• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2051 WBL Season Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I quit too. Started with 3-2, 1-1 over. How am I going to draft All Americans?

Victim of conflicting strategies. Bat flip strategy is leading to too many wins to also secure the 1-1.

Wolfman21

if osick is burned out as a commish, i'd volunteer to help out when I can. I would need the basics explained to me so that i wouldn't F something up, but i'm free on most nights that I don't work

osick87

Community Liaison
2 months as assistant commish has already burnt Osi out? What goes on in these closed door commissioner meetings

I was pretty burnt out by then to but figured me simming would at least refresh OU enough.

Simming does kill a lot of flexibility in how you can take a break.

It is mostly the roughly 900 hrs I have in 15&16 that has me burnt out enough to let someone play who wants to. If not, then I guess I will still play an sim.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I was pretty burnt out by then to but figured me simming would at least refresh OU enough.

Simming does kill a lot of flexibility in how you can take a break.

It is mostly the roughly 900 hrs I have in 15&16 that has me burnt out enough to let someone play who wants to. If not, then I guess I will still play an sim.

THIS IS A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yep. Had to make room for SCUTTLEBUTT to come on board to boost attendance by hitting .150

That being said, I liked how the curse worked a lot better last year. :laughing:

He flied out in the bottom of the 9th in the WS, he pulled the ultimate curse by getting your hopes up.

jdlikewhoa

I mentioned about a year ago that I could co-commish or full commish. I work nights so sims would be before 9:30pm real people time. I also think I'm slightly less obnoxious than Wolfman, but maybe not.

As an aside, I think we missed the preseason predictions.

osick87

Community Liaison
If it came to that I wouldn't leave. I just saw NML wanting back in and I don't really look forward to playing it like I used to so I figured I would ask.

Maybe something about this season will sink it's hooks in me.

Probably won't be as active on here since I'm trying not to go on utopia at work at all. This was another reason I figured I would ask.

jdlikewhoa

If it came to that I wouldn't leave. I just saw NML wanting back in and I don't really look forward to playing it like I used to so I figured I would ask.

Maybe something about this season will sink it's hooks in me. Probably won't be as active on here since I'm trying not to go on utopia at work at all.
If you don't appreciate Kasib, you can give him back.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I like how Castiglione and Zhang are #1 and #3 in opponent batting average, and they have the worst eras ever. The Italian gave up 3 homers to Dublin lolz

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I like how Castiglione and Zhang are #1 and #3 in opponent batting average, and they have the worst eras ever. The Italian gave up 3 homers to Dublin lolz

We raked this first sim.

Not sure how I am 7 in power rankings with a "-" after sweeping you, are the power rankings just anticipating me playing someone else?

NML

Probably a not-popular opinion, but if the owners are going through the motions, a new league might help increase immersion. Not sure if it's a league wide issue, or just Osick and OU.

Y'all know how to get in touch with me if you need me to fill in or take over though.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Probably a not-popular opinion, but if the owners are going through the motions, a new league might help increase immersion. Not sure if it's a league wide issue, or just Osick and OU.

Y'all know how to get in touch with me if you need me to fill in or take over though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

I wouldn't be into it like I used to be if you paid me. I go through stages of semi caring and doing it for da league.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't want to sound like I hate it, I don't. It's just been a long time doing it nightly. @osick87 thanks a bunch, you helped out a ton. @Orlando has offered to start pulling his weight so we're still good, I just don't have the interest in analyzing it like i used to. Once that stops there isn't much else to the game besides fake records.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
All joking aside, I think last year might have mentally spoiled my outlook. 2052 was always the target for competing for a playoff spot and I just need to keep that in mind. A down year isn't a bad thing, I just need to continue to let my young players develop and then replace the crappiest 2 in free agency for the next few years while I have $.

osick87

Community Liaison
I don't want to sound like I hate it, I don't. It's just been a long time doing it nightly. @osick87 thanks a bunch, you helped out a ton. @Orlando has offered to start pulling his weight so we're still good, I just don't have the interest in analyzing it like i used to. Once that stops there isn't much else to the game besides fake records.

I can still SIM. I am kinda at the same point as you. Likely just put in my 5 mins + SIM and keep on keepin' on.

Suppose I will get excited about Harley getting up sometime this season.