• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2052 Hot Stove

Wolfman21

I did think about Hocine. The more i think about it, the more i wanna vote for him, but i've already cast the ballot.

Lloyd Carr

Nico is the only one deserving. No way i'm voting for a closer with a near 4.00 ERA.

His ERA is 3.4

Not only were his ratings terrible in his final year in BR (he never should have been signed, @Reel ), he also started four games. That final year is irrelevant to his career stats.

And his career FIP is 3.24 WITH those final year stats. Not going to do the math to figure out what it is without.

Wolfman21

His ERA is 3.4

Not only were his ratings terrible in his final year in BR (he never should have been signed, @Reel ), he also started four games. That final year is irrelevant to his career stats.

And his career FIP is 3.24 WITH those final year stats. Not going to do the math to figure out what it is without.

good thing everyone gets a vote then, eh?

I just think Niklasson got lucky to be on a Buffalo team that was a Top 2-3 team in the SL for basically his entire career which gave him a ton of save chances. His numbers aren't particularly impressive for a relief pitcher outside of the 500+ saves. That will prolly be enough to get him in at some point whether it be this year, next year or whenever. I'm just not gonna vote for him right now.

Schauwn

good thing everyone gets a vote then, eh?

I just think Niklasson got lucky to be on a Buffalo team that was a Top 2-3 team in the SL for basically his entire career which gave him a ton of save chances. His numbers aren't particularly impressive for a relief pitcher outside of the 500+ saves. That will prolly be enough to get him in at some point whether it be this year, next year or whenever. I'm just not gonna vote for him right now.

dumb argument. you're not voting for him because the team was good? gtfo

Wolfman21

dumb argument. you're not voting for him because the team was good? gtfo

no, i'm not voting for him because i don't think his numbers are particularly impressive, the save number aside. Saves are a dumb stat that is based primarily on how good a team is.

Wolfman21

lol, @Orlando....love my scouts new name. Everytime he brings me a scouting discovery or I like a scouting assessment he brings me, i'm gonna post this gif:

Simba_funny.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I voted for Nico, Pasta, Peder and Merc. No one else is even close to deserving IMO. Peder's save record is still cool to me and may never be broken, so he got my vote.

In hindsight I would rather not have voted for Pasta, but oh well.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I voted for Nico, Pasta, Peder and Merc. No one else is even close to deserving IMO. Peder's save record is still cool to me and may never be broken, so he got my vote.

In hindsight I would rather not have voted for Pasta, but oh well.

Beanpole is 75 behind, but I can see him catching up if someone gives him the opportunity to close. He's still pretty good.

Lloyd Carr

Beanpole is 75 behind, but I can see him catching up if someone gives him the opportunity to close. He's still pretty good.

He won't make it.

His ratings are already dropping off. He looks like how Peder looked the off-season before his final year in Buffalo. 'Beanpole' has probably one more year in him, but after next season he will hit the road bump that Peder hit.

The only pitcher in the WBL right now who might reach Niklasson is JARVIS. 'Beanpole' might as well, but I don't think he can go two more years at 38 saves a year.

Wolfman21

He won't make it.

His ratings are already dropping off. He looks like how Peder looked the off-season before his final year in Buffalo. 'Beanpole' has probably one more year in him, but after next season he will hit the road bump that Peder hit.

The only pitcher in the WBL right now who might reach Niklasson is JARVIS. 'Beanpole' might as well, but I don't think he can go two more years at 38 saves a year.

niklasson lucky that Humphrey's arm fell off.

Lloyd Carr

niklasson lucky that Humphrey's arm fell off.

No.

You can't take away from Niklasson based on what happened to someone else. In fact, that argument makes Niklasson look better because it shows he had the durability to make it to 505/515 saves when other pitchers couldn't.

osick87

Community Liaison
I take away from Niklasson the fact you didn't trust him to pitch more than 1 inning a game.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Out of curiosity, how many Hall of Famers in the history of sports had to spend the last three years of their career not playing at the highest level of their sport?

Lloyd Carr

Out of curiosity, how many Hall of Famers in the history of sports had to spend the last three years of their career not playing at the highest level of their sport?

In real life, owner-managers don't sign players who can't play anymore.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Players never know when to retire in OOTP haha

osick87

Community Liaison
Going to be tough to vote for a guy who you were only confident in pitching when you were already up 3.

:trollface:

osick87

Community Liaison
Tough for me to hate on Frenchy. He spends plenty of time in the minors and seems to take it in stride.

True that. Plus he signed a baseball and gave fans money to buy beer that one time.

Just saying he's not very good.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Wow... our first good International pro FA since-- Edgardo Garcia?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Man I love the sim after the OSA updates. One of my decent young pitchers fucking died, but on the good side this former trog continues to benefit from his rigger steroid supply

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_6968.html

2049 when he was cut:
[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|753x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=80x@}01/01/2049{/td}
{td=888x@}OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Contact: 45 (45); Power: 30 (40); Eye: 30 (50).{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
2052:
[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|756x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=80x@}01/01/2052{/td}
{td=888x@}OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Contact: 50 (55); Power: 50 (60); Eye: 40 (50).{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Wolfman21

Yeah, i love the new year sim. The changes in ratings always get me happy. Especially this year. Seeing Pye, Caniliac and Alvarado all zoom up to 4.5* potential guys has me psyched.

On the downside, Giovanny Lucci's potential ratings died. He was looking like a decent prospect at SS. Had 70+ ratings defensively on every rating. His contact/gap were 55 and the rest were 45/50 ratings. So while not a great offensive player, with that defense, he would be acceptable. Not only did his offensive ratings drop 5-10 points in each, his defense also dropped :(. Tangles Escamilla lost some points in power as well.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Disappointing Norman didn't get some bumps I was expecting from OSA. Dublin Scout actually downgraded his eye also.

Blanks got downgraded a little by OSA as well, so whatever.

Anyway, hand-wringing about 5 point swings.

Schauwn

Where do I find this player dev report? I'm not seeing it in OOTP under Player Info>Player Dev Report, am I missing something?

Wolfman21

there isn't a report in the offseason. You just check your guys manually. Reports are only sent out monthly during the season

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
There's a player dev page somewhere but I don't have time to find it right now. It's different from that one. Like where you can see all your minors at once (not transactions page), maybe under news drop down or something

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
uhm, well that's the right page and it shows for me

The options are the same but if it helps any I went in through Front Office->Player Development then hit the report button on the top right