player page.

Wolfman21

I mean it's not like the spreadsheet is anything ground breaking, but it does allow you to sort better than that ham-fisted website sorting while allowing you to view the individual defensive ratings without having to click all the way through to the player page.

who uses the website? All my info comes straight from the sim. Sorting is so easy it hurts

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You can't use solver to sort in game, or turn it into a pivot table, or make ur own calculations to apply your own weights to each rating.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
No, I mean he was literally taken with the #14 pick and therefore unavailable when I selected at #15. Then Tony cries about having to pay a GOAT some $ and next thing you know @Orlando does him a "favor" and runs off with the grand prize!

Had I known this was the case I would have just swapped with you. My farm is so weak I need to take guys I have a shot at signing instead of haggling with GOATs that want my entire draft budget. Yes, this is totally the early-00s San Diego Padres strategy (i.e. dumb) but we had no shot of signing him and my scout didn't really see him as a GOAT.

Wolfman21

Had I known this was the case I would have just swapped with you. My farm is so weak I need to take guys I have a shot at signing instead of haggling with GOATs that want my entire draft budget. Yes, this is totally the early-00s San Diego Padres strategy (i.e. dumb) but we had no shot of signing him and my scout didn't really see him as a GOAT.

How would you have trouble signing a guy who is only demanding $4 mil?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
How would you have trouble signing a guy who is only demanding $4 mil?

That's over 50% of my draft budget and we don't get comp picks so why put yourself into a situation where you can sign a potential GOAT and no one else? Throw in the farm situation and it shouldn't be that hard to figure out.